LucasForums

LucasForums (http://www.lucasforums.com/index.php)
-   Section 9 (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=750)
-   -   What are you watching/reading now? (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=197374)

Mav 04-27-2009 05:04 PM

What are you watching/reading now?

This is the place where you post what you're currently watching, be it if the show is currently airing or if you're catching up with an older series or re-watching a favorite. You can also tell us all about what manga you're reading/following. I'll start it off.

Right now I'm watching...
  • K-ON! - currently airing, full of loli goodness :P
  • Valkyria Chronicles - currently airing, pretty good anime adaption of a great game, so far, love the ED
  • Cowboy Bebop - Re-watching because it's awesome, I just watched "Cowboy Funk" last night.
  • Last Exile - Re-watching, but with the English VA's this time because Lynk says they're awesome, just got my DVDs not too long ago too.

Right now I'm reading...
  • Naruto Shippuden - I really liked the whole fight with Pain, but now it's doing a boring backstory type thing xD
  • Bleach - Bleach got kind of stupid for a few chapters, but it looks like it's getting back on track.

Jeff 04-27-2009 05:27 PM

I'm not a big manga reader. I'd like to catch up on Bleach, but I'm so far behind and been too busy to catch up.

As for what I'm watching, really only K-ON! right now. I'm liking it pretty well so far, made me laugh quite a bit. I also like both the OP and ED, especially the ED, I forgot to check if they were released yet on CD but I want to say they are, I'll have to get those.

I haven't even bothered watching the last couple episodes of Bleach because it's on really bad fillers, but once those get over with I will pick it back up again.

Chevron 7 locke 04-27-2009 05:55 PM

The only thing I'm watching right now is G-Gundam. Great series in my opinion, plenty of explosions.

What I'm reading...
Naruto Shippuden - I loved the begining of Naruto Vs Pain, but like Maverick said, it's just boring flashbacks now.
One Piece - Still packed with action and stretchy goodness.
Naruto (pre-timeskip.) - Cathing up with this one because of the classic fights and the action.

Rogue Nine 04-27-2009 06:00 PM

K-On is <3. Though I did find something pretty interesting in Episode 2...

http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/4...derlespaul.png

xD

Am also trying to get through Toradora, but it's slow going. ;s

igyman 04-27-2009 07:29 PM

Those who frequent the "Who Likes Anime" thread back in Ahto already know this, but what the heck, I'll repeat it one more time...

Currently watching Naruto Shippuuden and Bleach. Just two more episodes until Shippuuden's Three-tails filler arc ends and the manga adaptation continues - Yippeeee!!!
As for Bleach, the "Turn back the pendulum" adaptation ended a few weeks ago, so now the main event is on!

Jeff 04-27-2009 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogue Nine (Post 2618781)
Am also trying to get through Toradora, but it's slow going. ;s

lol I actually forgot about this show. I watched the first episode but forgot about it after that, I'll probably pick it up again.

Kuuki 04-27-2009 09:04 PM

THE LEGEND OF BLACK HEAVEN!

Sabretooth 04-27-2009 11:41 PM

Currently:

Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae - only 1 episode left though :/
Wolf's Rain - rewatching, I used to watch it on Animax, but I then Animax disappeared :(

Lynk Former 04-28-2009 12:34 AM

Valkyria Chronicles and One Piece

Jeff 04-28-2009 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynk Former (Post 2618889)
Valkyria Chronicles and One Piece

What? No "**** yeah!!" go to along with that? :p

leXX 04-28-2009 02:54 AM

Only anime I've seen lately is the movie Vexille. Great soundtrack, excellent mix of animation and CGI, good story and highly recommended.

Kj°len 04-28-2009 03:02 AM

Right now, I am watching:

Bleach
Blood+
Pokémon

I am reading Chibi Vampire.

Might I suggest to everyone a website called My Anime List? Here you can organize all of your anime and manga into categories, like "watching" or "completed" or "plan to watch." You can also rate the anime and stuff too. Here's mine for an example.

Mav 04-28-2009 03:54 AM

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that Dattebayo fansubs picked-up 07 Ghost since they dropped Shippuden, so I watched the first episode of that, and it seems interesting so far, so I'll probably sort of try to keep up with that.

Ctrl Alt Del 04-28-2009 09:51 AM

Some 15 episodes already on Blood+ and Death Note.

Aash Li 04-28-2009 10:12 AM

I pick up whatever manga sounds good when I go to the book store. Currently Im really liking Wild Ones (#6 made me cry).
K-on! Is my current anime fix. :D

CommanderQ 04-28-2009 10:29 AM

Currently, I am not watching any particular show, but lately, I have been watching many of the Studio Ghibli films. So far, this week, I have watched some of their classics, such as: My Neighbor Totoro, The Cat Returns, and Porco Rosso. And then I watched Steamboy, but that is not quite Studio Ghibli, but it's good:D

Aash Li 04-28-2009 10:39 AM

My two favourite Studio Ghibli/Miyazaki films are Howl's Moving Castle and Spirited Away. If they did a sequel or a series to Spirited Away, I think that would be great.

CommanderQ 04-28-2009 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aash Li (Post 2619065)
My two favourite Studio Ghibli/Miyazaki films are Howl's Moving Castle and Spirited Away. If they did a sequel or a series to Spirited Away, I think that would be great.

Oy! Those two are some of Ghibli's best!:D Yeah, I agree, a sequel would be awesome, they created such an amzing story, plot, and setting:D All in all, that film was excellent:D The same for Howl's Moving Castle:D

Lynk Former 04-28-2009 10:47 AM

@ Jeff: It's not as effective to say it when LF censors it.

Jeff 04-28-2009 12:08 PM

You're right, that's a shame.

Serpentine Cougar 05-01-2009 12:06 AM

Currently just watching the new episodes of FullMetal Alchemist: Brotherhood.

Quote:

Originally Posted by leXX (Post 2618932)
Only anime I've seen lately is the movie Vexille. Great soundtrack, excellent mix of animation and CGI, good story and highly recommended.

Ah, but how's the ending? That's where so many animes fall through (imo)...

leXX 05-01-2009 03:14 AM

It's got a pretty solid ending.

Darth Avlectus 05-06-2009 01:26 AM

Watching: Eureka Seven, Bleach
Reading: Vampire Hunter D 1&2

...if this counts: Playing MegaMan Zero...when I have time

EDIT: OH yeah... Fred's...total play off of Fender...I should know, as I have seen that brand...From that one show with the psycho chick with pink hair and guitar--and that boy with the forehead think going on...or am I tihnking of another anime?

I actually have a Fender Squire Precision Bass. Good times, back in the day. Wasn't cut out for the music biz tho. Play'd Black Sabbath and M4n50n riffs. Some Slipknot.

Kuuki 05-06-2009 05:03 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCoEQ...&p=wDT2-jdBtPk

yes, code geass is open, and on youtube in HD

Serpentine Cougar 05-10-2009 01:54 AM

Thanks for the recommendation, leXX! Vexille was an enjoyable watch - the animation was very good and some of the scenes were almost jaw-dropping. The dub wasn't too shabby, either. I would agree that it had a good ending.

Why is it that anime movies often have satisfying endings, but anime series so often don't?

Mav 05-14-2009 12:23 PM

I'm watching FMA right now. :D

leXX 05-14-2009 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Serpentine Cougar (Post 2622842)
Thanks for the recommendation, leXX! Vexille was an enjoyable watch - the animation was very good and some of the scenes were almost jaw-dropping. The dub wasn't too shabby, either. I would agree that it had a good ending.

Why is it that anime movies often have satisfying endings, but anime series so often don't?

You're welcome, and I'm glad you enjoyed it too. :)

Mav 05-21-2009 11:45 PM

I started watching Ergo Proxy today.

Kuuki 05-22-2009 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maverick187 (Post 2624186)
I'm watching FMA right now. :D

the new one? :3

notice how they eng subbed the opening and ending credits in the previous episode (the only time they did) and not this weeks one?

Mav 05-23-2009 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scar Da Kookee (Post 2626551)
the new one? :3

notice how they eng subbed the opening and ending credits in the previous episode (the only time they did) and not this weeks one?

Nah Scar, I was watching the original because I had never seen it, but I'll probably watch the new series later, but right now Haruhi 2 takes priority :P

Kuuki 05-23-2009 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maverick187 (Post 2626667)
Nah Scar, I was watching the original because I had never seen it,

FMA2 has the same story as FMA1, but things are changed up a bit

Quote:

but right now Haruhi 2 takes priority :P
why do I always find out about things last

...at anyrate,...

ZOMG HARUHI TWO!? :3

Serpentine Cougar 05-23-2009 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scar Da Kookee (Post 2626683)
FMA2 has the same story as FMA1, but things are changed up a bit

Well, it does for now, but it will diverge later. The first one followed the all of the manga that had been written then, but had to make up its own stuff for what happened after that. A lot more of the manga has been written now, so the new series will have the same stuff as the first one until it gets to where FMA1 had to make up its own stuff. Then it'll keep following the manga, so it'll be different from the first one.

FMA2 (at least so far) seems to be going through things rather quickly; I hope they slow down a little when they get to the stuff that wasn't in the first one. FMA1 was awesome until the last couple episodes or so, but the manga seems like it will have a much more satisfying ending, so I'm pretty hopeful for FMA2. :)

Kuuki 05-24-2009 08:32 PM

i think that if ppl watch FMA2 the creators expect two things, 1) ppl have seen it already, and want to get through the 'main stuff'; or 2) new viewers will get the 'cliff notes' of what's going on.

Mav 06-08-2009 01:57 AM

Started watching Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex so Lynk would stop badgering me about it.

Blix 06-08-2009 02:40 AM

Currently watching Bleach on Adult Swim, since my computer isn't supporting Flash atm I will have to wait for new One Pieces :(

Sabretooth 06-08-2009 07:06 AM

Watching Eden of the East right now, which is pretty cool and still trying to finish Wolf's Rain (slow anime is shlooooooow).

I'm reading Junji Ito's Gyo atm and Manhole (which I've paused because the editor highly recommends I watch 'One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest' before I resume reading the chapter :/ )

TriggerGod 06-08-2009 05:08 PM

Mainly reading Bleach and Naruto. I used to watch them, but I lost interest after I read the series online.

Lynk Former 06-09-2009 04:15 PM

Got mav to watch Stand Alone Complex :carms: he was watching Ergo Proxy before, psh.

Prime 06-10-2009 09:04 AM

Need to finish GitS: 2nd GiG and the film. Also planning on rewatching Samurai Champloo and Macross Frontier.

Lynk Former 06-10-2009 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prime (Post 2633442)
Need to finish GitS: 2nd GiG and the film. Also planning on rewatching Samurai Champloo and Macross Frontier.

*shakes fist* get on it, Prime!