LucasForums

LucasForums (http://www.lucasforums.com/index.php)
-   Yoda’s Swamp (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   Very bad things! *keep it clean!* (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=178712)

jebbers 05-24-2007 06:03 PM

Very bad things! *keep it clean!*

Well as you may have guessed by the title this thread is about the crappy, bad, or mundane things that happened to you. Blantantly ripped off of Darth Groovys' thread!

I've just had my first car accident! By myself! The speed limit on the highway was 65mph, I getting off at an exit and had slowed the truck down to 45mph and shifted out of 4th gear into neutral. One foot one the clutch and one on the break and I guess I got onto the shoulder and hit loose gravel. I fish-tailed right and then left and then right again. I had the clutch all the way in and the brakes were almost to the floor. I had turned the opposite way of all the fish-tails and got the truck straight, but not the way I wanted to be. I hit a guard rail head-on at 45mph! My shoulder hurts real bad from the seat belt. I called my brother and told him what I had done to his truck. He wasn't too happy to hear it. The only damage to the truck was the bumper was pushed in a little, the grill was a little cracked, and the liscense plate is smashed up.

DarthAve 05-24-2007 06:18 PM

One of my best friends is moving to Florida, like tomarrow. D:

Mace MacLeod 05-24-2007 06:30 PM

I'm sick as a dog, I'm working nights while trying desperately to find a good, cheap place to live by June 1, my dad's just had a stroke, my aunt died a month and a half ago, my mom's falling apart like a Chinese motorcycle and my wife and daughter are on the other side of the planet. Beat that.

Samuel Dravis 05-24-2007 06:30 PM

That's called having a bad day, Jebbers. :p Glad you're okay though.

I had thought this thread was going to have a superhires pic of that nasty potato. Man, that is gross. :D

RoxStar 05-24-2007 06:58 PM

the month of May ****ing blows

DarthAve 05-24-2007 08:20 PM

Hmm...what else kinda sucks...

I got rejected..twice in the school year by guys I really liked. But it's all good cause I was invited to a party today!

RoxStar 05-24-2007 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chase Windu
RoxStar said the month I was born in blows.:(

Haha...kidding. It is a pretty slow month.:p But this this year Spider-Man 3, Shrek 3 and POTC 3 open so I guess you could go see those to try to ease your pain.

Mainly it's that i've had a relative die in May for like 9 years straight. Plus May is the month of my diagnosis with diabetes.

So far, nothing yet. *crosses fingers*

Jeff 05-25-2007 12:33 AM

I'll never go to high school again.

Oh wait, wrong thread! :p I'm sure I'll look back upon my high school days and wish I could relive them in the future though. They were fun times.

BongoBob 05-25-2007 01:47 AM

My DS broke today, and lord knows when I'll be able to afford a new one.
It still works, but one of the hinges snapped, so I have to be extremely careful with it as it's only held on the left side now : \

Jeff 05-25-2007 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BongoBob
My DS broke today, and lord knows when I'll be able to afford a new one.
It still works, but one of the hinges snapped, so I have to be extremely careful with it as it's only held on the left side now : \

Will Nintendo not fix this? I remember the lady tried to get me to buy the warranty when I bought my ds and she said the hinges break a lot but I figured if they did I could just send it to Nintendo, since I wasted my money on the warranty for my Wii when it broke and I just sent it to Nintendo.

MrWally 05-25-2007 04:12 AM

Nothing.

My life is perfect.

:p

Hermie 05-25-2007 05:06 AM

Title: Another crappy day

Dear LJ, this day totally sucked. My parents still doesn't understand me, and all those stupid jerks at school keeps bullying me to make up for their tiny penises. I wish they would all go and die. :'(

Listening to: My Chemical Romance - I will die alone

BongoBob 05-25-2007 10:33 AM

Hermies, that is the best post I've seen in a while :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Moeller
Will Nintendo not fix this? I remember the lady tried to get me to buy the warranty when I bought my ds and she said the hinges break a lot but I figured if they did I could just send it to Nintendo, since I wasted my money on the warranty for my Wii when it broke and I just sent it to Nintendo.

Mine is the original DS from when they first came out. Warranty expired a while ago, or else I would be sending it in to nintendo.

JKLE_Cougar 05-25-2007 11:13 PM

http://www.consoleclassix.com/info_i...creenShot1.jpg

TiE23 05-26-2007 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BongoBob
Hermies, that is the best post I've seen in a while :D

Mine is the original DS from when they first came out. Warranty expired a while ago, or else I would be sending it in to nintendo.

Duct tape that mother****er together, sure it'll be stuck open but hell, it'll still be playable.

Joetheeskimo 05-26-2007 11:33 PM

Yoda Stories was one of the first games I ever played and probably what got me addicted to computers in general. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth_Ave
Hmm...what else kinda sucks...

I got rejected..twice in the school year by guys I really liked. But it's all good cause I was invited to a party today!

You're a girl?! Wow...I am out of the loop.

DarthAve 05-26-2007 11:42 PM

What made you think I'm a girl? Maybe I'm just gay.

Joetheeskimo 05-26-2007 11:47 PM

Quote:

Good point.

Det. Bart Lasiter 05-27-2007 01:19 AM

I'm still not sure.

Seph 05-27-2007 01:22 AM

We live in SD so we got destroyed by rain, mine wasn't so bad but my friend Josh's house got condemed and was deemed uninhabitable so he had to move out and he only has 5 days(at the time so now it's like 1) to find a new place to live before the hotel is not paid for anymore so yea it's pretty bad here

GonkH8er 05-27-2007 02:29 AM

Quote:

Can we get some closure on this? :)

BongoBob 05-27-2007 04:42 AM

I think I hear the Party Van comin...

TiE23 05-27-2007 04:58 AM

Here comes the Sharpie on the skin... "Wut up /ys/? - 5/27/07"

IG-64 05-27-2007 05:38 AM

I found out I was victim of identity theft today! D:

$180 from my checking account spent on some pay-per-view boxing match or something. Had to call up the bank and get a new card and file a claim and everything. :/

The $180 is getting refunded... along with the $20 overdraft fee.

Dagobahn Eagle 05-27-2007 09:47 AM

Very bad thing: LucasForums gone LiveJournal [nudges Herminator:p] :(.

Datheus 05-27-2007 11:29 AM

I have two jobs and still can't pay my rent with my own money. Oh, and I'm 25,000 dollars in the red.

Wow I hope this college thing is a good investment. Otherwise I think I've set myself up for a lustrous career in panhandling.

Rogue15 05-27-2007 11:35 AM

no towels to be found in the apartment and i had to take a shower. so i ended up having to dry myself off with a bed sheet. the next thing i know we'll be out of toilet paper...it is running a little low.

Heavyarms 05-27-2007 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogue15
no towels to be found in the apartment and i had to take a shower. so i ended up having to dry myself off with a bed sheet. the next thing i know we'll be out of toilet paper...it is running a little low.

Go buy some :P

As for my very bad things, I got one.

First, I got accused of stalking after trying to do a good thing. I was good friends with this girl, and she was having some trouble with roommates, boys, that good stuff. So being a good friend, I got her to see something in her boyfriend and she was all in love again. I found out one day she was having trouble and I thought I should go and visit her, try to make her feel better and all. I read in her away message that she was at a library, so I was going to see her when I got cold feet and decided not to, and I saw her coming so I slipped out of the way. I then emerged from where I was hiding and she was right there (duh). So, I walked her back and talked to her, and then a few days later I tried to talk to her and I was having trouble with another girl (me+women= big mess) and I wanted to talk to her, being my friend. She said no, and that she couldn't ever, so I got pissed and stopped talking to her. Then, I asked her what was going on, and she stopped talking to me. Tried to ask her boyfriend via IMs, and he told me to leave them alone and blocked me. She didn't block me but wouldn't respond, so I left her messages. I finally got a response from a third guy telling me to leave her alone and he wouldn't talk to me or tell me why. When I tried to talk to him again, he blocked me from IMing him, and I got the impression I was stalking her. She eventually did block me too.

A week or so later I wrote her an IM, telling her how I felt, and it was pretty nasty-looking. I then sent her a second, saying I'd give her another chance to talk to me, and if she was afraid of me she could bring whoever, tie my hands, just so we could talk like civil people. Never got a response.

Been 18 months. Haven't heard or seen her again. For the best I think, although I'm going to go back to the chiropractor cuz my back's hurting and her mother works there :S

TiE23 05-27-2007 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heavyarms
me+women= big mess

That was why Rouge15 was out of towels I bet. :xp:

Anyway, sorry to hear about that. I personally would have just sent a message like this: "Oh, you think I'm stalking you huh? I just realized I was acting like a stalker but my behavior wasn't obsessive and was in good intentions because I just wanted to help you out like I did before. Blah blah blah..."

Tyrion 05-27-2007 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TiE23
That was why Rouge15 was out of towels I bet. :xp:

Anyway, sorry to hear about that. I personally would have just sent a message like this: "Oh, you think I'm stalking you huh? I just realized I was acting like a stalker but my behavior wasn't obsessive and was in good intentions because I just wanted to help you out like I did before. Blah blah blah..."

I would've just sent her the lyrics to Every Breath You Take, but that's because I'm a bastard at heart.

RoxStar 05-27-2007 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IG-64
I found out I was victim of identity theft today! D:

$180 from my checking account spent on some pay-per-view boxing match or something. Had to call up the bank and get a new card and file a claim and everything. :/

The $180 is getting refunded... along with the $20 overdraft fee.

At least they refunded your money!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyrion
I would've just sent her the lyrics to Every Breath You Take, but that's because I'm a bastard at heart.

Hook up a recording and loop it outside her door :D

DarthAve 05-27-2007 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GonkH8er
Can we get some closure on this? :)

Well, I am a fan of broadway....

I'm a girl. For real. I wear a lot of skirts, I don't really like dirt and stuff, I freaked out when there was a mouse in my room 2 years ago, and I cry every time I see the end of the episode of futurama when Fry find Seymour, his old dog.

That episode is a very bad thing, so sad. D:

BongoBob 05-27-2007 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyrion

Mother-f***ing BRILLIANT!

coupes. 05-27-2007 08:40 PM

I caught two robbers in my house last week... :/

DarthAve 05-27-2007 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coupes.
I caught two robbers in my house last week... :/

Please tell me you chased them out with a lightsaber.

Because that would be so awesome.

Robber-~stealstealsteal~
Coupes-~turns on lightsaber~ AAAAAA!!!
Robber-Oh sh*t!! ~runs~

Tyrion 05-27-2007 10:03 PM

Quote:

Please tell me you chased them out with a lightsaber.

Because that would be so awesome.

Robber-~stealstealsteal~
Coupes-~turns on lightsaber~ AAAAAA!!!
Robber-Oh sh*t!! ~runs~

Somehow, I imagine the Robber's line would be less "oh ****" and more "bang".

You could try and deflect the bullet I guess, but unfortunately plastic tends to disintegrates materials not nearly as well as pure energy.

Det. Bart Lasiter 05-27-2007 10:46 PM

Ave is on the drugs.

ZBomber 05-27-2007 11:14 PM

I'm dropping acid next weekend.

Wait, thats a GOOD thing...

MrWally 05-27-2007 11:15 PM

Very good thing: My Brother got a great deal from his professor a few months back for a new car.

Very bad thing: The car broke down weeks later, and was completely unusable.

Very good thing: He then won first place in a film festival for his piece "Crown of the Forest" which covered some of the money lost in the car.

Very good thing: My brother bought a new Intel Core 2 Duo MacBook Pro. Cost? $1500.

Very bad thing: He had it stolen a week after he got it.

Very good thing: His script was then chosen for the BIOLA University School film next year. Prize money? $1500. New laptop anyone?

Very VERY good thing: Then he learned his insurance covered the theft of his lappy almost completely. :D

Joetheeskimo 05-27-2007 11:20 PM

Wow...your brother has a crazy life.