LucasForums

LucasForums (http://www.lucasforums.com/index.php)
-   The Calavera Café (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=229)
-   -   FInished GF. what now? (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=200685)

dj_alfi 09-23-2009 09:59 PM

FInished GF. what now?
 
I feel like there is absolutely nothing to live for now that I've finished Grim Fandango.

What am I supposed to do now?

It feels like a spouse has died :(

Samuel Dravis 09-23-2009 11:13 PM

Now you should play the rest of the old Lucasarts adventures. :D

Although I admit, Grim is one of the best. Can't decide between it and Full Throttle.

Sallim 09-24-2009 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dj_alfi (Post 2675376)
I feel like there is absolutely nothing to live for now that I've finished Grim Fandango.

What am I supposed to do now?

I yes, I can feel the pain and emptiness that plagues you. I started to rebuild a 3d location of the LSA, named everything ( pc's in the network) Sal_[insert something], printet out some GFT-shirts and still wanna do some more.

You could start to play an instrument, a violin i.e. to play some GF tunes on it :D ( like him :D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XOSOkMlXTw )

Something that reminds you of GF, that brings you back to Rubacava at nights.

urluckyday 09-24-2009 11:14 PM

Uhh...idk remember what I did.

I just remember I was playing...and I finished...and I've been blacking out regularly ever since...

Wait, was I talking?

MeddlingMonk 09-25-2009 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dj_alfi (Post 2675376)
I feel like there is absolutely nothing to live for now that I've finished Grim Fandango.

What am I supposed to do now?(

Click on the little picture at the bottom of this post.

(No, this isn't a variation on 'pull my finger'.)

Andychs 11-04-2009 11:32 AM

i finally finish GF, after 5 years???!!

i played it once on my old PC running win2k, could get pass the first part, where u go to the poisoning, just couldn't find where to go. at that time i didn't really know much about puzzles or walkthrough available.

Recently i been digging up old games, since my laptop cannot run newer games like Fifa2k10 & FM2010. so finally reloaded GF, i did hang a few times... but i manage to compete it with help from walkthrough...

my biggest mistake... i thot those golden doors was my "big boss" room, hence i didn't bother going near it. and kept thinking i had to leave the building to find the location. :)

anyway. awesome game, but a lot of missing parts and question marks. would be nice if the ending talks about what happens after u kill the bad guy....

Tall Guy 12-02-2009 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeddlingMonk (Post 2675975)
Click on the little picture at the bottom of this post.

(No, this isn't a variation on 'pull my finger'.)

Monk! you old dog :)

If I read this again it will only be for the 26th time, meaning I've probably missed something...Better just to read again :)

MeddlingMonk 12-02-2009 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tall Guy (Post 2691327)
Monk! you old dog :)

If I read this again it will only be for the 26th time, meaning I've probably missed something...Better just to read again :)

If you haven't read the revised version, maybe you have 'missed' something at that.

Speaking of versions, I really (rant alert) wish there were an easy way to convert to the epub format and retain existing formatting. I can run my OOo file through calibre and I just get a pretty awful-looking e-book. The font formatting for the section/chapter headings is lost and I don't see any good way to make the sections into 'chapters' (and scrolling through one long, continuous text is not fun). So far there's only a proposal to give OpenOffice an export-to-epub function, and the only third-party options I can find mostly involve special templates and the prospect of moving a 120,000+ word novel to a new template is scary. I have a fantasy that someone with XML experience would do it for me. Hah. My other fantasy involves finding an illustrator. (Any other fantasies I have aren't suitable for disclosure.)

Mr_Calavera 01-02-2010 11:42 AM

Play it again, see if the ending's different. :thmbup1:

DJB 11-11-2010 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeddlingMonk (Post 2691393)
If you haven't read the revised version, maybe you have 'missed' something at that.

Speaking of versions, I really (rant alert) wish there were an easy way to convert to the epub format and retain existing formatting. I can run my OOo file through calibre and I just get a pretty awful-looking e-book. The font formatting for the section/chapter headings is lost and I don't see any good way to make the sections into 'chapters' (and scrolling through one long, continuous text is not fun). So far there's only a proposal to give OpenOffice an export-to-epub function, and the only third-party options I can find mostly involve special templates and the prospect of moving a 120,000+ word novel to a new template is scary. I have a fantasy that someone with XML experience would do it for me. Hah. My other fantasy involves finding an illustrator. (Any other fantasies I have aren't suitable for disclosure.)

Woh. MeddlingMonk, you are still around? I think I have a 9 year old e-mail from you with your original version of your novel. If you ever get it converted over to epub properly make sure to post it. I'll convert it over myself using calibre as well for my Kobo e-reader, but likely will lose most of the formatting. Maybe convince the girlfriend to read it, then she may figure out why I named the cat Meche.

MeddlingMonk 11-13-2010 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJB (Post 2755745)
Woh. MeddlingMonk, you are still around?

Yep. Still around.

The epub version is sort of on hold. I found a free open-source utility for converting texts to epub and also capable of formatting them, which is great, but it's at an alpha stage of development, which is bad, but at least it's in active development. I keep testing it whenever there's an updated version release but it continues to make way too many conversion errors. Calibre does a better job of the initial conversion so I may end up starting with calibre and then fixing things and creating chapter divisions with Sigil. But neither is preserving tabs which bugs me because I don't like block paragraphs. It may just be a matter of playing with things and finding what works/looks best.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:15 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.