||04-21-2007 10:35 AM
Phoenix RisingPhoenix Rising
is a partial conversion for Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption
. After more than eight months of development, I'm proud to finally announce we are ready for our first release.
If you haven't heard of us before, the goal of our mod is to provide a unique strategic experience within the Galaxy. To that end, we have developed an asynchronous tech tree. Not only will you be tested tactically, you will also be pressed to keep up in the technological race that characterizes war. From our About
If you had the power to stop tyranny, would you? Or would you crush those who threaten the peace? Phoenix Rising brings you to the waning days of the Galactic Republic and gives you that choice. Help the Galactic Empire to bring order to the galaxy, or aid the Alliance to Restore the Republic in its struggle for freedom.
Command your armies and navies in an accurate and captivating depiction of battle. Highly technical readouts allow for instantaneous ascertainment of individual unit strengths and weaknesses in eight statistical categories. Deploy your forces where they are most advantageous to excel in combat.
But to win the war, you must master not only strategy, but technology. Direct the greatest minds of a generation to propel your war effort forward by researching innovative new designs, or by improving old ones. The asynchronous tech tree allows you to choose in which areas you would like to specialize without forcing the research of all.
You decide how the galaxy will emerge from the ashes of the Clone Wars.
The Phoenix Rising Starfighter Mini-Mod
will be available to download for public testing at midnight GMT-5 on Monday, April 23, 2007. As the name implies, this version will include the asynchronous tech tree fully implemented for fighters and bombers. However, as all the elements of space combat from the final version are already in place, this will essentially be a mini-mod in name only. Here is the final tech tree and ship list for the Mini-Mod:
- Fighter: Z-95 Headhunter ― T-65 X-wing ― R-22 Spearhead / RZ-1 A-wing ― E-wing
- Bomber: BTL Y-wing ― B-wing ― BTL K-wing
- Transport: Barloz-class Medium Freighter ― Gamma-class ATR Assault Transport
- Freighter: GR-75 Medium Transport
- Corvette: CR90 Corvette ― DP20 Gunship
- Frigate: EF Nebulon-B Escort Frigate ― CC-9600 Frigate
- Cruiser: Dreadnaught-class Heavy Cruiser ― CC-7700 Frigate ― Dodonna-class Assault Frigate
- Battleship: Republic-class Star Destroyer
- Capital: Liberty-class MC80 Star Cruiser
- Dreadnought: Independence-class MC120 Star Cruiser
- Fighter: T.I.E. Starfighter / TIE Fighter ― TIE Advanced x1 / TIE Advanced x2 / TIE Avenger ― TIE Advanced x3 / TIE Interceptor ― TIE Advanced x7 / TIE Defender ― XM Nova Wing
- Bomber: TIE Targeter / TIE Bomber ― Alpha-class Xg Star Wing
- Transport: Lambda-class T-4 Shuttle ― GAT-12 Skipray Blastboat ― Sentinel-class Landing Craft ― Gamma-class ATR Assault Transport
- Freighter: Action IV Transport
- Corvette: IPV System Patrol Craft ― CR90 Corvette
- Frigate: Carrack-class Light Cruiser ― EF Nebulon-B Escort Frigate
- Cruiser: Acclamator-class Assault Ship ― Dreadnaught-class Heavy Cruiser ― Immobilizer 418 Cruiser
- Battleship: Victory-class Star Destroyer ― Venator-class Star Destroyer
- Capital: Imperial-class Star Destroyer
- Dreadnought: Eclipse-class Star Dreadnought
And the hero list with descriptions:
- Ackbar - fleet commander, Independence-class combat bonus, B-wing research price reduction. Pilots a B-wing if caught in space combat without capital ships.
- Bail Organa - CR90 combat bonus, price reduction, stealth, spy.
- C-3PO - land hero, stealth, spy.
- Chewbacca - land hero, stealth, smuggler. Co-pilots the Falcon in space combat.
- Garm Bel Iblis - land hero, field commander, fleet commander, Dreadnaught-class combat bonus. Pilots Gargantuan in land combat.
- Han Solo - land hero, stealth, smuggler. Pilots the Falcon in space combat.
- Jan Dodonna - Republic-class combat bonus, find weakness versus dreadnoughts, A-wing research price reduction.
- Kyle Katarn - land hero, stealth, assassin. Pilots the Crow in space combat.
- Leia Organa - fleet commander, hero combat bonus.
- Luke Skywalker - land hero, wing commander. Pilots X-wing in space combat.
- Mon Mothma - field commander, fleet commander, build time reduction.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi - land hero, stealth. Pilots V-wing in space combat.
- R2-D2 - land hero, stealth, spy.
- Wedge Antilles - wing commander, X-wing combat bonus. Pilots X-wing in space combat.
- Yoda - land hero.
- Bast - fleet commander, find weakness versus starfighters.
- Boba Fett - land hero, stealth, assassin. Pilots Slave I in space combat.
- Cronal (Blackhole) - stealth, spy.
- Darth Vader - land hero, wing commander. Pilots TIE Avenger in space combat.
- Firmus Piett - fleet commander, Imperial-class combat bonus.
- Maarek Stele - wing commander. Pilots XM Nova Wing in space combat.
- Mara Jade - land hero, stealth, assassin. Pilots Z-95 in space combat.
- Maximilian Veers - land hero. Pilots AT-AT in land combat.
- Palpatine - land hero, field commander, fleet commander, build time reduction.
- Rom Mohc - land hero, field commander, droid combat bonus. Commands Arc Hammer in space combat.
- Sate Pestage - land hero, price reduction.
- Soontir Fel - wing commander, TIE Interceptor combat bonus. Pilots TIE Interceptor in space combat.
- Thrawn (Mitth'raw'nuruodo) - fleet commander, Dreadnaught-class combat bonus, find weakness versus capitals, XM Nova Wing research price reduction, spy.
- Wilhuff Tarkin - fleet commander, unable to retreat.
If you haven't done so already, now would be a good time to register at our Forums
, as that is where bug submission will take place. There will also be a forum release party starting two hours before the release, so be there if you can! Hope to see you all on the 23rd!