LucasForums

LucasForums (http://www.lucasforums.com/index.php)
-   The Cantina (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=444)
-   -   Star Wars TV Series News [spoiler tags] (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=153601)

Windu Chi 12-31-2004 09:36 AM

Star Wars TV Series News [spoiler tags]

What do you very strong Star Wars fans out there think of a

Knights of the Old Republic tv series? The reason I ask because I

believe extreme Star Wars fans had always wanted a Star Wars

tv series. Well since Episode 3:Revenge of the Sith is supposably

to be the last film as George Lucas claim, why not have a tv

series.:cool:

coupes. 12-31-2004 10:42 AM

Actually, I think there's already some plans about a Star Wars TV series after RotS. The series wouldn't be about KotOR neither would it be set in the KotOR time frame, I beleive the series would cover events happening between episodes III and IV.

Lynk Former 12-31-2004 07:27 PM

I've been hearing that Mark Hammil will be making short appearances in this new TV series from time to time as Luke Skywalker.... so it doesn't look like a KOTOR TV series...

El Sitherino 12-31-2004 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Lynk Former
I've been hearing that Mark Hammil will be making short appearances in this new TV series from time to time as Luke Skywalker.... so it doesn't look like a KOTOR TV series...
unless Luke has harnessed time travel. But it's doubtful.

Lynk Former 12-31-2004 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by InsaneSith
unless Luke has harnessed time travel. But it's doubtful.
Maybe it's Knight of the New Republic ;)

Evil Dark Jedi 12-31-2004 09:13 PM

Well if it is coming Luke would be old now. So it would probably be set 30+ years after the destruction of the second death star.

EDJ

Boba Rhett 12-31-2004 09:18 PM

Re: Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic tv series?

Quote:

Originally posted by windu6
I believe extreme Star Wars fans had always wanted a Star Wars tv series.

Actually I'd say the majority of them hate the idea.

El Sitherino 12-31-2004 09:46 PM

nah, we just want a good successful tv series. :p

Revan Solo 01-01-2005 12:07 AM

It must be on TV in Europe,too!

Prime 01-01-2005 09:00 AM

We want an awesome series, not a ****ty series. :)

Rogue Nine 01-01-2005 09:11 AM

Well then, we'll have to keep George Lucas away from production of this series, won't we? :/

El Sitherino 01-02-2005 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Rogue Nine
Well then, we'll have to keep George Lucas away from production of this series, won't we? :/
or atleast keep his kids from telling him things they think would be good for the series.

Prime 01-02-2005 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Rogue Nine
No, just out of the director's chair.

Pho3nix 01-02-2005 11:45 PM

It wouldn't actually matter for me. They would never show it in Finland.

Sabretooth 01-03-2005 05:27 AM

KOTOR the TV series will probably end in 10-15 days if extended. A 3-hour movie would do the job better, but summarized. What SW needs is innovation. Something new. I mean, we've seen it all, Jedi, Sith, Empire, Scum, Swoops, Speeders, Ships, Lasers etc. SW needs something new, some twist...

I'll roast anyone who mentions Yuuzhan Vong

Lynk Former 01-03-2005 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Sabretooth
I'll roast anyone who mentions Yuuzhan Vong
Not good enough. I'm making it a bannable offense :evil2:

DarthD 01-05-2005 06:44 PM

What about a Tv show talking about the very start when they got the hyperdrive?

Soromonu 01-05-2005 08:55 PM

Hollywood is definately suffering from a lack of creativity -
if SW went to the small screen it might acually be a good series
but it's risky despite the huge fan base
any1 remember the old (and short lived) Indiana Jones tv show?

Lynk Former 01-05-2005 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by DarthD
What about a Tv show talking about the very start when they got the hyperdrive?
It'd be like Star Trek Enterprise.

El Sitherino 01-06-2005 04:51 AM

Quote:

talk about all time bad moves. That show is horrid.

Prime 01-07-2005 05:39 AM

Quote:

I'd like to be on the Death Star on Star Trek Enterprise.

"You may fire when ready."

:D

Revan Solo 01-07-2005 10:21 PM

They should make their series after Episode VI.
It would be good with Thrawn, I think. I read this book Heir to the Empire, and I found it good.

Jinni Tsurugi 01-11-2005 11:10 AM

Hey, what channel is it on?

Revan Solo 01-12-2005 02:14 AM

It isn't on TV so far, even that no one began to produce it. We are only thinking of a possible show.

TheOutrider 01-18-2005 05:57 PM

I guess it would make an ok T.V. series.

dark jedi 8 02-15-2005 02:03 PM

i heard it's a post ep.3 show of vader or fett? i think a post ep.3 show of vader hunting down the jedi would be cool and Luke could fit in their as the story teller. ya know, recounting tales of his father's adventures whenever he finds out about them. shouldn't require too much eye candy and could be more set on story. just a thought.:)

Darth Smaug 02-19-2005 02:50 AM

it would be cool if we see the time where Revan was a Sith on the tv series if they where on tv :D

guybroom 02-23-2005 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Prime
I'd like to be on the Death Star on Star Trek Enterprise.

"You may fire when ready."

:D

Have a look at this:

Enterprise VS Death Star

Also, I think that the TV series would be ok. It depends if they do it like the clone wars or with actors.

I have not seen the Clone Wars so I dont really know what it was like but ive heard good reviews.

Quote:

Luke could fit in their as the story teller. ya know, recounting tales of his father's adventures whenever he finds out about them. shouldn't require too much eye candy and could be more set on story. just a thought.
I can see it now -

Luke on the Acadamy on Yavin IV in his rocking chair and a pipe to smoke. The droids are sitting on the floor by the fire place and R2 interups every now and then to ask a question to Luke.

It would be so nice to watch.

Or we could watch paint dry. Which ever you feel like.

Quote:

Not good enough. I'm making it a bannable offense
I'm not too sure what the Yuuzhan Vong are/is/were but what the hell

Yuuzhan Vong

should I start running now???

neon01 02-25-2005 03:43 PM

A Star Wars TV Series would be awesome, I wouldn't miss an episode :)

guybroom 02-26-2005 11:05 AM

haven't they already made a TV show - there was the Ewok cartoons, the Droids and the Clone Wars.

are we talking about the type with actors as aposed to the animated type we've had uptil now?

Vikinor 02-26-2005 11:22 AM

Yea I watched the TV show it was an animated sereis. And I think it was taking place between EpisodeII and EpisodeIII. I think that they should make a TV/movie of what happend after ALL of the movies so they can clear all that EU stuff up like if Bobba really came back or not. And also if Luke gets married to that Mara person and stuff.

guybroom 02-26-2005 02:03 PM

I think the show should be thousands of years after the EU ever reaches.

It says "a long time ago in a galaxy far far away" so lets see the not so long ago in a galaxy far far away. Let's see what happens three or four thousand years after the films.

I dont know when the EU is up too but there has to be a time that they havn't got up to yet.

Vikinor 02-26-2005 02:23 PM

Well then I guess they should make ANOTHER 3 movies. One after all the original movies explaining what really happened like what I said about the EU. Then one that is set on the generations of Luke's son and Han and Leia's children. And then the one thousands of years later. Such a good idea right?:p

Dak Vesser 02-26-2005 07:41 PM

I for one think that there should be a show based on the Hyper Space wars. I would really be into that.

Now the question is what network? FOX or UPN? Hopefully not NBC

Vikinor 02-26-2005 08:03 PM

What are the Hyper space wars? And none of those networks FOX has too many shows and nobody watches UPN and NBC is just plain boring. I will go with FOX though because they are somewhat involved with the movies.

Sabretooth 02-27-2005 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by VikingLarz
What are the Hyper space wars?
Dunno much, but I know that they were fought thousands of years ago and after the wars, the Republic was formed as a galactic trading company.

guybroom 02-27-2005 08:14 AM

I'm not sure what they were. I think they were a bit before KOTOR when the Sith and Republic were fighting. More than that I don;t know

Vikinor 02-27-2005 11:13 AM

So who were the Repubublic trading with?

Dak Vesser 02-28-2005 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Sabretooth
Dunno much, but I know that they were fought thousands of years ago and after the wars, the Republic was formed as a galactic trading company.
Now that's what I'm talking about!:D No one knows much about that period of time in the Galaxy and would be the perfect place to start comming up with new stuff like stories, Heros, Tyrants, Ships, Romance, what did Lightsabers look like, what was the Jedi Order all about, and where was the Council located if Corasant wasn't yet discovered. And also, what was the "True Sithari" before the Sith was actually just and Ideal?

Yes a good TY show would indeed be a good way to motivate story writers and George Lucas him self to start writing back-stories and chronicles, and the episodes of the HyperSpace wars that would begin every friday night at 9:00 PM on channel... whatever. :cool:

Sivy 02-28-2005 02:30 AM

kevin smith and mark hamil are making a star wars TV series.
which means it's likely to be set after ROTJ.

it is also very likely that it will contradict a lot of the EU