LucasForums

LucasForums (http://www.lucasforums.com/index.php)
-   Club Obi Wan (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   New Indy Movie (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=150299)

Aristotle 07-31-2005 08:40 AM

New Indy Movie

Anyone have any solid details on the new movie? Can't wait to start hearing more about what George has planned.

Sivy 08-02-2005 12:49 PM

the latest thing i've heard is GL finally approved a script for it. then it was passed on to Harrison Ford to see whether he is happy with it. that was a few weeks back and i haven't heard or read anything else, so i assume Harrison was happy with it.

Katarn07 08-04-2005 12:19 AM

This just in ;)

I've been following this movie intently for quite some time now. Definately over a year. Around the release of the DVDs I think. Wasn't that Oct 2003 or so? I remember hearing rumors of this movie back in the mid '90s and it's amazing it's yet to come. It'll be quite a thing when it finally does arrive. I hope it's as good as ToD at the very least.

The_Maker 08-04-2005 01:24 AM

Indeed this will be interesting, but I don't quite understand something... if Indiana Drank water from the Cup of eternal life, doesn't that mean that hes more or less un-touchable and can do whatever he pleases?
0.o

ChAiNz.2da 08-05-2005 11:46 PM

If you remember though, the immortality was limited to the boundaries of the temple... ergo: "Don't cross the seal"...so now he's just a 'normal' super-adventurer ;)

@Lion54 (below)
yah, these forum colors aren't very forgiving with dark transparencies... or sig colors :xp:

Bob Lion54 08-06-2005 08:05 AM

^^^^^
What he said. (dude, your avatar REALLY, stands out here)

Anyway, IMDB still has the movie as announced. The only actor listed is Harrison Ford, and Spielberg as the director.

I could have sworn I heard from a confirmed source that Sean Connery was going to reprise his role. I really hope he does, but according to Katarn07's link, it's not looking good.

Ah, well.

Edit: I didn't even notice you're sig untill just now. It dissapeared!

Katarn07 08-08-2005 02:09 PM

I don't want Connery to be in it. I also don't want any of the same women in it. There was a confirmation Kate Capshaw would be in it. If any of the women were to return, it should most definately be Marion. I could go either way with Sallah. I love the character, but I could do without him if it makes the movie different. Definately could do without Shorty. Also I want to see Marcus's infamous museum and some sorta reference/ tribute to the guy.

These sound like pretty big demands, but the reason I feel this way is I fear if all this stuff from the other movies appear, the movie won't feel as original as the other three are. ToD was great, despite what many feel. It was so different from the original and I feel in a good way. LC is so well loved not just for Connery, but it was a return to the classic Indy we saw in RotLA. Christian artifact, Nazis, deserts, him being a professor at the college, Sallah, Marcus etc.

Aristotle 08-14-2005 11:08 AM

I like Conery. He added a nice flare of humor for me. I agree it would be good to see some new female faces though.

Renderking Fisk 08-17-2005 06:03 PM

- First Post -

I've been waiting for this flick since 1989. There have been times when I felt that we were close, only to have the floor drop out from under us. If it's not going to be made right and return us to the standards of "Raiders..." or at least have a good story, then I hope they don't bother.

Aristotle 08-17-2005 06:07 PM

Welcome to the forums Renderking

Renderking Fisk 08-17-2005 06:13 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome, that's a really cool Avatar.

Katarn07 08-19-2005 12:32 AM

Oh my God, if it isn't Renderking Fisk himself. I'm not sure you remember me, but I visited the Raven once in a while. Lao Che was my first av, I changed it to Deitrich because Nazis are so much cooler than Asian Mobsters :p. Wasn't an active community member or anything, just posted about collecting, video games, and the occasional Indy 4 rumor. What ever happened to that place? The Raider and Raven just disappeared one day :confused:

And don't get me wrong, Connery is awesome. I don't know him as Bond, I know him as Indy's dad. I just want something different than what they've done and for it to be good.

the-obiwan 08-19-2005 02:17 PM

well i just canīt wait for the new movie ^_^

danny8709 03-01-2006 11:26 PM

wholy moly marcus died of aids

Darth Reign 11-04-2006 10:09 AM

This might be old news. Harrison was on Ellen a few weeks back. She questioned him about Indiana Jones. He said everyone was working on the script. The eposide felt very recent. Crossing fingers.

Diego Varen 11-04-2006 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Reign
This might be old news. Harrison was on Ellen a few weeks back. She questioned him about Indiana Jones. He said everyone was working on the script. The eposide felt very recent. Crossing fingers.

Welcome to the Forums Darth Reign. Yeah, Marcus' actor did die of AIDS in 1992, the year I was born in. Shame, since he was very funny in The Last Crusade. I hope Lucas doesn't recast him, since I think we should leave his character to rest in peace. Oh and Connery is good in Bond too.

Darth Reign 11-05-2006 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pottsie
Welcome to the Forums Darth Reign. Yeah, Marcus' actor did die of AIDS in 1992, the year I was born in. Shame, since he was very funny in The Last Crusade. I hope Lucas doesn't recast him, since I think we should leave his character to rest in peace. Oh and Connery is good in Bond too.

That is a shame. I really liked the actor. Too bad. I would have like to have seen him in Indiana 4.

Commander Obi-Wan 11-05-2006 09:26 PM

I would doubt that they would re-created Marcus. Though, according to IMDb, Natalie Portman may be in it. :naughty: I hope they do start the filming and get it done. And making it a decent film in the process.

Darth Reign 11-08-2006 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Commander Obi-Wan
I would doubt that they would re-created Marcus. Though, according to IMDb, Natalie Portman may be in it. :naughty: I hope they do start the filming and get it done. And making it a decent film in the process.

Ford is not getting younger. I read a rumor that the story will be around Indy's brother. I am unsure if it is true.

Commander Obi-Wan 11-09-2006 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Reign
Ford is not getting younger. I read a rumor that the story will be around Indy's brother. I am unsure if it is true.

I hope not. I'd prefer it generalized around Indy, himself. But, only time will tell.

Lomall 11-11-2006 08:33 PM

Don't get your hopes up about this movie. As much I would love to see Indy in action one more time it seems it may be stuck in the mud again.

Frank Darabont is writing the script. He recently said that Steven Spielberg loved his script but George Lucas said no.

http://www.imdb.com/news/sb/2006-11-08

Darth Reign 11-11-2006 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lomall
Don't get your hopes up about this movie. As much I would love to see Indy in action one more time it seems it may be stuck in the mud again.

Frank Darabont is writing the script. He recently said that Steven Spielberg loved his script but George Lucas said no.

http://www.imdb.com/news/sb/2006-11-08

What? Someone made a better script than George could come up with? George the man, what are you thinking?

Char Ell 01-02-2007 09:25 PM

LucasFilm has officially announced the next Indiana Jones movie will start production in June of this year and is expected to be released in theaters in May 2008. Spielberg is directing, Frank Marshall is producing, and George Lucas will be an executive producer. And of course Harrison Ford is returning as well. ;)

The movie's script is being furnished by David Koepp.

The World's Favorite Action Hero is Back! Indiana Jones to Start Production in 2007

Diego Varen 01-03-2007 03:38 AM

That's great news cutmeister. I'm looking foward to the movie. Let's hope Lucas doesn't do anything to make it worse than the previous three movies. Yes, I was one of those people who preferred Temple of Doom to the Raiders of the Lost Art. Last Crusade beats them both though.

urluckyday 01-03-2007 07:14 PM

...This really has nothing to do with the movie, but this is a great thread...just because it starts a year and a half ago...but yes, this is grand news...unfortunately...(as I just read)...Marcus will not be joining the crew again...which is actually really sad...but overall...good news...

Commander Obi-Wan 01-03-2007 07:36 PM

I hope they don't **** it up. I love the previous 3 Indy movies. I hope it works out.

HappyMojo 01-08-2007 01:45 AM

As long Harrison Ford keeps the joyful expression when he rams a nazi with a truck - then it can't go all wrong (unless it's like Indiana Jones 2 - my God that one suxd).
And it would be great to have Connery in the movie aswell. - just my five cent's - :)

urluckyday 01-08-2007 06:30 PM

hey, you know, indy 2 wasn't really that bad. I think just the fact that it had Willie, and no Nazis may have made it seem not quite as good, but I still think it is a great Indy movie...don't be a hater!

HappyMojo 01-09-2007 07:29 AM

It's not the movie itself - It's just the endless screaming from the girl :)
Still, the Kali Maaaar scene was pretty cool.

DeadYorick 04-27-2007 04:43 PM

I actualy liked Indy 2. It is one of my favorite movies. Mainly because Indy goes insane and the only way to turn him back is to put fire on him. Or when he cuts the bridge and they all fall.

Anyway the sequel should be good. We might have another Rocky Balboa on our hands and reserect another good movie. But modernise it to turn it into a moderate movie

urluckyday 05-16-2007 11:37 PM

Wait...you thought Rocky Balboa was good? uh...*slowly slides away*...

indianajonesfan 07-13-2007 02:34 PM

i want conery 2 be in it. i actually saw him walking down the street last summer

darkjedimonkey 07-19-2007 04:34 PM

the dude from transformers is supposed to be playing his son. i think his name is shia lebeouf. i hope sean connery will be good in it

it comes out may 8 2008

Gabez 07-28-2007 02:16 PM

It's May 22nd, according to imdb.com. Or are they wrong?

It's the American Memorial Day anyway, whenever that is.

And yeah, can't wait for the film.

Commander Obi-Wan 07-28-2007 02:33 PM

Karen Allen has been confirmed to appear in the upcoming Indiana Jones 4 movie.

http://movies.ign.com/articles/808/808848p1.html

And according to this, it's coming out on Memorial Day.

And yeah, I can't wait either.

itchythesamurai 07-29-2007 12:22 PM

Anyone know whether or not there are going to be Nazis in Indy 4? Since he's older and the film's supposed to be down the time line a little, wouldn't they be a bit anachronistic?

darkjedimonkey 08-13-2007 05:18 PM

i think the nazis arent in it
it looks more or less in the short video clips like
russians or cubans

Diego Varen 08-13-2007 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkjedimonkey
i think the nazis arent in it
i looks more or less in the short video clips like
russians or cubans

Well if the film is set in the 1950's, the Nazis won't be in it. If it is set in the late thirties and early fourties, there will be Nazis.

darkjedimonkey 08-15-2007 10:50 PM

well his last film was during the nazi period so if he has a maybe 20 or 21 yr old son which should be the age range of the charater lebouf is playing then it should be in the 50's or 60's

urluckyday 08-16-2007 01:27 AM

It's probably going to be...they said that they're not going to try and downplay Harisson's age, so that probably means moving the story along to the evil Russians instead (sorry to any Russians we might have on here...).