LucasForums

LucasForums (http://www.lucasforums.com/index.php)
-   Tython Temple (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=732)
-   -   So who's still playing? (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=210237)

swphreak 06-04-2012 10:33 PM

So who's still playing?

I hear TOR will be F2P up to level 15 in July. I was wondering how many people still played?

I stopped playing after the first month or two due to loss of interest and other games coming along. I love the engaging stories and fully voiced NPCs, but in the end, it still feels the same as any other MMO I've played.

Lynk Former 06-04-2012 10:38 PM

I haven't stopped playing, been doing a hell of a lot of stuff with other folks from this forum as well as folks we've met on the Vornskr server.

Having lots of fun.

Rogue15 06-04-2012 10:42 PM

still playing, 2nd month had a break in play for like 2 weeks cause a bulb in my laptop went out. It's my favorite game. I do find myself missing moments in SWG. but that's cause i played that game for like 6 years.

Miltiades 06-04-2012 10:46 PM

Yep still playing. I'm pretty slow levelling up, but now got two level 50's and it'll be fun teaming up for the endgame stuff.

Also, still really want to do some of the classes, so it'll keep me busy for some time, I think.

Rogue15 06-04-2012 11:52 PM

so glad the class stories are all different...that's one thing about swg i only had 2 characters, and leveling up was such a grinding headache.

Alexrd 06-05-2012 03:42 AM

Apparently I'll be back on July.

However, does anyone know what happens when you reach level 15? Can you still play, although you stop leveling up? Or do they block the game until you pay for a subscription?

adamqd 06-05-2012 03:47 AM

I have subscriptions, but I haven't played for about 3 weeks, and I'll probably give it a miss until 1.3, not because I listen to the "its going f2p" or "it will be dead in a year" Poo-prophets, but because I have a 50, and don't intend to roll alts now server transfers are coming.

The game is incomplete (Expected to a degree, as its relatively new for an MMO) But its certainly not bad, and it has the potential to be Great, and to be around for a long time, f2p maybe, but still around.

mimartin 06-05-2012 10:23 AM

Still playing since day one. Have two level 50 toons, if they would remove Hoth I would have one on the Imp side too.

Lynk Former 06-05-2012 10:34 AM

You cry too much about Hoth :p it's such an easy planet to get through.

mimartin 06-05-2012 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynk Former (Post 2813222)
You cry too much about Hoth :p it's such an easy planet to get through.

never said it wasn't easy...It is just boring. :bored:

adamqd 06-05-2012 12:05 PM

But there is snow n stuff...

Canderis 06-05-2012 12:35 PM

I'm waiting for 1.3 now as well. I really don't care about the endgame stuff so much so I NEED the leveling legacy perks for my alts. I hate those side quests so much.i just want to play the class, flash points, and the odd pvp game to level, maybe the planet story quests too...

Prime 06-05-2012 03:17 PM

I'm still playing, although I'm being distracted by other things, games included. TOR is fun, but for me right now it is a single player game. Seems that most of the multiplayer action happens after the end game at level 50 (pve anyway), which I can't be a part of currently. Who knows when I'll get that far. Right now I feel like I am missing out a bit.

The combat is fun, and they do a good job making the grindy work not seem grindy, but I wish there was a lot more interaction with my companions, a la KOTOR. It feels more like NWN were they are hired henchmen that mainly just fight for you and do the dirty work. I guess that should be replaced by other players, but so far that hasn't really happened with me.

I keep flip flopping on whether to keep paying or not. Most of the updates seem to cater to lvl50 players, so I don't care that much about those at this point. There are bugs that I wish would get fixed first (lightsabers!). But like I say I really do enjoy the game, its just a cost/benefit thing. For now I'll keep playing though...

Lynk Former 06-05-2012 03:46 PM

Well I would play with you if I had characters that were around your level XD

mimartin 06-05-2012 04:30 PM

Prime get to Belsavis and I'll roll my trooper with you. Also have my Synthweaving up, so I can make you some decent equipment as you level. I would say I'd catch up with you on my last republic class, but it is also a knight and I've promised the meatbags I'd get my agent to 50 next. Something about making her a healer too.

Once you even get to Hoth, I'll come back there and play your quest with you. Trooper played most of the game with Lynk, so she is not over-leveled. Pretty sure she is level 40.

Char Ell 06-06-2012 10:20 AM

Still playing but re-rolled on an RP server now. My guild has gone kaputzski and I finally got tired enough of seeing names that IMHO have no place in the SW universe (Cauknokker, Sexualchocolate, Eatmypanties). I should have rolled on an RP server from the start as I originally planned but the guild I joined pre-launch that had originally advertised themselves as RP decided to switch to PvE not too long after I joined and I decided to stick with them. Now that they're mostly gone or moved on to other guilds I've decided it's time to run with the RP crowd.

Lynk Former 06-06-2012 11:09 AM

You should also join us on Vornskr... it's PvE, but it has the people you know from this forum on there and we're all having a lot of fun together :p

mimartin 06-06-2012 11:13 AM

Also haven't seen many stupid names on Vornskr, but then again I turned the name plates off. Makes the game more enjoyable, but does cause me to follow the wrong boat at times when in a group with Lynk.

Miltiades 06-06-2012 02:33 PM

Nah, there are some weird and stupid names on Vornskr as well. Turned the name plates off as well.

Pho3nix 06-06-2012 02:54 PM

I would but my laptop has gotten continuously worse at running games... **** sucks

Rogue15 06-06-2012 03:59 PM

i got stuck on the end of act 1 on my agent...had to bail out and go to another world, ended up with full sets of broken equipment, no credits...flew to dromund kaas to go ape**** on some low level npcs and get some credits to repair my stuff, then flew to nar shaddaa to do kaliyo's quest and stumbled on the bonus quest series, that boss is going to pay when i get back there. lol

Sith Holocron 06-09-2012 04:35 AM

Is it true that you'll be able to move characters from one server to another soon? I'm not liking the one I'm currently on - Telos Restoration Project - and I think the Mrs and I might like a change.

Alexrd 06-09-2012 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sith Holocron (Post 2813561)
Is it true that you'll be able to move characters from one server to another soon?

Yes.

adamqd 06-09-2012 05:43 AM

Yes, the 12th of June it begins... But, your server must be dead, and you must go to a same type server. The choice to go where you want and to swap server type will come with a price at a later point, maybe summer, which is when I'll be moving... Most of my Characters are on PVP servers, but since playing this game my choice of pastime has had to be altered, so I want to go to an RP server.

Qui-Don Jorn 06-09-2012 06:03 PM

Still playing..still loving it. My Sage is 50th, Sorceror is 24th, and my Knight is 21st. There really isn't many ppl on the server I'm on, and it does start feeling like a single player game sometimes, which can actually be a bit annoying since it's an MMO....

Lynk Former 06-09-2012 06:18 PM

Everyone should join Vornskr :carms:

Qui-Don Jorn 06-09-2012 06:33 PM

...ppft...sign me up!

Miltiades 06-10-2012 11:36 AM

With the Character Transfer coming up, you might be able to... Hopefully Vornskr's one of the go-to servers.

adamqd 06-10-2012 01:30 PM

Like an anus, I leveled my high level toons on PVP servers, so I'll have to wait until paid transfers to move to Vornskr :(

Tommycat 06-11-2012 04:24 PM

Interestingly enough, I just quit.

I love the story.
Loved the voice acting.
I liked the combat mechanics.
in fact loved quite a bit about the game. Which made these two big letdowns all the worse for me, as they were my favorite activities in SWG. And Crafting was always my favorite in all MMO's.
Crafting made me want to beat my hands with a sledgehammer so I would quit trying it, only to realize I could probably do it by simply smashing my face on the keyboard. To me t felt like someone said, "What some people don't like to fight? Oh lets give them this cheap non-combat thing that needs combat to do anything.

Space on the other hand(bloody stump where my hands used to be), was even worse. It was like they said "You know what? You want space so bad, have this. Now shut up and eat your SWTOR!"

Lynk Former 06-11-2012 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tommycat (Post 2813699)
Interestingly enough, I just quit.

I love the story.
Loved the voice acting.
I liked the combat mechanics.
in fact loved quite a bit about the game. Which made these two big letdowns all the worse for me, as they were my favorite activities in SWG. And Crafting was always my favorite in all MMO's.
Crafting made me want to beat my hands with a sledgehammer so I would quit trying it, only to realize I could probably do it by simply smashing my face on the keyboard. To me t felt like someone said, "What some people don't like to fight? Oh lets give them this cheap non-combat thing that needs combat to do anything.

Space on the other hand(bloody stump where my hands used to be), was even worse. It was like they said "You know what? You want space so bad, have this. Now shut up and eat your SWTOR!"

...wut? I don't really understand why these would be reasons to quit the game. I haven't done any space missions in months, if you don't want to do them then you don't have to at all, it's COMPLETELY optional.

As for crafting, I've been getting a lot out of crafting and have crafted lots of things for folks in my guild as well as a lot of stuff for myself. I've specialized in Armourmech and Armstech with two of my Republic toons and they're very helpful to everyone.

Crafting is also being expanded in future updates and there will also be more space missions added to the game which you can choose NOT to play too ;)

Canderis 06-11-2012 11:10 PM

I wish i could go to the LFN server but im stuck on another my friend irl played on until he quit. Its a terrible server but im too far along to restart. Its a pvp-rp server too....

Lynk Former 06-11-2012 11:29 PM

You still can start a new toon and legacy on Vornskr :p it's the place to be. Our guilds are active and have an alliance with other guilds on that server too so there's plenty to do.

Everyone should join Vornskr.

Rogue15 06-12-2012 09:32 AM

i'll transfer whenever/ifever it lets me. space slug is such a boring server!!

adamqd 06-12-2012 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynk Former (Post 2813702)
...wut? I don't really understand why these would be reasons to quit the game. I haven't done any space missions in months, if you don't want to do them then you don't have to at all, it's COMPLETELY optional.
Crafting is also being expanded in future updates and there will also be more space missions added to the game which you can choose NOT to play too ;)

Judging by his past in SWG and his YT-1300 avatar I think he means he wants to play Space, but its such an incomplete after-thought on rails, he wants to damage himself :)

The same goes for crafting (Again, don't want to beat the SWG gong over and over again) but when you have crafted in SWG, anything else is laughable.

mimartin 06-12-2012 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canderis (Post 2813708)
I wish i could go to the LFN server but im stuck on another my friend irl played on until he quit. Its a terrible server but im too far along to restart. Its a pvp-rp server too....

What Lynk wrote...The Walking Carpets or the Imperial Meatbags can help you get back on track. Although with all honesty, would be way easier on the Republic side.

Like Lynk wrote he is Armourmech and Armstech & I'm BioChem and Synthweaving, so if you or anyone in the guild needs anything all you have to do is ask. We also have people in the guild that are more than willing to fly across the galaxy to help you out if a particular boss or quest is giving you trouble. Mav and Lynk rescued me as I leveled my first toon and I know I have gone to help a few members having problems.

I still have the Jedi Knight to go on the republic side, so if you do decide to come over to Vornskr, I'm more then will to start level her up in case you wanted to do flashpoints or heroics, but from what I've seen with the knight bosses, I may be the one calling for help... :xp:

Any LF member that is still playing, come to Vornskr and I promise I will be more than willing to help you level and/or get geared in anyway I'm capable of helping.

Can you tell I want to keep my Legacy name. :xp:

Seriously though, Lynk is right about our alliance with other guilds...Once you get over 50 there is a lot to do, but it requires people to do it with. We have fallen into the perfect situation with our alliance. They are great people and very fun to do ops/flashpoints with. A couple of them will really tick you off by how good they are at playing this game and how bad you play compared to them, but they are very humble, patient and fun to play with. I have learned a lot playing with the group and I have gotten geared up almost enough to play with Lynk, Jeff, Kus and Mav. :xp:

Oh, I don't do space mission... Do them enough to get my Flygirl title and then I'm done. Don't you get that by doing one quest. :D

Lynk Former 06-12-2012 03:46 PM

@ adam: BioWare has said plenty of times that they get that people want more out of the space missions which is why they'll be vastly expanding them in the future sometime to something which isn't an on-rails Starfox clone.

I'm a fan of the X-Wing and Rogue Squadron games so the space stuff is important to me too, I've played through all of the space missions and know the like the back of my hand but now I've just stopped playing them cause they're not what I want at all.

As for the crafting, yes, it's not what it should be, but like everything else in the game it's always being improved upon. Crafting used to SUCK but it has since gotten better with the 1.2 update. I've done a lot more to help out my guild by crafting augments for them, oh as well as PVP armour as well... now in 1.3 I'll be able to do much more by crafting augment kits which is going to be a high value crafting job which could easily be sold for quite a lot of money on the GTN.

New armour sets are being added too so, as I said, things are improving, it just takes time.

Finally just adding to what mim's saying. We really have a great thing going on on Vornskr. While our two guilds on both sides of the faction line, The Walking Carpets and Imperialist Meatbags are mostly made up of casual players, we're a part of a larger set of guilds who are all supporting each other when it comes to endgame content. We've gotten to know these folks and they're basically just feel like they're an extension of our guild.

adamqd 06-12-2012 03:56 PM

I'm not ****ting on TOR, I'm just taking a guess at Tommycat's meaning, I'd like good space but Its secondary to transfers and post-player-creation customisation, and I dont care about crafting in this game so its futile to want something they wont implement.
I like TOR :)

As for Vornskr I'm not gonna roll any more alts man, I can't stomach 50 more levels of side quests lol, I already have a couple of 50's. I will definitely move one to Vornskr when the paid transfers come.

Lynk Former 06-12-2012 04:01 PM

I never said you didn't like TOR :p I was just saying that if stuff isn't up to scratch now, it won't stay like that forever, improvements are always being made. I just don't get it when people think that the game is set in stone and nothing in it will change when so much has already changed in the last few months already.

XD As for levelling... I'm taking ALL of my 8 toons to 50... but only really taking two of them through all the endgame stuff, one on each side.

adamqd 06-12-2012 04:23 PM

Some stuff certainly wont be implemented, unless they do a reverse-NGE, but I already knew that when I signed on :)