LucasForums

LucasForums (http://www.lucasforums.com/index.php)
-   Tython Temple (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=732)
-   -   Patch 1.2 (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=209707)

Fortypopper 03-09-2012 12:48 PM

Patch 1.2

Who is excited for the new changes?

CrisG 03-19-2012 08:09 PM

When is the patch coming? i had a major update that wanted to install night before last but i did not have enough room on my HD for it to install, was that the update?

Miltiades 03-19-2012 08:49 PM

Hehe, no, patch 1.2 is one massive update coming up in April. :)

CrisG 03-19-2012 09:29 PM

ah Ok thanks. i guess that was just a re load of some files...i head that happens at times.

Scorge 03-20-2012 07:32 AM

Update 1.2 is going to be BIGG!!!! Im playing my bounty hunter while I wait for it, my sith warrior just has to wait.

CrisG 03-20-2012 04:56 PM

Well hopefully when it arrives i will be more experienced and less of a novice at all of this so I can enjoy it. thanks.

BIG = Good :)

Lynk Former 03-20-2012 11:43 PM

I've played through some of 1.2 on the public test server, got up to lv10 and have my Vanguard sitting on the fleet station.

There's a lot to say about the update and you'll find that the changes are very obvious for the most part. The absolute first thing I did was open up the UI editor and spent about an hour and a half tinkering with EVERYTHING. Of course, it doesn't end there, you'll end up tinkering with the UI periodically as you play to get it just right...

That said, this all depends on whether or not you're daunted by the UI customization options to begin with. It does seem pretty complex when you begin but you get the hang of it after a while.

The UI editor also has a few issues too. You can't align stuff with each other and you can't snap UI elements together. It can also get tedious at times when you realise that some elements aren't as customizable as you'd want them to be. One such element that gets in the way and doesn't seem to fit anywhere.

It'll take awhile but I'm sure a lot of folks will come up with some great custom UIs which we will be able to share with each other... I know I'm gonna share mine on here.

Anyway, I'll share some more at a later time and post up a screenshot of my custom UI which I just creates for the lulz.

Darth Avlectus 03-21-2012 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynk Former (Post 2808105)
I've played through some of 1.2 on the public test server, got up to lv10 and have my Vanguard sitting on the fleet station.

There's a lot to say about the update and you'll find that the changes are very obvious for the most part. The absolute first thing I did was open up the UI editor and spent about an hour and a half tinkering with EVERYTHING. Of course, it doesn't end there, you'll end up tinkering with the UI periodically as you play to get it just right...

That said, this all depends on whether or not you're daunted by the UI customization options to begin with. It does seem pretty complex when you begin but you get the hang of it after a while.

The UI editor also has a few issues too. You can't align stuff with each other and you can't snap UI elements together. It can also get tedious at times when you realise that some elements aren't as customizable as you'd want them to be. One such element that gets in the way and doesn't seem to fit anywhere.

It'll take awhile but I'm sure a lot of folks will come up with some great custom UIs which we will be able to share with each other... I know I'm gonna share mine on here.

Anyway, I'll share some more at a later time and post up a screenshot of my custom UI which I just creates for the lulz.

I realize clicking armor and such into place and making wrestlers are two different things BUT is it comparable overall with create-a-wrestler of smackdown games?

Lynk Former 03-21-2012 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Avlectus (Post 2808180)
I realize clicking armor and such into place and making wrestlers are two different things BUT is it comparable overall with create-a-wrestler of smackdown games?

...what?

adamqd 03-22-2012 11:42 AM

I'm none too Happy about Valor and Battlemaster, that 63 Valor and 6 Pieces of BM gear I've slaved and raged to get was worthless... But the Crew skills is a small step in the right direction, I'd guess within the next year we'll have something that resembles an in game economy.

mimartin 03-22-2012 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adamqd (Post 2808209)
But the Crew skills is a small step in the right direction, I'd guess within the next year we'll have something that resembles an in game economy.

Economy...I like it now, I get to laugh a Lynk for being broke all the time, while I'm walking around with over a million credits. :xp:

I just can't wait for 1.2 when my smuggler can go traitor and send her step-sister agent some credits. The Agent is more like Lynk's trooper and always broke. :)

Lynk Former 03-22-2012 03:51 PM

You're gonna want to be really good friends with my Armourmech skilled Vanguard come 1.2 since your fashion (with bonus augment slots) revolves around how many awesome schematics I can get :xp:

Darth Avlectus 03-22-2012 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynk Former (Post 2808188)
...what?

I knew this was going to be confusing...Sorry if I am clueless, bear with me...
The way you generally described the customization of TOR is how I'd describe smackdown's create a wrestler, seems complex at first but once you start using it, the feature gets to be a snap to use. I would say it also sounds like armored core's customization but I've never played it. >.>

I guess more specifically, does it have multi axial adjustment to sizes and shapes of objects that you customize? I.E. changing angles of a toroidal shape? Can you mix and match parts (like armor and outfits for example)?

Lynk Former 03-22-2012 04:32 PM

I'm talking about the User Interface customisation, not armour customisation. With that you can only really adjust size and position and whether it's active or not and a few other little options like flipping it horizontally for a couple of the UI elements.

Darth Avlectus 03-22-2012 04:46 PM

Ah okay. Thanks. Now that makes sense,

Show spoiler

mimartin 03-22-2012 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynk Former (Post 2808220)
You're gonna want to be really good friends with my Armourmech skilled Vanguard come 1.2 since your fashion (with bonus augment slots) revolves around how many awesome schematics I can get :xp:

Seem to remember something about being friends with your Sith having to do with my agent being broke. :xp:

Lynk Former 03-22-2012 08:13 PM

Your agent isn't broke. STOP WHINING!

Mav 03-22-2012 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adamqd (Post 2808209)
I'm none too Happy about Valor and Battlemaster, that 63 Valor and 6 Pieces of BM gear I've slaved and raged to get was worthless...

I've not played any MMO's (re:WoW) other than SWTOR, but it is my understanding that this is how it works, as new tiers of gear are introduced the previous tiers become more easily accessible. So I wouldn't consider it surprising and I welcome the changes. Having just recently made it to Valor 65, it'll be nice to be able to gear up my alts for PVP in an easier manner than it was for my main.

adamqd 03-23-2012 01:59 PM

This is How it works? lol, I dont pay a subscription to take one in the rear "cus thats how it is", (Sorry that pissed me off) But anyway, I've only played games where you craft your own gear, with certain implants and jewelry that are lootable/earned, I'm new to this type of gear setup

Pho3nix 03-23-2012 04:10 PM

Yup that's basically how it works... though usually not THAT often

Lynk Former 03-23-2012 05:03 PM

Oh yeah... this is what happens when you just start moving UI elements around like crazy for no apparent reason...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6..._41_370372.jpg

Fortypopper 03-28-2012 02:40 PM

Bounty Hunter Bodygaurd healers are getting gutted. BAD.

CrisG 03-28-2012 06:30 PM

I read some of the speeders are going away, i hope not ALL Of them as i had hoped for getting one when i get rich...they look cool.

Mav 03-28-2012 09:22 PM

a few of the larger land speeders are being removed from the game, not all of them though.

Lynk Former 03-28-2012 11:16 PM

The landspeeders that are being removed are being replaced with other ones so I'm guessing BioWare are gonna cycle through different models at different periods of times.

Fortypopper 03-29-2012 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mav (Post 2808601)
a few of the larger land speeders are being removed from the game, not all of them though.

I hope the big ones that are always coverering the PVP terminals are removed lol

Taak Farst 03-29-2012 04:39 PM

Anyone know if you can add companions to your legacy? I kinda want to have Ashara as my Assassin's spouse?

Lynk Former 03-29-2012 05:50 PM

You can't add companions or characters created by other players to your family tree

Pho3nix 04-12-2012 11:27 AM

I have to say the UI customization tool is pretty confusing... I'm gonna have to tweak the **** out of it to make it look like the default WoW UI :p

Lynk Former 04-12-2012 12:00 PM

It is confusing at first but it'll start making sense after awhile... also, for folks who haven't seen, we have a thread where you can share your custom interfaces: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=209972

:p

DarthParametric 04-13-2012 08:16 AM

You are one of our most active and valued high level players and we know you have been waiting patiently for Game Update 1.2: Legacy. To show our appreciation, check out all the great new features this update has to offer-on us. We will be adding an additional 30 days of game time to your account at no charge.

I'm one of the most active and valued - who knew? I guess that means all their other 50s quit?

mimartin 04-13-2012 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthParametric (Post 2809823)
I'm one of the most active and valued - who knew? I guess that means all their other 50s quit?

I guess not, I'm also guessing it isn't so special either since I recieved the same email. 30 days and a Tauntaun Ram Pet*, I'm honored. :zz1:

adamqd 04-13-2012 08:41 AM

Its to stop all the 50's quiting after the ranked warzones went poof for the update, all alt-aholics (Who dont have 50's) arent being given free time.

DarthParametric 04-13-2012 09:14 AM

I just found the "most active" thing kind of hilarious seeing as I haven't logged in for nigh on 2 months.

Lynk Former 04-13-2012 09:32 AM

Was wondering where you were, after awhile I just assumed you had unsubscribed and was done with the game entirely.

DarthParametric 04-13-2012 09:40 AM

Got bored levelling the Inquisitor, and the guild was mostly off playing Republic. Plus I had work and such to deal with. Cancelled my sub, but I'd bought 6 months worth, so I still have a valid account until the end of June. Or end of July now I guess with the free month. I figured I'd wait until 1.2 came out and poke my nose back in for a look. Doesn't sound like anything terribly exciting, although it seems there are a few things that would have been handy to have at launch.

adamqd 04-13-2012 01:09 PM

Its all gone Boom if you didn't know btw. Someone deleted whole areas of the game so they gotta rebuild some stuff lol.

DarthParametric 04-13-2012 01:16 PM

Yeah I saw some post on Twitter saying that the guild banks were wiped out along with millions of credits. Some happy campers on the official forums no doubt.

adamqd 04-13-2012 01:18 PM

Its a Cluster-f of biblical proportions over there man, There will be some blood and tears for Bioware over the next few days.

mimartin 04-13-2012 01:23 PM

HAHAHAHAHA...I fronted Lynk the money for the guild bank and deposited 20K.

Guess I really do need to start doing dailies religiously again.

I'm just worried about my trooper, level 38 and I saved her in a unsafe area last night. :xp: