LucasForums

LucasForums (http://www.lucasforums.com/index.php)
-   The Cantina (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=444)
-   -   New Ep.4-6 (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=190784)

M@RS 07-26-2008 10:06 PM

New Ep.4-6

I was just wondering, who wants to see the Original Trilogy re-done? With better animations (and more realistic), better saber fight, ect.

RC-1183 07-26-2008 10:36 PM

i think that would be cool to see it redone with all te hi tech stuff they have now but i also respect the classics

Inyri 07-26-2008 11:35 PM

You're both obviously too young to appreciate the awesomeness that was the original trilogy. Lucas has already butchered it enough. >.>

EnderWiggin 07-27-2008 12:22 AM

I hear from a very reliable source that you're all silly little children. :indif:

_EW_

Rev7 07-27-2008 01:01 AM

No. Its good the way that it is.

Astor 07-27-2008 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M@RS (Post 2501015)
I was just wondering, who wants to see the Original Trilogy re-done?

No. They're great as they are. They pushed movie making techniques to their limit when they came out, and they've aged incredibly well.

And, even while I like the new trilogy, Lucas has stated often enough that he's happy with all of the films.

Quote:

Originally Posted by M@RS
With better animations (and more realistic),

How can you get more realistic than huge sets for the Death Star, the Tantive IV, and REAL stormtroopers, as opposed to CGI? And of course, the real models used for all of the spaceships, aliens and props. If anything, the new trilogy is less realistic than the first one.

Quote:

better saber fight, ect.
Nope. That would mean reshooting the movies over again, as splicing in new footage would look terrible. The fights are fine the way they are. I'd only ask they recolour the blades to look more in line with the new trilogy - Vader's lightsaber borders on pink at times.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inyri
Lucas has already butchered it enough. >.>

Forgive me, but as i've said, I don't think he has, at least not in his eyes. Yes, everybody has their own version of Star Wars, and their own perspectives, but it's always been his vision. Maybe there were some things that he shouldn't have added to them (like the 'Jedi Rocks' sequence in RoTJ), but they're still his films.

But that's not to say we can't moan about certain aspects of them. :xp:

Inyri 07-27-2008 12:14 PM

I was referring to the things he changed in the special edition release.

Astor 07-27-2008 02:17 PM

You have my apologies then, Inyri :)

RC-1183 07-27-2008 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inyri (Post 2501044)
You're both obviously too young to appreciate the awesomeness that was the original trilogy. Lucas has already butchered it enough. >.>

well say wat u wish but as i said before i respect the classics and i too think they r awesome all i was sayin was it woul be cool to just have a remake with the new technology

Meowster 07-28-2008 03:39 AM

The movies themselves are classics. I dunno... maybe if executed right, a remake would be good? Even if they did, I would probably still prefer the originals.

K_Kinnison 07-28-2008 06:00 AM

didn't GL already do this when he released the SPecial Edition?

Astor 07-28-2008 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Starman_x (Post 2501404)
The movies themselves are classics. I dunno... maybe if executed right, a remake would be good? Even if they did, I would probably still prefer the originals.

They tried that with Planet of the Apes, though, and it didn't work.

M@RS 07-28-2008 05:16 PM

Well, that's planet of the apes, not Star Wars, besides Lucas is pretty good at not ruining stories when it comes to re-making, or adding to something, look at the Jedi Knight series, they made Dark Forces II and a quite a few years later they made a new Jedi Knight and it did not ruin the story at all, why couldn't he do that with the movies too?

Inyri 07-28-2008 05:17 PM

You're confusing George Lucas and LucasArts. George Lucas did not write the stories for the video games.

Marius Fett 07-28-2008 05:36 PM

The original movies are FAR superior to the other films, in both storyline and special effects IMO.

Astor 07-28-2008 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M@RS (Post 2501584)
Well, that's planet of the apes, not Star Wars

That doesn't make my comparison any less valid.

So, through your reasoning, by virtue of it being 'Star Wars' it's going to be good, no matter what happens? Force Commander? Holiday Special? anybody?

The only thing that would need to be done with the old trilogy would be maybe to redo some of the special effects shots (blaster, lightsabers ONLY, no CGI space battles, thank you), and it would fit pretty seamlessly with the new trilogy.

A remake isn't required, and it would be pretty sucky.

Darth krunchy 07-29-2008 07:59 AM

I think it's very possible that the holy Trilogy gets remade someday. I just hope it never actually happens.

It might even be very, very good. But it never will be considered good by the fans who actually love the originals.

TriggerGod 07-29-2008 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EnderWiggin (Post 2501057)
I hear from a very reliable source that you're all silly little children. :indif:

_EW_

Who? Santa?
Anyways, as long as they don't change the puppet Yoda, and the Metal Bikini, I'm almost Ok with it :P
Quote:

It might even be very, very good. But it never will be considered good by the fans who actually love the originals.
And I bet I might be one of those fans :carms:

Druganator 07-29-2008 11:17 PM

i would like to see sum lightsaber duels more along the lines of the pt cuz frankly the duel between vader and kenobi in episode 4 was kinda pitiful granted it was an old dude fighting a guy with prosthetic limbs but i mean the old man is no excuse look at yoda and palpatine

Astor 07-30-2008 02:55 AM

Umm... you do realise that that was the first lightsaber duel to grace our screens? I think you can forgive Lucas and co for not knowing exactly how to do a fight like that.

If anything, many of the fights in the PT are pitiful - they often go on too long, and some are quite ludicrous. There's a bit in Episode III where Anakin and Obi-Wan spend half a minute twirling their lightsabers in front of each other without doing anything.

Inyri 07-30-2008 03:02 AM

Yes, I was actually thinking "hey, this battle isn't so bad" until that point, after which I wrote off the whole movie as a load of crap and never watched it again. All the saber fights in the prequels (save the one with Maul) were crap. The OT duels were much more realistic.

Darth krunchy 07-30-2008 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Astor_Kaine (Post 2502186)
Umm... you do realise that that was the first lightsaber duel to grace our screens? I think you can forgive Lucas and co for not knowing exactly how to do a fight like that.

If anything, many of the fights in the PT are pitiful - they often go on too long, and some are quite ludicrous. There's a bit in Episode III where Anakin and Obi-Wan spend half a minute twirling their lightsabers in front of each other without doing anything.

I completely agree.

The fights have just gotten flashier and flashier with higher speed film and special effects. If anything, the first lightsaber duel (New Hope) was the most realistic.

Before I had even finished reading your post, my thoughts went to that silly lightsaber twirling in Ep III. I mean, it sounds cool, it looks kinda cool, but it's pointless. In a real world fight, the first one to put a sword behind his own back would be the first dead fighter.

GeneralPloKoon 07-30-2008 05:13 PM

Nope, no re-dos!

Sabretooth 07-31-2008 09:55 AM

NEVAR.

ChAiNz.2da 07-31-2008 10:11 AM

I'm with the majority. Leave my OT alone :fist:

I'm sick and tired of remakes, re-dos and reboots. Not just aimed at Lucas.. but Hollywood in general.

What I wouldn't give for something original, or at least something that doesn't have a Roman numeral after it's title :rolleyes:

Kurgan 07-31-2008 03:57 PM

No more special editions please. Yes, I've seen a certain fan edit that blows Lucas' attempts (from 1997 and 2004) away, but I prefer the originals. I'd rather see a restored original (cleaned up picture and sound, all original theatrical soundtracks available, etc), on DVD and hi def, than YET ANOTHER SE. But rumor has it that Lucas is planning another SE, and it was only a percieved lack of demand that stopped him from releasing one for the 30th anniversary (back in May). The 3D Star Wars theatrical release was also delayed indefinately for reasons of technology.

But I say, if Lucas wants to keep toying with Star Wars, I would much rather he remade the originals, actually remade them... new script, reshoot, new actors... than do endless "special editions" that modify the original movies. Release a pristine quality set of the theatrical originals on the home formats and let it be. I don't understand why he can't just do these classic movies justice...

PS: Yes, I did hear the news that they're doing a remake of "Highlander." And no, I don't have high hopes for it, with all the crap the franchise has had to deal with in the last twenty years...

Druganator 08-02-2008 01:35 AM

im not sayin to make it a buncha flashy ~snip~ twirlin there sabers around im jus sayin make it seem like a real fight not two dudes ****in around with lightsabers

Since I'm pretty sure you're not talking about a bundle of sticks, I'd suggest you watch what you type. - Cz

GeneralPloKoon 08-02-2008 12:29 PM

I thought the lightsaber battle in ROTJ was pretty fast and real. Be nice to Obi-Wan, he's old...and Vader was probably a little rusty too!

Relenzo2 08-02-2008 06:47 PM

I think we have enough remakes people. How could any of us complain like we do about the PT, and then want this remade to be like it? NOOOOONONONO!

Druganator 08-02-2008 09:48 PM

yea obi wans old and vaders half robot but look at how yoda faught dooku and how grevious faught kenobi i mean come on a little more than a sparrin match im not sayin completely redo it im jus sayin if they added some more movin around or somethin i mean they barely move

Great Scott! 08-03-2008 10:25 AM

This would really ruin the magic of it all, I think it's incredibly awesome the second half was made almost twenty years before the first half. The Star Wars movies get a lot of attention simply from their unique and different style of numbering and continuity that no other movie series has really come close to matching. To remake the originals would just kill that and make a lot of people lose faith in Lucas.

By the way, not entirely relevant, but even though I used to defend the special and DVD editions to no end, I prefer the originals greatly now. They're just less awkward and don't have this strange mix of animatronics and CGI the re-makes have. They look great on my high-definition TV (and this is talking about the ones on the official DVD), so I don't see why everybody's complaining about it so often.

Nedak 08-04-2008 03:27 PM

Hell no, the prequels are already messed up the way it is.

George Lucas needs to stop making movies and go eat a steak.

Druganator 08-04-2008 10:34 PM

well i dont think it matters what we say anywya its not like its gonna affect their obvious decision not to change it cuz theyre nto gonna waste time addin a few little things for no reason

Blix 09-19-2008 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inyri (Post 2501044)

Quoted for truth :)

Te Je'karta Mand'alor 05-04-2009 08:12 PM

i have to agree with enderwiggin

jentos vone 10-11-2012 03:06 PM

[QUOTE=Relenzo2;2503880]I think we have enough remakes people. How could any of us complain like we do about the PT, and then want this remade to be like it? NOOOOONONONO![/QUOTET
I agree!That would be a blasphemy against star wars!! remakes are evil!:swear: