LucasForums

LucasForums (http://www.lucasforums.com/index.php)
-   The Unknown Regions (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=631)
-   -   A message for Bioware: Please think of the TSL fans. (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=201927)

RevanFan90 12-18-2009 12:27 AM

A message for Bioware: Please think of the TSL fans.
 
Bioware please think of the TSL fans. Please preserve TSL's story. I will explain in my post why I think TSL's story should be preserved in the new MMO.

As you may know TSL's story is unique. It is grey and makes you question everything you thought was right and everything you thought was wrong. The plot was complex in some ways but, was written wonderfully. It had some of the most wonderful characters such as Kreia who especially gives me chills with lines like "It is such a quiet thing to fall but, far more terrible is to admit it." The story of the wound and Kriea's hatred of the force was also unique. Please Bioware do not let the stories of characters such as the exile and the lost jedi, Kriea, and what we learned about Revan from TSL fade from existence. I know you guys didn't make the story but, think of how hard those who did worked on it worked to create it and think of how we TSL fans enjoy the complexities in it. Please preserve TSL's storyline, it's plot, and it's characters. The MMO needs to be a continuation of TSL's story not the destruction of it. We want to know what happened to the Exile and the others who rebuilt the Jedi order. Those who agree with me and want to make a plea to Bioware please post. Thanks.

Lord of Hunger 12-18-2009 02:21 AM

I agree with you, but I don't think that the culprit is Bioware. I honestly blame LucasArts, considering Bioware actually makes good plots outside of the Star Wars universe.

But you are dead on mate.

Oh, and welcome to LucasForums.

RedHawke 12-18-2009 12:55 PM

Also note this isn't a Bioware or Lucasarts site... so your pleas to them directly are better served on their own forums. ;)

Giant Graffiti 12-18-2009 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord of Hunger (Post 2694700)
Bioware actually makes good plots outside of the Star Wars universe.

Not really, considering the fact that they re-use the same basic plot.

Ghost 12-18-2009 07:10 PM

Well TSL was better than the 1st Kotor because it was not so serious and actually had some joking and stuff. However, both plots were good and the romance in Kotor was good. So yeah, i am interested in a KOTOR 3, not a crappy MMO

purifier 12-18-2009 08:24 PM

:confused: I thought OBSIDIAN designed and developed TSL not BIOWARE.

TriggerGod 12-18-2009 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purifier (Post 2694925)
:confused: I thought OBSIDIAN designed and developed TSL not BIOWARE.

*takes note of forum and it's use*

Remember how Bioware was making this MMO set in the KOTOR era? Yeah, they're still making it. And retconning Obsidian's work on TSL. :)

Tobias Reiper 12-18-2009 08:53 PM

I still don't see why it seems broken to you guys, because think about it:
The game's far from done, and they're working on it right now, so who really knows what's going on but Bioware?
It's already incorporating a bit of TSL, how?
The Jedi, who do you think got them there?
Perhaps maybe:
Bao-Dur
Mical
Visas Marr
Mira
and Atton Rand, better known as the 'Lost Jedi'?
Also, before you say you didn't train them as jedi because you didn't feel like it needed them, it's still canon that The Exile trained each of them as Jedi (Or at least, all but one).

TKA-001 12-18-2009 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TriggerGod (Post 2694928)
Remember how Bioware was making this MMO set in the KOTOR era? Yeah, they're still making it. And retconning Obsidian's work on TSL. :)

Someone remind me what's being "retconned" again?

Hallucination 12-18-2009 09:36 PM

^Revan isn't the Star Wars D&D equivalent to a character from the Book of Weeabo Fightan Magic Nine Swords.



People who play D&D 3.5 known what I'm talking about, and they're sad I made them remember that book.

TKA-001 12-18-2009 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hallucination (Post 2694936)
^Revan isn't the Star Wars D&D equivalent to a character from the Book of Weeabo Fightan Magic Nine Swords.

That's it?

Surely there's something more.

Hallucination 12-18-2009 11:47 PM

It's the only one that sticks in mind, but there are others. You'll have to get one of the TSL/Chris Avellone lovers to give you a comprehensive list. o_Q

jrrtoken 12-19-2009 08:35 AM

TSL, who? :confused:

See how effective their marketing is?

cire992 12-19-2009 10:00 AM

Don't we already have a thread for this sort of wanton ***hattery? Not that I mind complaining about how confusing the canon is...

Darth Avlectus 12-19-2009 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TKA-001 (Post 2694931)
Someone remind me what's being "retconned" again?

When you talk to Kreia and she speaks of Revan, you say either:
The Sith teachings came from Korriban
or
The Sith teachings came from the Sith Empire

Kreia responds:
"Oh did they? Revan learned the Sith Teachings, but met no Sith Empire."

Obviously that is now retconned--but it does make her look like an even more deceitful old batwho "doesn't add up".

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tobias Reiper (Post 2694929)
I still don't see why it seems broken to you guys, because think about it:
The game's far from done, and they're working on it right now, so who really knows what's going on but Bioware?
It's already incorporating a bit of TSL, how?
The Jedi, who do you think got them there?
Perhaps maybe:
Bao-Dur
Mical
Visas Marr
Mira
and Atton Rand, better known as the 'Lost Jedi'?
Also, before you say you didn't train them as jedi because you didn't feel like it needed them, it's still canon that The Exile trained each of them as Jedi (Or at least, all but one).

The ultimate visual guide (made in 2005) and a few other canon sources also claim Handmaiden Brianna was a force sensitive who traveled with the exile--as if it wasn't already confusing enough. But who knows by now.

Zerimar Nyliram 12-20-2009 02:49 PM

I think everyone needs to calm down. The fact that they are working off of the "true Sith" mystery that has captivated for four years is proof enough that The Sith Lords is factoring into all of this (and don't start with the but-they-were-mentioned-in-the-first-game argument. That was clearly a throw-away term describing something entirely different which BioWare had no intentions of exploring). This major plot device from TSL has become the backbone of The Old Republic's story. Even if they ignore everything else from the game, they wouldn't be disregarding it completely, just not referencing it (much).

Don't worry! I have no doubt that TSL's story will still fit within continuity, even if hardly anything from the game is referenced. It's the same with the movies themselves: you can watch Attack of the Clones and go right into Revenge of the Sith without ever exposing yourself to any of the Clone Wars media, but all of that stuff still fits (well, until this new cartoon show started messing everything up, but Leeland Chee has said that it'll all be fixed eventually. I have a feeling that ensuring that TSL still fits is a top priority for him as well).

Prime 12-20-2009 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTA:SWcity (Post 2695111)
Kreia responds:
"Oh did they? Revan learned the Sith Teachings, but met no Sith Empire."

Obviously that is now retconned

Is it? I thought the new info indicated they met the Sith Emperor. In which case the statement remains true. But I admit I haven't been keeping up on every new detail.

Zerimar Nyliram 12-21-2009 11:54 AM

Yeah, the Empire and the Emperor are not the same thing. One is a geographical/political body and the other is a person. And it could well be that Revan met the Emperor alone, not knowing that he had and empire and therefore not knowing that he even was an emperor.

Hallucination 12-21-2009 02:20 PM

^It's possible, but who agrees to take over the galaxy for a random dude?

@GTA: You're quoting Kreia, the galaxy's biggest Revan fanboy and a pathological liar who didn't go with Revan into the Unknown Regions, how much more unreliable can a source get? o_Q

adamqd 12-21-2009 02:47 PM

watsonreturneth

Zerimar Nyliram 12-21-2009 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hallucination (Post 2695485)
^It's possible, but who agrees to take over the galaxy for a random dude?

Not just any random dude. This random dude would have been the true Dark Lord of the Sith and, in Revan's and Malak's minds, the one sole remainder of the Sith Order. This guy can and did bestow upon them the title of Sith Lords, and they likely returned to the galaxy with the idea of rebuilding the Sith Empire in mind.

Only little did they know that said random dude already had an empire in waiting, Revan's being but a puppet empire paving the way for the true Sith Empire's eventual return.

Darth Avlectus 12-21-2009 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hallucination (Post 2695485)
^It's possible, but who agrees to take over the galaxy for a random dude?

Only a dochenozzle. :dev9:

Quote:

@GTA: You're quoting Kreia, the galaxy's biggest Revan fanboy and a pathological liar who didn't go with Revan into the Unknown Regions, how much more unreliable can a source get? o_Q
HA! Good one.

Tobias Reiper 01-13-2010 10:23 PM

I've been thinking, and what is it that made them wait for another few hundred years until they went to the galaxy?
Did Revan kick so much sith boot-ay before he went out that they had to rebuild it?

Zerimar Nyliram 01-14-2010 12:43 PM

Probably just waiting for what they deemed was the "right time" to act, just like the Sith in the movies.

Also, is it just me, or does it annoy you when people come in here, sign up, and make a single post, whether they had good points or not? It's like, why waste your time?

Darth Avlectus 01-14-2010 02:52 PM

Well yes and no--wait and see. If it appears they might stick around and make a contribution to LF as a meber of our community I figure sticking it out and enduring a few rounds of noob foolishness is worth it. But yes it is rather agitating when we get one-hitter-quitters so to speak.

deathdisco 01-14-2010 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tobias Reiper (Post 2700696)
I've been thinking, and what is it that made them wait for another few hundred years until they went to the galaxy?
Did Revan kick so much sith boot-ay before he went out that they had to rebuild it?

That's how I'd like to think it went down. Blaze of glory baby!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zerimar Nyliram (Post 2700843)
Probably just waiting for what they deemed was the "right time" to act, just like the Sith in the movies.

I would think during the time of TSL would be perfect to invade. The Republic is weak/rebuilding, the Jedi order is all but wiped out thanks to Nihilus.
I say Revan threw a giant monkey wrench in their plans.

Zerimar Nyliram 01-14-2010 07:19 PM

Yeah, I agree with that.

Tobias Reiper 01-18-2010 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zerimar Nyliram (Post 2700843)
Probably just waiting for what they deemed was the "right time" to act, just like the Sith in the movies.

No, because as it's clearly shown in TSL, the Republic is really fragile, so that would've been the perfect time to strike.

Zerimar Nyliram 01-18-2010 08:39 PM

Look two posts up (three including this one).

Brin_Londo5 01-29-2010 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hallucination (Post 2695485)
^It's possible, but who agrees to take over the galaxy for a random dude?

@GTA: You're quoting Kreia, the galaxy's biggest Revan fanboy and a pathological liar who didn't go with Revan into the Unknown Regions, how much more unreliable can a source get? o_Q

THIS.

Seriously, that's the thing that drives me up the wall about the TSL crowd, they KNOW that Kreia lies about EVERYTHING, and yet they treat her words (no matter how self-contradictory they are) as if they descended from the heavens on fifty-foot stone slabs with flaming writing inscribed upon them, direct from Canon heaven. :argh:

Darth Avlectus 03-04-2010 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brin_Londo5 (Post 2704271)
THIS.

Seriously, that's the thing that drives me up the wall about the TSL crowd, they KNOW that Kreia lies about EVERYTHING, and yet they treat her words (no matter how self-contradictory they are) as if they descended from the heavens on fifty-foot stone slabs with flaming writing inscribed upon them, direct from Canon heaven. :argh:

First off get your head back on your shoulders.

Now let's go back and see what I orignally responded to:
Quote:

Originally Posted by TKA-001 (Post 2694931)
Someone remind me what's being "retconned" again?

To which I replied:
Quote:

Originally Posted by GTA:SWcity (Post 2695111)
When you talk to Kreia and she speaks of Revan, you say either:
The Sith teachings came from Korriban
or
The Sith teachings came from the Sith Empire

Kreia responds:
"Oh did they? Revan learned the Sith Teachings, but met no Sith Empire."

Obviously that is now retconned--but it does make her look like an even more deceitful old bat who "doesn't add up".

I don't see expressed anywhere anywhere that I take her words for gospel. I may admire how smoothly she uses deception to teach the lessons and point that she *really* wants to get accross.

However, you're going off like this,

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brin_Londo5 (Post 2704271)
Seriously, that's the thing that drives me up the wall about the TSL crowd, *snipped diatribe for brevity*

based upon your own misconception of what I'm thinking.

I may not like TSL being retconned, but if their creative team is making it fit nicely in the unknowns or the "lied about" mysteries, so as not to completely invalidate it and wipe it off the map, then I'm fine with that.

Fact is I'm neutral about the MMO, not neurotic about it. So, you don't know as much as you think you do of what I'm thinking.

kothandki 05-15-2010 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Banana (Post 2694912)
Well TSL was better than the 1st Kotor because it was not so serious and actually had some joking and stuff. However, both plots were good and the romance in Kotor was good. So yeah, i am interested in a KOTOR 3, not a crappy MMO

I'd like both. :)

Ztalker 05-18-2010 09:23 AM

http://www.freewebs.com/cortlesteeze...hreadNecro.jpg

ChAiNz.2da 05-18-2010 09:28 AM

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.p...pictureid=6347


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:31 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.