LucasForums

LucasForums (http://www.lucasforums.com/index.php)
-   Masters of the Force (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=449)
-   -   The Future of MotF (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=110304)

razorace 09-06-2003 10:56 AM

The Future of MotF

Well, JKA is just around the corner and it's probably time to start talking the possibility of doing a "port" or redo of MotF in JKA.

I'm up for it. But that's assuming that the promised engine fixes have in fact been fixed.

However, I think the mod needs a new name. Too many people found MotF to be too confusing.

In addition, I'd like MotF to be a derivative of OJP. That way I can add critical game functions to OJP and then use them in MotF.

Thoughts? Comments?

Emon 09-28-2003 05:59 PM

What are the fundamentals of MotF? I only played it a little. If my idea for a mod is at all similar to yours, it would be nice to combine them.

razorace 09-28-2003 07:53 PM

It's a bit complicated. Try looking around in this forum and see what you find.

lightofdarkness 10-08-2003 08:19 PM

cool

I'd like to see the mod continued, definitely. The new saber system was incredible, finally long-lasting saber battles! I have ideas as to a new saber combat stytem too, should it need be heard. Basically involves Offensive and Defensive styles, with mouse 1 for fast strikes and mouse 2 for strong ones. Strong style would be changed animation wise, (you're not exactly swinging a claymore) and the possible inclusion of a defense meter.:D

FireFly_87 10-12-2003 03:17 PM

i think that you should do it similar to RenegadeOfPhunks modification - Movie Battles. In that mod - there is Manual blocking..But the problem is that the mod is a FFA or TFFA mod, and for Saber fantatics, its maybe not the best mod. I hope u'll makeit guys :D

Fire

razorace 10-12-2003 05:44 PM

Well, our system is much more complicated than the Movies Battle system. It was a simple clicking affair. Ours involves a more active defensive role by actively controlly which defense moves you take.

Quote:

I'd like to see the mod continued, definitely. The new saber system was incredible, finally long-lasting saber battles! I have ideas as to a new saber combat stytem too, should it need be heard. Basically involves Offensive and Defensive styles, with mouse 1 for fast strikes and mouse 2 for strong ones. Strong style would be changed animation wise, (you're not exactly swinging a claymore) and the possible inclusion of a defense meter.
We already have a different system planned. sorry.

CortoCG 10-12-2003 06:16 PM

Cool stuff I read here. I would like to know soem more of that in the future Ace, perhaps we could speak about it on IRC.

razorace 10-12-2003 06:47 PM

Feel free to just ask here. Then I don't have to type stuff 50 zillion times to answer the "Well, what are the plans for MotF?" question. :)

Actually, I'll create a new thread for this.

Here!