LucasForums

LucasForums (http://www.lucasforums.com/index.php)
-   The Outlander Club (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=623)
-   -   Bethesda Softworks presents: Fus Ro Dah Online (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=210078)

Sabretooth 05-05-2012 01:30 AM

Bethesda Softworks presents: Fus Ro Dah Online

Distributed in some territories as 'The Elder Scrolls Online' and 'Elder Scrolls, but Not Skyrim'.

View page
YouTube Video

Screenshots

Releasing 2013 for PC and Mac, developed by ZeniMax Online Studios and not Bethesda Softworks.

Details, courtesy Neogaf:

Show spoiler

More details incoming at the obligatory Game Informer hub site place thing.

Taak Farst 05-05-2012 03:56 AM

Lord, how terrible.

Red Hessian 05-05-2012 04:06 AM

Aaaand another great RPG series is being turned into an MMO... fantastic. :rolleyes:

Taak Farst 05-05-2012 04:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Hessian (Post 2811136)
Aaaand another great RPG series is being turned into an MMO... fantastic. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I think we need more of them, you know? I mean, it's not like there are so many to pick from already. Nor is there ANY chance that this will be dead and buried at some point, due to such a widespread of current existing MMOs. /le sarcasm ^_^

Achilles 05-05-2012 04:23 AM

Kiss ESVI goodbye. MMO means SPRPG franchise is dead. Probably not the worst way to go.

Taak Farst 05-05-2012 04:53 AM

It does certainly look very grim for the Single Player RPG. Even though I personally think MMOs are like maggots. Noone wants them around, but they keep turning up -_-

Sabretooth 05-05-2012 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Achilles (Post 2811139)
Kiss ESVI goodbye. MMO means SPRPG franchise is dead. Probably not the worst way to go.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taak Farst (Post 2811140)
It does certainly look very grim for the Single Player RPG. Even though I personally think MMOs are like maggots. Noone wants them around, but they keep turning up -_-

Not necessarily. For one, the team making TESO is ZeniMax Online Studios, while Bethesda is only handling the publishing (and presumably lending support in creative department). TESO has been in development since 2007.

Gargoyle King 05-05-2012 07:17 AM

Yes! Finally now we can experience game breaking bugs together! :D

I have always loved The Elder Scrolls, so much that i'm actually playing Morrowind again (my personal favourite) though i won't be getting this, i'm not a fan of translating a successful single player franchise into an MMO i just don't think it works.

mimartin 05-05-2012 08:32 AM

No Mods, No Play!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taak Farst (Post 2811140)

Somebody is playing them or they wouldn't be making them. Personally I believe a MMO is cheaper for me to play than a standard game. TOR has already saved me money since the only game I've played since buying it is ME3. $15 a month is cheaper than $60 or $120.

Taak Farst 05-05-2012 10:36 AM

Yeah, people are playing them, I know. I am playing World of WarCraft and SWTOR respectively. My point is, that there is too many bog standard MMOs, which is why a lot of them fail, because they bring nothing new to the MMO genre. MMORPGs need originality or they will die out. It's a known fact SWTOR logins are in decline. World of Warcraft subs are going down. Many MMOs including LOTR and Aion have gone or are going free to play. There is nothing innovative or in any way new about this Elder Scrolls MMO, and such I think this won't see much greener pastures.

Red Hessian 11-12-2012 11:35 AM

Not really my cup of tea, but I'll post it here nonetheless.

View page
YouTube Video

Sylthar 12-16-2012 06:58 PM

So... the Elder Scrolls... without Talos... without the Cyrodillic Empire... the first Aldmeri Dominion, which is totally different from the Aldmeri Dominion that we know... yeah... I think this game will be going south, unless 90% of the players (which I'm sure will be the truth) have no idea what the lore behind this is.

I mean I'll try it out, but I'm sorry, I just can't see the Elder Scrolls without Talos... I guess we really will be doing as the Second Aldmeri Dominon wants... worshipping the Eight. :rolleyes: Damned Elves always get their way. :xp:

Please tell me we'll still have Vampirism and some form of Lycanthropy...:raise:

Dak Drexl 12-16-2012 09:26 PM

Sounds... stupid :confused:

Red Hessian 10-19-2013 04:15 AM

Looks... surprisingly good.

View page
YouTube Video

Taak Farst 10-19-2013 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Hessian (Post 2838917)
Looks... surprisingly good.

Indeed it does, and I would expect no less. To be honest, I prefer how characters look in this than they do in Skyrim. In fact, it is the first TES game I consider to have good looking characters. That, and I could even say I prefer the general graphic style

Tigersong 11-01-2013 07:05 PM

Oh good, the Khajiit *don't* look like they have the Mange.