LucasForums

LucasForums (http://www.lucasforums.com/index.php)
-   Feedback (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=584)
-   -   Lucasforum mods' hypocrisy proven! (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=184315)

Jediphile 12-11-2007 12:41 PM

Lucasforum mods' hypocrisy proven!
 
Much as I disagree with him, I can well understand Sephira's position.

Because the mods on these boards ARE hypocrites!

Twice now, I've posted to this topic since yesterday. And twice now my posts have been deleted.

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthrea...6&page=3&pp=40

Now, I'll accept it the first time to some degree, since I (1) did not add to the discussion and (2) forgot to include a smiley as a carte blache to say whatever I please.

The reason behind this a post that Rogue Nine posted in the discussion of the Bioware/LA partnership in response to a heated debate between lukeiamyourdad and myself.

http://www.lucasforums.com/showpost....&postcount=221

I both reported the post and PM'ed several mods/admins on it, since I found the comment about "nerd rage" to be inflamatory and condescending content.

However, as you can see, the post is still there, as the mods/admins told me that the smiley made it acceptable, while I maintained that it didn't matter, because the content of the post is flamebait whether a smiley appears or not. YMMV.

However, when I quote Rogue Nine for saying: "The amount of nerd rage in this thread is so thick. xD" in a different topic and then agree with it, after Rogue Nine's own heated debate with Sephira, my posts are simply deleted without comment. And while I accept it the first time for the reasons stated above, I do not the second, since (1) I did include a smiley and (2) I did make several comments that speak to the topic and are to the point.

Yet my post is still deleted. And sadly, I cannot say that I'm surprised.

The only good thing about is, that we now have proof positive of the hypocricy, double standards and bigotry of the mods/admins on these boards!!!

And so we have a class-based board with one set of rules for the mods/admins, and another for everyone else.

QED!

Now, the mods have the choice to either accept this and do something about it or else to ban me from these boards, thus proving my point. They have that choice, because I will allow none other and continue to repost this message to as many mods/admins and relevant topics as I feel is reasonable until something happens.

So if you read this and find that I stop posting, you will know what option they chose...

HYPOCRISY, THY NAME IS LUCASFORUMS MODS! :mad:

Jae Onasi 12-11-2007 12:53 PM

Thank you for your input.

You are welcome on LF so long as you follow Forum rules. If you don't feel you can comply with those rules, you probably shouldn't post. Trying to "force" us to comply with your vision of how things should be done by making threats of spamming threads with this is inappropriate. We discuss things in the moderator forum to come up with a consensus on how to handle difficult situations, and that doesn't always go the way an individual would like it to go. I assure you that your situations have engendered a great deal of discussion, and this situation will not be an exception.

El Sitherino 12-11-2007 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jediphile
I both reported the post and PM'ed several mods/admins on it, since I found the comment about "nerd rage" to be inflamatory and condescending content.

It's not our fault you're overly sensitive to something that is not an attack.

tk102 12-11-2007 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jediphile
Yet my post is still deleted. And sadly, I cannot say that I'm surprised.

The post was deleted to try reduce the amount of inflammatory posts in that thread. This feedback forum is where those types of posts should be placed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jediphile
Now, the mods have the choice to either accept [their hypocrisy] and do something about it

What exactly did you have in mind jediphile? What constitutes "doing something about it" to you?

As Jae mentioned we have had a number of private discussions about the matter. Contrary to popular belief, we are not a monolithic entity with one mind, but we do try to come to common ground in line with expectations laid out in the forum rules and guidelines. The reason we do this is to try to keep the peace in a consistent manner. One of the checks we have is this feedback forum where you and others are welcomed to critique us.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jediphile
I will allow none other and continue to repost this message to as many mods/admins and relevant topics as I feel is reasonable until something happens.

This on the other hand, is exactly the wrong type of behavior. If you choose to engage in this activity, we will take appropriate action in line with the rules. As Jae intimated, you have been Warned.

Jediphile 12-11-2007 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Sitherino
It's not our fault you're overly sensitive to something that is not an attack.

Just inflamatory, eh?

And of course it's an attack. I will not be goated into letting you sidetrack the issue here by being angry, however.

This is not about being overly sensitive, so please stop trying to obscure the issue. If you dont' want to dicuss this, then you should probably take Jae's advice and not post.

This is about doing what Rogue Nine did and being deleted for it while he was not. Hence: Hypocrisy and double standard.

It's interesting that three of you have now posted to this topic without denying that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk102
The post was deleted to try reduce the amount of inflammatory posts in that thread. This feedback forum is where those types of posts should be placed.

What exactly did you have in mind jediphile? What constitutes "doing something about it" to you?

I expect the same rules to apply to me that apply to Rogue Nine when it comes to posting. The topic where he mentioned "nerd rage" was at least as inflamatory as the one I'm deleted from if not more so. Thus I find it difficult to accept that my posts are deleted, while his was not.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk102
As Jae mentioned we have had a number of private discussions about the matter. Contrary to popular belief, we are not a monolithic entity with one mind, but we do try to come to common ground in line with expectations laid out in the forum rules and guidelines. The reason we do this is to try to keep the peace in a consistent manner. One of the checks we have is this feedback forum where you and others are welcomed to critique us.

This on the other hand, is exactly the wrong type of behavior. If you choose to engage in this activity, we will take appropriate action in line with the rules. As Jae intimated, you have been Warned.

Given the horrid standard of moderating I've experienced on these boards, I'm beyond the point where I care whether I'm banned or not. I've long since lost my trust in the mods on these fora for the reasons stated above and numerous times before.

That you resort to simply deleting my posts without even discussing the matter with me is simply below criticism, when I all I did was to do exactly what Rogue Nine did.

Heck, I didn't even do that, I just quoted him and then did not disagree with him.

In that, you are - of course - trapped by your own arguments of the past. After all, since Rogue Nine's comment was never deleted despite being reported as inflamatory several times, you can hardly fault me for doing the same or, as is the case here, less. So whether it's inflamatory or not is, at this point, quite moot, as you've already accepted posts like that, given that you allowed Niner's to stand despite being made aware of its inflamatory nature. And I take the fact that my posts were promptly deleted as confirmation of that fact. That was you people deleting my posts for inflamatory content, certainly not me. So it's impossible now to back up and say that Niner's post was not inflamatory. Either he was wrong, or you were wrong to delete my posts. It's really that black and white... QED.

Want to avoid stuff like this from me in the future?

1. Ban me from these boards. If you do, I'll naturally stop posting, and people will know what hypocritical bigots you people are.

2. Stop deleting my posts when I do not violate the guidelines you have yourself put down by example.

El Sitherino 12-11-2007 02:22 PM

What's the point in denying this? That's like denying the existence of an all mighty llama, yeah it's not true but people should already know this.

I don't know what you're talking about, but clearly you have some irrational frustrations that cannot be resolved.

PS:Saying there are vast amounts of nerd rage is not inflammatory. It's a statement, one I see as being made in humor. If you don't have a sense of one, not our fault.

Jediphile 12-11-2007 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Sitherino
I don't know what you're talking about, but clearly you have some irrational frustrations that cannot be resolved.

Forgive my lack of humor, but are you being humorous here?

Because it seems difficult to me to see it as anything else, when you first admit to not understanding what I'm talking about, but then still feel confident to proceed to conclude that I have irritational frustrations that cannot be resolved. I don't understand how you can conclude that, when you admit to not understanding what I'm talking about.

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Sitherino
PS:Saying there are vast amounts of nerd rage is not inflammatory. It's a statement, one I see as being made in humor. If you don't have a sense of one, not our fault.

If it's simply humorous, then why can't I say it too?

El Sitherino 12-11-2007 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jediphile
If it's simply humorous, then why can't I say it too?

Because, humor rule #7: Never kill the joke.

Jediphile 12-11-2007 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Sitherino
Because, humor rule #7: Never kill the joke.

I merely quoted Niner. Thus I did nothing to change it.

Also: The forum rules do not specify the humor rule. Thus I cannot be in violation of the rules that apply here.

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=169078

tk102 12-11-2007 02:45 PM

You quoted Niner from a completely different thread in order to make your point and IMO to add to the flames. The post was off-topic and not constructive and therefore deleted. We do not have to ask your permission for this as it is clearly stated in the rules under spamming (5a).

The proper course of action is to use this forum for such feedback.

Jediphile 12-11-2007 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk102
You quoted Niner from a completely different thread in order to make your point and IMO to add to the flames. The post was off-topic and not constructive and therefore deleted. We do not have to ask your permission for this as it is clearly stated in the rules under spamming (5a).

Wrong. The first post, perhaps, but the second was definitely on-topic, as I made several remarks Revan's power vs. Sidious'. Now, I cannot show you that, since you people deleted it, but if you find it, you'll see that was so.

Therefore the rule on spamming does not apply. If it did, then it applied just as much to Niner's post as it did to mine. Either we were both right, or we were both wrong. Yet my post was deleted while his was not.

Hence: Double standard. QED.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

El Sitherino 12-11-2007 03:15 PM

The world cannot always be so black and white.

Darth333 12-11-2007 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jediphile
I merely quoted Niner. Thus I did nothing to change it.

No you didn't changed the quote but the intent was completely different. I don't think your post was inflammatory for its content (everyone here is a nerd to some extent and several threads are affectecd by "nerd rage") but rather by the context. It is clear to me that it was made with the very specific intent of stirring up some s*** and get a chance to victimize yourself in public. This is exactly what you wanted when you made that post. Don't try to play innocent here. I had enough of that little game. Edit: To clarify, I am not only referring to the case at hand but to a whole situation that has existed since a while. Moreover, every time you are not happy with something, you do not hesitate to call us all sorts of names in your PMs (and as also appears from your post below), sometimes even before getting an answer and that, even if the moderators try to politely explain the situation to you.

As for the original post, we can't be in everyone's minds and delete all remarks that could be subjectively considered offensive by a reader as everything is potentially offensive to some degree. You are the only one who interpreted the post as offensive (other non mod members though it wasn't offensive either). Some people find the religion threads offensive but we won't start closing all the religion threads for that! It's the same principle. "Nerd" is regularly used towards others on the boards and it is hardly an insult when every user here is a "nerd" to some degree.

Quote:

Because, humor rule #7: Never kill the joke.
Can't say better than that.

The Source 12-11-2007 04:07 PM

Jediphile is not completely wrong. Sometimes the moderators are a bunch of wolves, and I agree that they need to be held accountable for their actions/intentions. Just my two cents.

Darth333 - A wolf is a wolf.

Jediphile 12-11-2007 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth333
No you didn't changed the quote but the intent was completely different. I don't think your post was inflammatory for its content (everyone here is a nerd to some extent and several threads are affectecd by "nerd rage") but rather by the context. It is clear to me that it was made with the very specific intent of stirring up some s*** and get a chance to victimize yourself in public. This is exactly what you wanted when you made that post. Don't try to play innocent here. I have enough of that little game.

I do not try to play innocent, but the fact remains that I posted a comment just like Niner's and made on-topic comments just like him. Yet his post was permitted, while mine was deleted.

Why? How is that reasonable? How is my post against the rules when - as you say yourself - it was not inflamatory for its content? What, I'm not allowed to quote Niner and then agree with him?!?

As for the intent, he posted it to a heated debate where he felt it was appropriate. I did not agree, but the mods did, so I have little choice but to accept it. But when I then do the same to a similarly heated debate, my posts are deleted.

The little game I have had enough of is your attempt here to infer that my post was made in a heated debate where it was problematic, while Niner's was not. That is not true. The discussion between lukeiamyourdad and myself had certainly reached a point where several mods had stated that we should cool down. Was Niner's comment okay in that context? If so, then I fail to see how mine was any different.

True, it was against my better judgment in that I objected to Niner's post in the past. But I don't make the rules, and I merely followed the guidelines that you yourself set down by example, when you said Niner's post was okay. Apparently that was fair enough. Until I do it, that is. Hence we have bigotry, double standards and hypocrisy. QED.

If you're going to set down the rules like that, then isn't it fair that they apply equally to everyone? I don't agree that Niner's comment was okay, but then I'm not a moderator, and I don't make the rules. If that's the board you want, then fine, but I and every other poster must then be judged by the same rules. By allowing Niner's post and deleting mine, you are effectively judging him by a different standard than me. That's hypocrisy of the highest order. Why should any poster here tolerate that?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth333
As for the original post, we can't be in everyone's minds and delete all remarks that could be subjectively considered offensive by a reader as everything is potentially offensive to some degree. You are the only one who interpreted the post as offensive. Some people find the religion threads offensive but we won't start closing all the religion threads for that! It's the same principle. "Nerd" is regularly used towards others on the boards and it is hardly an insult when every user here is a "nerd" to some degree.

Then why can't I repeat that?

Honestly, I find your blatant attempts to villify me rather than deal with the issue in extremely poor taste.

Sure, it's easier and certainly far more convenient to villify me than it is to resolve the matter. After all, you can just ban me and thereby dodge taking the fight among the moderators, but it doesn't change the fact that something stinks here.

My comment was made in exactly the same spirit and context that Niner's was. If you think that's a problem, then okay, but then apply the same standard to Niner, please. Your attempt to rather villify me is frankly below board. Sadly I cannot claim surprise. It's what I've come to expect here.

But it's okay, if you want that. If you insist on continuing the police-state, then at least have the decency to say so that I might seek political asylum elsewhere.

Jae Onasi 12-11-2007 05:10 PM

All right folks, before this thread completely degenerates out of control, remember that the forum rules apply to this thread as they do others. Name-calling (hypocrites, wolves, etc.) is flaming, so don't name-call, and keep the sarcasm under control. Either post according to the rules, don't post, or experience the consequences of posting in a way that breaks the rules.

JediMasterJambi 12-11-2007 05:12 PM

BANHAMMER AND TROLLADIN!
 
I have to agree to an extent.
My...*Cough* Brother *Cough* had quite a tango with the Moderators on this forum awhile back. He was bant for it. (RedHawke and Darth333 ^-^) He wasn't exaclty in the wrong either. Infact, he went straight to the head Mod and talked with him. ;)
But I have to disagree to an extent aswell. Sephira for example...
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nikkolas
Darn yoU LS. Why aren't you on when i need your wisdom.

I'm in a debate on the LucasForms KOTOR Forum and this guy is telling me KOTOR Jedi > PT Jedi. He's a total moron but I need the interview in which GL says this about the Jedi.

If anyone has it, thanks a bunch.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ManSlayer
Give me the link and i will literally tear that guy to ****s. I HATE kotor fanboys.

When ever you have problems with debates out of these forums just post us the links. We will handle it from here and if im not wrong lucas said the prime of the jedi thing in the TPM commentary

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Hord
yeah post the link, i would like to see this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ManSlayer
Ok my username there is sephira. I am so going to enjoy ripping them apart. Support is welcomed. Darth sexy and Lightsnake, we need you too.

Sephira was merley on this forum to argue Palpatine being the stongest. That was his only reason for being here. Insitgation.
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/a...-the-jedi.html
Thats the link to the KMC forum page were Nikkolas (Who was also bant from this forum...I think...) is rallying his little Palpatine fan-club to come over here and piss everyone off.
People like that deserve to be bant, IMHO. They wern't here because they were KOTOR fans. They were here because they wanted to come onto a KOTOR based fan forum and tell us that they didn't care what we thought, and that their idea was gods word. Thats why after my second post in the "Just how Powerful Was Revan" thread, I stopped posting there. Because I would have just been adding wood to the fire.

tk102 12-11-2007 05:15 PM

Thanks for that insight JMJ.

Rogue Nine 12-11-2007 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jediphile
I do not try to play innocent, but the fact remains that I posted a comment just like Niner's and made on-topic comments just like him. Yet his post was permitted, while mine was deleted.

You initially posted a quotation of my post with no 'on-topic' commentary. This shows clear intent to spam and taunt, especially since you had an identical previous comment deleted that you were very well aware of. It was on that basis your second comment was deleted. You just edited in the on-topic material to cover your ass, when it was clear from the get-go that your intent was to spam and taunt. It was during the deletion process that you edited your posted (I am not responsible for the deletion, by the by).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jediphile
As for the intent, he posted it to a heated debate where he felt it was appropriate. I did not agree, but the mods did, so I have little choice but to accept it.

For the record, you were the only person to take offense to my comment. LIAYD did not take offense to it at all, despite him obviously being referenced as a 'nerd', because he took it for what it was supposed to be: a joke.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jediphile
But when I then do the same to a similarly heated debate, my posts are deleted.

You posted it in a completely different thread, for the express purpose of stirring up trouble. That is why your posts were deleted.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jediphile
The little game I have had enough of is your attempt here to infer that my post was made in a heated debate where it was problematic, while Niner's was not. That is not true. The discussion between lukeiamyourdad and myself had certainly reached a point where several mods had stated that we should cool down. Was Niner's comment okay in that context? If so, then I fail to see how mine was any different.

See above.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jediphile
By allowing Niner's post and deleting mine, you are effectively judging him by a different standard than me. That's hypocrisy of the highest order. Why should any poster here tolerate that?

Again, you posted that with specific intent to cause trouble. That is why it is not tolerated.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jediphile
Then why can't I repeat that?

See above.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jediphile
Honestly, I find your blatant attempts to villify me rather than deal with the issue in extremely poor taste.

You've done a far better job of villifying yourself than we could ever do.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jediphile
Sure, it's easier and certainly far more convenient to villify me than it is to resolve the matter. After all, you can just ban me and thereby dodge taking the fight among the moderators, but it doesn't change the fact that something stinks here.

Whoever smelt it dealt it.*

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jediphile
My comment was made in exactly the same spirit and context that Niner's was.

No it was not. See above.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jediphile
But it's okay, if you want that. If you insist on continuing the police-state, then at least have the decency to say so that I might seek political asylum elsewhere.

You are free to leave at any time. No one is keeping you here.





*This is a joke, it is meant to cause mirth. FYI.

Jediphile 12-11-2007 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogue Nine
You initially posted a quotation of my post with no 'on-topic' commentary. This shows clear intent to spam and taunt, especially since you had an identical previous comment deleted that you were very well aware of. It was on that basis your second comment was deleted. You just edited in the on-topic material to cover your ass, when it was clear from the get-go that your intent was to spam and taunt. It was during the deletion process that you edited your posted (I am not responsible for the deletion, by the by).

I did not edit it. I posted a new post, where I did make on-topic comments. For example, Sephira concluded that Revan could never defeat Sidious because there were no circumstances that could allow it. I said that there are always circumstances in any fight, including shifting battlegrounds or - as happened - somebody betraying Sidious and stabbing him in the back.

Now, who are you to tell me that is not an appropriate on-topic comment to make?

If you answer that you're a moderator/administrator, then we're back to living in a caste-system on this forum, where the mods/admins are of a higher class than everyone else.

And even if you were right and I posted for the reasons you claim - and that is not an admission in my part - it still does not change the fact that I can make just the same claim about your "nerd rage" comment a while back. After all, I have no doubt that you also made that comment to condescend and then added - to use your own words - "some on-topic material to cover your ass". Why can you do that while I cannot? Don't presume to know my intent - only I can know my mind. If you get to interpret, then so do I.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogue Nine
For the record, you were the only person to take offense to my comment. LIAYD did not take offense to it at all, despite him obviously being referenced as a 'nerd', because he took it for what it was supposed to be: a joke.

So what does that mean? Does it mean that if I call you a D***head and can convince everyone else to accept that it is then okay to call you that?

I shouldn't think so.

But let me put it this way, looking back at it now and seeing what your comment caused, do you now feel that you helped or hindered the problems you saw back then? Does your answer make you part of the solution or part of the problem? Which would you rather be?

If I had felt the matter had been taken seriously back then rather being rediculed for being too sensitive, there would have been no problem now. Apparently I'm not the only sensitive person here, given that it is so problematic that I dared to quote something you said...

And naturally it will become increasingly difficult to see your "nerd rage" comment as the innocent joke you claim to be the more you and the other moderators protest now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogue Nine
You posted it in a completely different thread, for the express purpose of stirring up trouble. That is why your posts were deleted.

That's your interpretation, not a fact. Besides, even if you were right, does that mean that my "on-topic material to cover my ass" must also be deleted? You admit that was on-topic. But it's still deleted, and you accept that. Even if you think I was trying to stir up trouble with the quote, that's a problem, especially for you as a mod, since you must set the example. Do you think you're off to a good start here?

And no, I did not post it to stir up trouble. I deny that completely. I did it to prove a point. It's too bad that you all took it hook, line and sinker rather than actually talk to me about it. But as I said, it's what I've come to expect. Mods here seem to like throwing their authority around rather than actually trying to solve the problems. That this matter was blatantly ignored in the first is the reason this topic now exists, so it would befit the mods not to claim innocence themselves.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogue Nine
Whoever smelt it dealt it.*

Methinks thou doth protest too strongly.

Furem fur cognoscit et lupum lupus.

EDIT:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogue Nine
You are free to leave at any time. No one is keeping you here.

Does that mean you admit to the police-state? If so, you have but to say it, and I shall must assuredly remove my sorry self from your illustrious presence.

Rogue Nine 12-11-2007 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jediphile
I did not edit it. I posted a new post, where I did make on-topic comments. For example, Sephira concluded that Revan could never defeat Sidious because there were no circumstances that could allow it. I said that there are always circumstances in any fight, including shifting battlegrounds or - as happened - somebody betraying Sidious and stabbing him in the back.

Wrong. You did edit it, and I have the logs to prove it. Please do not deny this and insult my intelligence.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jediphile
And even if you were right and I posted for the reasons you claim - and that is not an admission in my part - it still does not change the fact that I can make just the same claim about your "nerd rage" comment a while back.

You can make all the claims you want. That does not mean that they are correct.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jediphile
After all, I have no doubt that you also made that comment to condescend and then added - to use your own words - "some on-topic material to cover your ass". Why can you do that while I cannot? Don't presume to know my intent - only I can know my mind. If you get to interpret, then so do I.

Again, I made that comment in jest. If you cannot accept that, I am sorry, but that does not change the circumstances and mindset in which I made that post. The biggest part of your argument is based on the completely false assumption that I made that comment to seriously condescend and flame you and LIAYD. This is simply not the case. I know you'll probably not accept this, but then again, you seem to put very little stock in what others say.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jediphile
So what does that mean? Does it mean that if I call you a D***head and can convince everyone else to accept that it is then okay to call you that?

I shouldn't think so.

I fail to see how 'd***head' matches in vulgarity to 'nerd'. One is clearly an insult not allowed on our PG-13 boards no matter what the context; the other is a term that many people here have used in self-reference and in reference to others, with no offense taken.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jediphile
But let me put it this way, looking back at it now and seeing what your comment caused, do you now feel that you helped or hindered the problems you saw back then? Does your answer make you part of the solution or part of the problem? Which would you rather be?

My comment caused you to make a pariah of yourself based on your wrong interpretation of my message. I am sorry that you chose to do so, but in the end it was your choice to make based on your interpretation and I take no responsibility for that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jediphile
Apparently I'm not the only sensitive person here, given that it is so problematic that I dared to quote something you said...

In a thread where the staff was dealing with a completely different user with the intent to stir up trouble. You had no place to do that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jediphile
And naturally it will become increasingly difficult to see your "nerd rage" comment as the innocent joke you claim to be the more you and the other moderators protest now.

Again, your problem, not ours.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jediphile
That's your interpretation, not a fact.

Right back 'atcha.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jediphile
Besides, even if you were right, does that mean that my "on-topic material to cover my ass" must also be deleted? You admit that was on-topic. But it's still deleted, and you accept that.

As I stated before, the deletion process was already in motion by the time you edited your post with the on-topic content. I saw it, but was not able to stop the moderator doing the deletion in time. The moderator also removed it completely, instead of 'soft' deleting it. If it had been 'soft deleted', I can assure you it would have been back up there, sans the taunting comments that had originally comprised that post. My apologies for your loss.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jediphile
And no, I did not post it to stir up trouble. I deny that completely. I did it to prove a point.

If you want to prove a point, there is a PM system with which you could have PMed a staff member about it. Your aversion to them is not a reason you may use to justify posting it in the open.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jediphile
It's too bad that you all took it hook, line and sinker rather than actually talk to me about it.

Is this an admission of baiting?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jediphile
Furem fur cognoscit et lupum lupus.

Sorry, don't speak Latin.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jediphile
EDIT:

Does that mean you admit to the police-state? If so, you have but to say it, and I shall must assuredly remove my sorry self from your illustrious presence.

This forum and its moderators do not promote a 'police-state'. I'm sorry if you interpret it as such, but just because you do, that does not make it so.

Jeff 12-11-2007 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jediphile
Why can you do that while I cannot? Don't presume to know my intent - only I can know my mind. If you get to interpret, then so do I.

Jediphile its our job to interpret the rules and apply them when we think they are being broken.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jediphile
That this matter was blatantly ignored in the first is the reason this topic now exists, so it would befit the mods not to claim innocence themselves.

It was never in issue in the first place to anyone except you. It is clear to everyone except you what the nerd rage comment was. You're making way too big of a deal out of this than it really is.

El Sitherino 12-11-2007 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jediphile
lupus.

http://www.boomspeed.com/insanesith/Itsnotlupus.jpg

JediMasterJambi 12-11-2007 07:24 PM

Everyone Loves Waffles.
 
On a Forum, people discuss their opinons with eachother, and naturally disagree with one another.

When people disagree with eachother, they become angry at one another. Thats human nature. Thats why Wars break out between people, and people are killed, homes are destroyed. etc.

However, the creator of the forum naturally knows this. So he assigned Moderators to control the forum in a way where the anger people feel at eachother when they disagree is reducded.

A Moderators job is to Moderate.
"control: lessen the intensity of; temper; hold in restraint; hold or keep within limits; "moderate your alcohol intake"; "hold your tongue"; "hold your temper"; "control your anger"
That is their job. To "control anger", to "lessen the intensity" of it on the forums.

Here is where the flaw is however, Moderators are also human.
They also feel anger, they also have their own opinons, they also disagree with people, blah, blah, blah.

Thus numerous flaws are extended from their. Playing Favs, Power Trips, Mini Mods, Mod Rage, etc. I'm not going into detail.

Its no ones fault that Mod's have flaws. Its human nature. People are flawed, and therfore, so are Mods.
At that one point I have to say that in my opinon, Jediphile should accept that fact.
However, from Phile's point of view here, despite their flaws, it was their job to remove the Joke/Tease statments from a heated debate. Whether or not it was found offensive by them. It was apprent that Phile found it offensive. And not only that, but its apprent this isn't the first time that the Mods here have been in the wrong.

Everyones at a wrong from one window or another. But pointing fingers dosen't solve it.
What does solve it, however, is this.
http://img503.imageshack.us/my.php?i...o20pancfg1.jpg

Jediphile 12-11-2007 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogue Nine
Wrong. You did edit it, and I have the logs to prove it. Please do not deny this and insult my intelligence.

No, you're wrong. I might have edited the post, because I usually type pretty fast and then edit to correct spelling mistakes. But there was a first post that was deleted completely, and a second that was also deleted completely. Don't insult my intelligence by claiming otherwise. Bring you proof. I have no fear of it, since it can only be rope to hang yourself with.

EDIT: Besides, the rules here give me little choice but to edit, since I'm not allowed to doublepost. If you started by acknowledging that I respect the rules in this regard instead of immediately using it as a pretense to clobber me over the head, maybe we could make some progress here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogue Nine
You can make all the claims you want. That does not mean that they are correct.

My point exactly. Which means you also get to make no claims as to me intents. The door swings both ways.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogue Nine
Again, I made that comment in jest. If you cannot accept that, I am sorry, but that does not change the circumstances and mindset in which I made that post. The biggest part of your argument is based on the completely false assumption that I made that comment to seriously condescend and flame you and LIAYD. This is simply not the case. I know you'll probably not accept this, but then again, you seem to put very little stock in what others say.

Given my response, I should think I've have surely proven the opposite.

And why exactly must I accept this on your part if you refuse to accept it for me? You made it in jest. Fine. So did I, when I quoted it. Why can't YOU accept that? I ask for the same standard to be applied to both posts. Why is that unacceptable? They are very similar. Either they both violate the rules, or neither does.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogue Nine
I fail to see how 'd***head' matches in vulgarity to 'nerd'. One is clearly an insult not allowed on our PG-13 boards no matter what the context; the other is a term that many people here have used in self-reference and in reference to others, with no offense taken.

Sophistry. The point you inferred that "nerd rage" was acceptable because I was to take offense. Isn't that enough?

Or let me ask it this way: How many people must find a term objectionable, before you delete the post? 2? 5? 10? 50?

Should we take a vote every time?

Or is it just a matter of whatever the heck the mods happen to feel like at the given time?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogue Nine
My comment caused you to make a pariah of yourself based on your wrong interpretation of my message. I am sorry that you chose to do so, but in the end it was your choice to make based on your interpretation and I take no responsibility for that.

Then why do you refuse to see me comment the same way? I didn't like the comment the first time, but everyone told me I was wrong, so I took it to heart and moved on. Now that's apparently wrong too...

I guess I just spoke above my caste, then...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogue Nine
In a thread where the staff was dealing with a completely different user with the intent to stir up trouble. You had no place to do that.

You did, so why can't I? It didn't violate the forum rules, after all.

Ah, because you're a mod? Well, double standard...


Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogue Nine
Again, your problem, not ours.

That remains to be seen. Indeed, the utter refusal of the mods to acknowledge the problem here is at the very heart of this topic. The continued denial to accept it as such just escalates the whole matter.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogue Nine
As I stated before, the deletion process was already in motion by the time you edited your post with the on-topic content. I saw it, but was not able to stop the moderator doing the deletion in time. The moderator also removed it completely, instead of 'soft' deleting it. If it had been 'soft deleted', I can assure you it would have been back up there, sans the taunting comments that had originally comprised that post. My apologies for your loss.

So the question remains:

1. Why do mods resort to blatantly delete my posts rather than edit them?

2. Why do they they refuse to talk or even inform me of the matter?

I will not have my posts deleted without reason. Make your case and I'll listen, though I can't promise I'll agree. But just trying to silenty kill me by quietly deleting my posts will only prompt me to fill my mailboxes with angry PMs and post topics like this one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogue Nine
If you want to prove a point, there is a PM system with which you could have PMed a staff member about it. Your aversion to them is not a reason you may use to justify posting it in the open.

Ah, now you put your foot in it. You know full well that I posted to several PMs to both Darth333 and tk102 on this very matter.

In short, you're just plain wrong. I DID use the PM system. That especially Darth333 preferred to just ignore me is a big part of the problem here. And yes, those PMs can be produced to prove this.

Thus you're either ignorant or lying when you say I have an aversion to using PMs. If the former is the case, you'd have more credibility if you actually took the time to find out what you're talking about. Your position is totally baseless.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogue Nine
Is this an admission of baiting?

No. But I'll admit that I expected this to happen, even though it was fine for you to do. Clearly what you write is not nearly as important as who is writing...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogue Nine
This forum and its moderators do not promote a 'police-state'. I'm sorry if you interpret it as such, but just because you do, that does not make it so.

Actually, that was a yes/no question. Do you have an aversion to simply answering yes or no?

EDIT:

Quote:

Originally Posted by JediMasterJambi
Its no ones fault that Mod's have flaws. Its human nature. People are flawed, and therfore, so are Mods.
At that one point I have to say that in my opinon, Jediphile should accept that fact.

Oh, I'm quite willing to do that.

It does require that people acknowledge their flaws first, however.

After all, if they will not be reasonable, when these things are pointed out to them, then why should I be? Why should anyone?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Moeller
Jediphile its our job to interpret the rules and apply them when we think they are being broken.

What rules were broken? I did what Niner did. His posts were not deleted or revised. Nothing in the forum rules states that I cannot quote him in the way I did before I make on-topic comments.

I'll play by the rules, but they must be applied equally and to us all. It cannot be okay that Niner can make an comment about nerd rage and have that accepted, if I cannot then later quote it. That's double standard. It's actually quite plain.

El Sitherino 12-11-2007 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JediMasterJambi
it was their job to remove the Joke/Tease statments from a heated debate. Whether or not it was found offensive by them. It was apprent that Phile found it offensive.

Uh, no. One complaint about an obviously non-insulting joke does not qualify for removal of content. If we'd received more complaints however, it would have been removed. But seeing as pretty much every other member thought it wasn't a problem, it was left alone. And it did serve a bit of a purpose, some members seem to take themselves too seriously, they need to calm down and be better posters. Nerd rage -1.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jediphile
I did what Niner did.

No you didn't, you quoted his post (in another thread) and did so in a taunting fashion. If this wasn't your intent, then you need to learn how to phrase things better. Your post was deleted because it clearly served no purpose, the on-topic discussion was easily seen as tacked on to make yourself appear innocent.

Emperor Devon 12-11-2007 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jediphile
I found the comment about "nerd rage" to be inflamatory and condescending content.

If you've not noticed, it's common practice here for people to call each other geeks/nerds/clinically insane. If you can't handle the everyday teasing that goes on you need to grow a thicker skin, but starting threads like this expecting people to change their behavior to accommodate you is childish and self-centered.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jediphile
How many people must find a term objectionable, before you delete the post? 2? 5? 10? 50?

More than only you would be my first guess.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jediphile
Given the horrid standard of moderating I've experienced on these boards, I'm beyond the point where I care whether I'm banned or not.

Why are you still here?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jediphile
1. Ban me from these boards. If you do, I'll naturally stop posting, and people will know what hypocritical bigots you people are.

Double standards anyone? :rolleyes:

Seeing you hold yourself to the same standard you're insulting people for having amuses me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jediphile
They have that choice, because I will allow none other and continue to repost this message to as many mods/admins and relevant topics as I feel is reasonable until something happens.

Good grief, you can almost smell the pharisaism in these posts. Spam the forums until people do as you say? If you're that much a hypocrite I'm sorry to have wasted the minutes of my life it took to write this out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jediphile
I guess I just spoke above my caste, then...

Silence, Dalit!

Darth333 12-11-2007 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jediphile
Ah, now you put your foot in it. You know full well that I posted to several PMs to both Darth333 and tk102 on this very matter.

In short, you're just plain wrong. I DID use the PM system. That especially Darth333 preferred to just ignore me is a big part of the problem here. And yes, those PMs can be produced to prove this.

I answered very politely to your initial PM that was already, and that was our first "personal" contact to the best of my knowledge, treating me as a nazi and saying that my title was fitting. Your response to my PM was to the effect that you had a very low opinion of me. Since I am so worthless in your opinion and even if I had prepared a very polite answer to your response, I didn't send it as I thought that it was pointless to even try to further discuss the situation with you based on what you wrote to me and what you had previously sent to other mods in the past. Next time you want a follow up on your PMs, lay off the personal insults.

Also, there's a whole difference between "nerd", "nazi" and "bigot". Feel free to discuss a decision with the mods if you wish but I will ask you to remain polite and to stop making gratuitous insults in your PMs and posts. Even if they did not necessarily agreed with you in the past, nowhere the mods have called you such names. There is no need to resort to that kind of language.


edit: if you are talking about the PM you sent me today, you had already posted the present thread ( which is a copy of what was in my mailbox ) when I saw the PM.

Rogue Nine 12-11-2007 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jediphile
You did, so why can't I? It didn't violate the forum rules, after all.

Ah, because you're a mod? Well, double standard...

In the original thread, I posted following tk's warning to everyone (you and LIAYD) to cool down. My post was intended to be on topic, with a bit of mirth thrown in in hopes that the two of you would take a step back and cool your jets. You obviously did not take see it that way, choosing instead to see it as an insult. You were told that it was a joke and that you should just leave it be. I imagine this did not sit well with you.

In light of these circumstances, it is hard to believe that you quoted my exact phrase with the intent of finding it funny. It's very clear to me that you intended to taunt me by doing so, given our past history and your obvious dislike of me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jediphile
But just trying to silenty kill me by quietly deleting my posts will only prompt me to fill my mailboxes with angry PMs and post topics like this one.

No one is trying to 'kill' you, only moderate your offending posts.

You may not believe this, but I think you to be a very erudite and well-spoken contributer to these forums; that is, when you're not going off on diatribes about how the mods are out to get you. If you would just contribute and not take everything so sensitively, I imagine we'd get along just fine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jediphile
Actually, that was a yes/no question. Do you have an aversion to simply answering yes or no?

No, it is not a police state and no I have no aversion to simply answering yes or no.

I had a whole big sentence by sentence refutation thing going, but I decided to cut out most of them, save for the most relevant ones I've left above. Jediphile, let me make this as clear as possible. As I said above, I believe you to be an intelligent and well-spoken contributer to the forums. You offer well-reasoned and insightful commentary to many different Star Wars topics. This is a very good thing. The other mods (RedHawke in particular, if you can believe it) can attest to my believing that.

Unfortunately, you also have a persecution complex, in that you believe everyone on the mod staff is out to get you. I know this goes back further than even your involvement with me, as you've had a few tussles with the SWK staff before, over pretty much the same concepts. Quite frankly, you are too sensitive. You take things way too personally. No one else reacts to jokes/friendly sarcasm/etc like you do. We do not have this problem with anyone else and I don't think it is fair that we must use a different set of standards/words/tones when dealing with you. Everyone is dealt with in the same fashion. You are the only one who has reacted in such a way.

Look, let me (myself and I; I do not speak for the rest of the staff) make a deal with you, okay? I understand that my joke made you upset and I am sorry that it did, because that was not my intent. I also do not think that the best way to handle it was to taunt me with it. That being said, I'm will watch what I say in the future when dealing with sensitive and heated topics. I am outspoken and blunt, with a very sarcastic sense of humor, but I'm willing to temper myself when dealing with potentially volatile situations. In return, I ask that you not take everything so seriously. Being hypersensitive to the point where a joke like the one I made is construed to be a personal attack doesn't really help anything. In the same vein, please do not try to take justice into your own hands and try to 'make a point', as this isn't the right way to do so.

We can continue to go back and forth ad nauseam, but that wouldn't get us much of anything save for more anger and frustration and other unwanted nastiness. I'm more than willing to meet you halfway to put our argument to rest. Are you?*




*If you are, please consider extending the same courtesy to tk and D3 and the rest of the staff. Like I said, they are not all out to get you and I believe they would much rather have you around as a contributing member of our forums.

JoeDoe 2.0 12-11-2007 10:57 PM

Well, just to drop my two cents in...

Jediphile : It's clear that what Rogue Nine said was a joke, I know that some of us can't stomach joke but come on he just said N E R D R A G E! Being a N E R D is not bad at all, it's just a word meant for people that know even the most intimate details about something, and it was meant without malice, so no harm done there, unless you interpret it VERY differently.

If you think you can no longer fit in here then maybe you should retreat to another forum as you yourself said, maybe take a break and come back.

Det. Bart Lasiter 12-12-2007 02:34 AM

This thread should be stickied and a copy placed in some sort of archive so that future generations my stand in awe of it.

JediMasterJambi 12-12-2007 05:21 AM

What If?
 
Alright, alright. Let me pose a question to El Sitherino, Darth333, ED.

What if the Nerd Rage comment HAD been removed?
No one would have complained. I wouldn't have been a big deal at all, infact.
Jediphile would have been statisfied.
No one would have lost any face. (Because this is apprent that is what this is all about now.)
The comment was complained about, just 1 complaint or not. And look what has happened because no action was taken?
All this commotion was stirred up.
The 4 I mentioned above all believe the comment stated as a joke. And so what if it was? Jokes can be found VERY offensive at times. At certain times its also VERY inconsiderate, and inappropriate to make a joke.
Just because it was a joke dosen't mean everyone found it funny.
Consider your opinons not to be absolute.
Consider Jediphile actually took the joke as offensive.

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Sitherino
Uh, no. One complaint about an obviously non-insulting joke does not qualify for removal of content. If we'd received more complaints however, it would have been removed. But seeing as pretty much every other member thought it wasn't a problem, it was left alone. And it did serve a bit of a purpose, some members seem to take themselves too seriously, they need to calm down and be better posters. Nerd rage -1.

Thats your mere opinon. Not fact. Nerd Rage -1? ;) I won't even point out the issue with that statement. Beside the fact that your a Moderator, and you should know better.



Nine, I like your stance on things here. The man is looking to settle the argument with compromise, not just add wood to the flames. I agree with the comment you made above 101%, full support.
http://img142.imageshack.us/my.php?i...pykittyzz3.jpg

Emperor Devon 12-12-2007 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JediMasterJambi
What if the Nerd Rage comment HAD been removed?

Given his dislike of the staff, Jediphile would likely have found some other post to take issue with and demand the removal of. I think it was really a sooner or later occurrence.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JediMasterJambi
No one would have complained. I wouldn't have been a big deal at all, infact.Jediphile would have been statisfied.

You know, this post of yours really offends me. It would make me satisfied if it was removed. I am going to scream and shout and stamp my feet until you remove it. I don't care that it's fairly normal for this thread, it offends ME and I want it GONE! It's not like deleting it will cause a big deal, so why not?

Point in case? It isn't your proviso to make me feel satisfied with your posts. If I don't like the content I can see if more people than me feel the same way (at which point it goes from me thinking my opinion should dictate how people act to a legitimate cause for concern the forums have), add you to my ignore list, or just suck it up and not demand you change your posting style to make me feel better. The same goes for these forums at large. They have no obligation to make anyone who posts here happy. If you like them you can stay, if you don't like them then you should leave. One person is not reason for dozens more to change their behaviors. Simple as that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JediMasterJambi
The comment was complained about, just 1 complaint or not. And look what has happened because no action was taken?

If a child throws an inordinate tantrum should you reward it with candy to make it be quiet?

Quote:

Originally Posted by JediMasterJambi
Jokes can be found VERY offensive at times. At certain times its also VERY inconsiderate, and inappropriate to make a joke.

Nerd rage. Nerd rage. This is a Star Wars forum. You should expect nerd rage in excess and not throw a fit when it gets pointed out. If you take issue with such an unobtrusive comment, frankly you need to shape up or ship out - the forums as they are obviously aren't for you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JediMasterJambi
Consider your opinons not to be absolute.

Neither are yours. That the majority of posters in this thread disagree with them should make that all the more pertinent.

JediMasterJambi 12-12-2007 06:31 AM

Just Looking For Understanding
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Emperor Devon
Given his dislike of the staff, Jediphile would likely have found some other post to take issue with and demand the removal of. I think it was really a sooner or later occurrence.

ED, please, your personal opinon shows here of what you think of JediPhile. And thus why you entered your 2 cents into the thread in the first place. Its obvious from that statement you don't like his attitude much.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emperor Devon
Point in case? It isn't your proviso to make me feel satisfied with your posts. If I don't like the content I can see if more people than me feel the same way (at which point it goes from me thinking my opinion should dictate how people act to a legitimate cause for concern the forums have), add you to my ignore list, or just suck it up and not demand you change your posting style to make me feel better. The same goes for these forums at large. They have no obligation to make anyone who posts here happy. If you like them you can stay, if you don't like them then you should leave. One person is not reason for dozens more to change their behaviors. Simple as that.

Why? Why shouldn't I try to make you as satisfied as possible with my ideas and you vice-versa? I think more understanding in this world would be a good thing.
Very negative thinking there ED. Like it or leave, huh? I won't say anymore than that on your opinon there.
Really? My friend, look at the history of the entire world. One person can definatley be a reason for dozens more to change their behaviors.


Quote:

Originally Posted by Emperor Devon
If a child throws an inordinate tantrum should you reward it with candy to make it be quiet?

Why does a child throw a inordinate tantrum in the first place? Because its pissed off. Mabye it deserves some candy.


Quote:

Originally Posted by Emperor Devon
Neither are yours. That the majority of posters in this thread disagree with it should make that all the more pertinent.

Are you making an implication I SAID my opinon WAS fact? Because I didn't. I'm begining to think the majority of the posts in this thread are people who just plain dislike Jediphile's attitude, and are merley here to add wood to the flames in which to burn him.

Emperor Devon 12-12-2007 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JediMasterJambi
ED, please, your personal opinon shows here of what you think of JediPhile.

Don't make judgments based solely on the content of one thread. Normally I hold a great deal of respect for Jediphile; as Rogue Nine pointed out he can make some very contributive and interesting to read posts when he's in the mood. (Predicting in advance Avellone's intended origins of Nihilus is the first thing that comes to mind.) And that's also why I'm particularly disappointed at the content of this thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JediMasterJambi
Why? Why shouldn't I try to make you as satisfied as possible with my ideas and you visa-versa?

Because I don't join forums like this with the intent of making people happy. I join them for my own satisfaction. If said mood can spread the same satisfaction to other people, that's all the better and I'm not unhappy for it; but I've joined this place so I can enjoy myself first and foremost. If that enjoyment comes at other people's expense that's what makes me a troll, but as it stands I have no reason to cater to the satisfaction of one person who has similar expectations from other people who simply want to enjoy themselves as I do.

(Damn, I should really go capitalist.)

Quote:

Originally Posted by JediMasterJambi
Very negative thinking there ED. Like it or leave, huh?

More people prefer the forums as they currently are than as something different. So yeah, those look to be the only valid options. (I suppose there always is starting threads on how unfair it all is...)

Quote:

Originally Posted by JediMasterJambi
One person can definatley be a reason for dozens more to change their behaviors.

As far as I'm aware Jediphile isn't trying to kick the British out of India or end discrimination in the South, though the best of luck to him if he is. Historical figures with integrity are impertinent to one person taking issues with a forum whose populace happens to disagree with his opinions.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JediMasterJambi
Mabye it deserves some candy.

Not for holding itself to the same standard it's throwing a tantrum over other people having it doesn't.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JediMasterJambi
Are you making an implication I SAID my opinon WAS fact?

Not if you're holding yourself to the same mindset you want of me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JediMasterJambi
I'm begining to think the majority of the posts in this thread are people who just plain dislike Jediphile's attitude,

You're right. They are.

tk102 12-12-2007 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JediMasterJambi
What if the Nerd Rage comment HAD been removed?
No one would have complained. I wouldn't have been a big deal at all, infact.
Jediphile would have been statisfied.

Just wanted to mention JMB, if you the information you had on Sephira was shared with us earlier, the situation that occurred in the Republic Newsfeed would have been resolved more cleanly and this thread would likely not have been started.

Edit: I should add that we appreciated getting the information, and upon re-reading of this, I can see the tone may have come across snippity which was not my intent.

The Source 12-12-2007 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jae Onasi
All right folks, before this thread completely degenerates out of control, remember that the forum rules apply to this thread as they do others. Name-calling (hypocrites, wolves, etc.) is flaming, so don't name-call, and keep the sarcasm under control. Either post according to the rules, don't post, or experience the consequences of posting in a way that breaks the rules.

Oh god! I called someone a wolf. When did moderators loose their thick skin? Its like the moderators have become either to dominating, or the 'rules' that LucasForums.com uses as a guideline does not apply to them, or they have become so wimpy that they have to jump onto every post.

What in the name of the Force has happened? I don't remember having these issues when Chainz, RedHawke, or T7 were around on a daily basis.

Its like the new generation, some older, of moderators have become sinicle. What is wrong with you people?

Look at this thread. Not a single moderator has come in to accept responsibility, or disagreed with the other moderators, or anything. Its like a cult.

When have you seen a thread where a moderater has done something wrong, and another moderater has come in to disagree? "PUBLICLY"

We need a self-esteem and moral shot.

TK102, Rouge Nine, and Devon - What is your problem? People are getting into trouble because of posts that you have originally created. Grow some tolerance, show some responsibility, and grow up. Admit when you did something wrong, so we can get this place back to normality. You all have sins to resolve. Now is the time.

If we can admit our faults, the moderators can admit their faults.

Damit! LucasForums.com use to be a fun place. What the hell went wrong!?

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeDoe 2.0
Well, just to drop my two cents in...

Jediphile : ...unless you interpret it VERY differently.

If you think you can no longer fit in here then maybe you should retreat to another forum as you yourself said, maybe take a break and come back.

What! Everyone is welcomed here. He has a right to his perspective. Even though his perspective of the events are different than yours, that does not mean that his views are wrong.

Visitors should not be owning the problems that belong to the moderators.

tk102 12-12-2007 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Source
TK102, Rouge Nine, and Devon...Admit when you did something wrong

If you're going to cite me for something, I'll need more to go on.

Thread split: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=184333

Darth333 12-12-2007 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JediMasterJambi
Alright, alright. Let me pose a question to El Sitherino, Darth333, ED.
What if the Nerd Rage comment HAD been removed?

No one else found that post insulting. Even other members who posted in the thread (Sicne the posts were rather lenghty and off-topic they have been deleted to bring the Bioware/LA thread back on topic) agreed with that. Also, you may see only these posts about the "nerd rage" but there is history behind.

In short, while we have sometimes accomodated Jediphile in the past, it is never enough. Unfortunately, we can't start micro managing the boards according to everyone's whim and sensitivity. Not only it becomes awfully suggestive but if we do it for Jediphile we should do it for others as well and if we were to delete threads, posts and commment everytime someone feels offended, we would be deleting a lot of threads and posts (and likely all the religion threads as some people complain that they find them offensive). As I said above, everything is potentially offensive to someone. I don't count the times where people call each other "nerd" on these boards and it is a generally accepted practice by the community (it's a SW and gaming forum after all!).

That being said, if we think a request to delete or edit is justified according to the forum rules and not a simple whim, we will comply with it, and that applies to Jediphile just as everyone else. When the Source says "grow some tolerance" it should apply to everyone, not only to the staff.

Also, notwithstanding the above, we tend to be more collaborative when members make their requests in a civil manner instead of sending PMs full of insults (that would have earned a ban if they were made to any other non staff member but we went over that and took the time to answer politely) even before they make their requests (and I am not only talking about the current issue).

Finally, the mods are opened to compromise. We are all humans and can make mistakes sometimes, just as anyone else. In fact, we do discuss and review decisions regularly and reverse them when we deem it appropriate. When a member sends us a PM or reports a post, things are investigated and actions are taken when we deem that the forums rules have been broken. However, as mentioned above, we can't comply with every request and moderate the boards to please everyone.

Rogue Nine 12-12-2007 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Source
Oh god! I called someone a wolf. When did moderators loose their thick skin?

We have fur, thanks. Woof woof.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Source
Look at this thread. Not a single moderator has come in to accept responsibility, or disagreed with the other moderators, or anything. Its like a cult.

We work out our disagreements in private. This thread deals with grievances a forum member has and as such, disagreements between moderators is immaterial to the discussion.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Source
When have you seen a thread where a moderater has done something wrong, and another moderater has come in to disagree? "PUBLICLY"

See above. Again, I do not understand why you have cause to be concerned with what happens between moderators.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Source
TK102, Rouge Nine, and Devon - What is your problem? People are getting into trouble because of posts that you have originally created. Grow some tolerance, show some responsibility, and grow up. Admit when you did something wrong, so we can get this place back to normality. You all have sins to resolve. Now is the time.

Firstly, you misspelled my name yet again. Please realize my name is 'Rogue', coming from the X-wing series of comics and novels of the same name. It is not 'rouge', because that refers either to the French word for 'red' or the make-up product that women wear. I spell your name correctly, all I ask is for the same courtesy in return.

Secondly, I have offered to compromise with Jediphile. I have admitted that I am often blunt and sarcastic, traits I am not exactly proud of. I am doing this in order to promote peace, rather than let this go on ad nauseum.

Thirdly, 'let he who is without sin cast the first stone.'

Thanks for your input.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:29 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.