LucasForums

LucasForums (http://www.lucasforums.com/index.php)
-   Star Wars RTS Central (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Your favourite Star Wars RTS - Poll! (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=144560)

DarthMaulUK 02-18-2005 02:20 AM

Your favourite Star Wars RTS - Poll!

There's been a few SW RTS titles out there, but which one cuts the crust with you?

Jan Gaarni 02-18-2005 03:24 AM

I can't quite decide which of Rebellion and Force Commander.

I think I will go for Rebellion. It has less things that was alittle annoying. :)

Master Bryl 09-03-2005 05:54 AM

SWGB>FoCom.

Jamps 01-13-2006 06:34 PM

I've only played SWGB, so thats what I picked. (wow, I'm pretty late on this poll!)

shukrallah 01-14-2006 12:13 AM

I like force commander...

I've only played FC and SWGB so...

Jamps 01-15-2006 07:49 PM

I just downloaded the demo to Force Commander. Very fun game, the controls are a bit strange but still very good. Also the camera is more complicated than Galactic Battlegrounds, but thats because it is in full 3D.

I like the effects in it too. The smoke effects look great, especially for that time.

Is there a multiplayer community for Force Commander? I'm thinking about buying it from the Lucasarts store when they start selling it again in Feburary and would like to know.

shukrallah 01-15-2006 09:32 PM

I don't know... I played a friend in FC 3 or 4 times... good times :)

Samuel Dravis 02-12-2006 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agent Eighty Nine
I just downloaded the demo to Force Commander. Very fun game, the controls are a bit strange but still very good. Also the camera is more complicated than Galactic Battlegrounds, but thats because it is in full 3D.

I like the effects in it too. The smoke effects look great, especially for that time.

Is there a multiplayer community for Force Commander? I'm thinking about buying it from the Lucasarts store when they start selling it again in Feburary and would like to know.

I haven't heard of a community for Focom in ages. I think most people couldn't get over the controls.. :p

I had a lot of fun with that game - I'd get a whole load of artillery and just start shelling things from halfway across the map. It was awesome. :D

PoiuyWired 08-02-2006 03:26 PM

E@W.

Failing that GB. Its good and solid, with decent story lines, and inteesting easter eggs.

Sir Phobos 05-24-2007 02:36 AM

Rebellion. It's been a while since I played it but when I did I was a complete junky. I've played alot of RTS games but Rebellion was the only one that got me REALLY hooked.

swaaye 11-01-2008 05:02 AM

Rebellion. No contest, IMO. It's Expanded Universe. The guys who made this game were obviously SW nerds who also liked strategy and tactics. I really dug the game's interesting take on turn-based vs. real-time. It has so much detail, so many ways to accomplish things. It's certainly not perfect and could use various overhauls/reworkings, but of all of the SW "RTS" games, it takes the cake. It has a scary learning curve though, that's for sure. This game is no C&C/Starcraft/AoE clone. It's more Master of Orion meets realtime...or something. It's plain different.

FoCom was kinda a wreck and foretold the future fall of LucasArts from being able to make good games. I followed the development of that one for years, watched it turn from a top-down 2D RTS into an "exciting" fully 3D version and then watched the awful final version bomb completely. The only redeeming quality of this game is its strange soundtrack. ;)

SWGB was just goofy. I haven't played it much because it reminded me too much of Age of Empires and I don't particularly like that series. Darth Vader running around some battlefield lightsabering folks was also too corny for me to deal with lol.

Empire at War is a combination of completely awful ground combat, interesting but extremely limited space combat, and a super simplistic strategic Rebellion-wannabe campaign. The game is only good for its multiplayer space combat, I'd say, because it is so easy to jump into (simple/effective/quick).

xgmx 01-27-2009 11:50 AM

Force Commander is definitely my favorite.

Landmaster13 08-03-2011 02:31 AM

It'll always be SWGB for me. I adored the easy to use map maker!