My thoughts on Sith Master difficulty [spoilers warning]
I'd like to share a few thoughts/tips with you concerning going through TFU on the hardest difficulty setting. I will only tell you what I remember, as it was a couple of weeks ago that I acually finished the game. I mean going for the achievement, i.e. starting from scratch.
1. The game is *really* annoying - one false step/move and you go back to the previous check point (only on Sith Master do you notice how inconveniently they are placed). You will toss the pad a lot. You will die a lot, too, so be prepared.
2. Tie fighter factory is fairly easy - including master Kota. No special techniques are necessary here.
3. Raxus prime - Scrap Guardians - grip and long way down obviously :) Junk titan No. 1 (the one with the generator thing at the ceiling) - get rid of the scrap guardians (after the Titan is already there) and then: either hide behind the edge and electrocute him until he's dead (easy but long way) or electrocute the 'generator' or whatever it is, which will stun him and then saber/lighning him (AXXXY). Recharge, rince and repeat. Kazdan is not that difficult as he seems at first. As far as i remember - force push him, when he is down, grab him and toss around the room (he has to hit one of the statues or equipment - walls do NOT count, as does force pushing him out of the room).
4. Felucia - either dash through the level (sometimes there are way to many Felucians) or fight them one by one (you need XP after all) - hide and run if neccesary. Rancors - get to the platform on the right side (covered on the side), grab incoming felucians, lightning grenade and toss into Rancors. For the last one, you will need to go across to the other side and electrocute him (it?) from over the edge. Master Shak Ti - force repulse, hit her while she is down and watch out for the tentacles.
5. The Empirical. Short level, but annoying. Try to attack from distance - especially from behind the door - in the escape pod room and at the end, when fighting purge trooper. Do NOT force push the door wide open. Try to grab the stormtroopers first, and throw them at the purge trooper. Then force lightning through the hole in the door and move on to the final stage. Top level - easy. Try not to go down, as there are two (or three?) purge troopers. Force lightning them from distance and stand in such a way that they do not hit you with missles. When there is only one left - go down, keep him mid-distance, i.e. not close enough for them to grab you, but not far enough to fire projecticles. If you are low on HP - kill one of the officers behind the laser gates to refill.
6. Cloud city - easy, except for the Shadow Guard. I think I just combo'ed him (use combos infusing the blade with lightning). Not sure of that - sorry.
7. Imperial Kashyyyk - watch out for jump troopers (force lighning them), when fighting AT-STs, get rid of the turrets first, then AXXXY (air combo finished with force lightning before you drop). In the skyhook stage, move slowly towards, lightning grenade whoever you can, watch out for snipers - take them out first. When going around the skyhook - snipers first, lightning grenade Purge Troopers, release the Wookies - they are a useful diversion, when there is only a Purge Trooper left. They sometimes kill them too. The final AT ST - lightning grenade until he is down.
8. Imperial Felucia - fairly easy as such - your force powers should be powered up enough now. But Maris/Rancor is just crap. One of those moments in the game when you want to get rid of the game or at least use a cheat. It is doable, however! Sorry, I do not remember how I did that. A youtube video helped me with that. As far as I remember - no jumping, lightning-infused combos and watch out for the girl. The second stage of this fight is much easier. I think I used force repulse or push and stab/combo her while she's down.
9. Imperial Raxus Prime - most of it is not really problematic. But, the further you go, to more annoying it gets. When you get to the imperial installation - kill snipers and storm troopers, force lightning the first purge trooper, go to further platforms - kill storm troopers, snipers, throw lightning grenades at Purge Troopers and force lightning them (from safe distance, of course). Same goes for the ATST and the hangar crew. As for the Star Destroyer - a piece of cake. Force lightning Tie Fighters, grab and pull the destroyer until the new wave of tie fighters starts firing. Took me 4 or 5 such waves, did that the first time. Later on it's easy until the Proxy fight, which will cause real trouble when he turns into Darth Maul. You will see the cutscene a lot :) Important thing - block. When he starts his combo - you are dead. Next - hide behind columns so that he can't lightsaber throw you. And I thing force repulse stab-while-down does the trick. Do not rush it - wait for a clear shot, otherwise - you're dead.
10. Death Star - the beginning is crappy, until you realise you don't have to fight all those guys. So - use the elevator to go up, get rid of snipers, move quickly as you can be hit with a missle and fall down. Next, jump down right to the gate/hatch on the floor, force repulse and that's it. That did the trick the first time I tried. Next - ATSTs -either force lightning from behind the edge, or fight one, but hide from the other one behind the one you are fighting. AXXXY, rince and repeat. Next get rid of the Purge Troopers on each floor, as you might get hit with a missle while fighting the guards. And here we get to the most annoying point of the game. When you go up to fight shadow guards and you die - you have to repeat the laser stage all over which really sucks. Anyway - get the sith holocron and use leaping slash for all the guards (found it on one of forums - maybe even here :) Works like a charm - really.
While fighting Vader wait for force push charge and jump behind him. Slash him with a 3-hit combo. Escape. You can even grab him, but I managed to do that only once. Lightning combos tend to work as well. Next stage of the fight - be the first to toss stuff at him and get to him for a 2-hit combo, rince and repeat.
For the final boss I chose Vader (missed the dark side achievement:) and here aerial combos are the best. Watch out, however, as you need to blow 3 hits before you punch the ground and lift Vader. What I did was I started the combo in the direction AWAY from him, only to turn around for the punch (do it far away from Vader - he will be approaching you). Good timing is essential here.
This is how I got through TFU on the hardest difficulty. Maybe there are easier ways to do that - don't know. I tried acquiring other players' techniques, as I got stuck A LOT. And yeah, I know some things may be obvious but I decided to put them here anyway (you never know who might find the hints useful).
Hope that helps some of you :)
ps. Yesterday I got my final achievement for the TFU - yay :)
Sith Master really wasn't that bad if you really understand how to exploit every opponent's weakness.
You should try Sidious to see if you can do it. :D
Well, I haven't fought Sidious on sith master (did that three times on other difficulty settings though), Vader took me long enough. :D And since I have unlocked all the achievements - I will not fight either of them any more (in the forseeable future ;)
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:36 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2015 - All rights reserved.