LucasForums

LucasForums (http://www.lucasforums.com/index.php)
-   The Unknown Regions (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=631)
-   -   Neutral? (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=210553)

CptPriceless 08-25-2012 07:31 PM

Neutral?

If another KotOR game was to come out, would you guys like to have a new "moral-affiliation?" In KotOR 1 and 2 there was light and dark, but indirectly in the game - I say indirectly because you can make neutral choices, but you gain no light-dark shifts - there was no neutral, or gray.

So is having neutral a plus? Or would it make the game unnecessarily convoluted?

Sithspecter 08-26-2012 12:17 AM

I think that it would be unnecessary, and really wouldn't make sense. You don't get points for staying on the fence, and you also have to have somewhere to start. Do you get extra stuff from starting out neutral?

Fallen Guardian 08-26-2012 10:57 AM

Well in KotOR II if you do actually manage to stay neutral well into the game your companions actually take note of it, which is pretty interesting.

But I think honestly you're going to have to take some sort of side at some point. Being neutral even at the end might be just... odd.

CptPriceless 08-26-2012 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sithspecter (Post 2817200)
Do you get extra stuff from starting out neutral?

I always thought you would get extra stuff from maintaining neutrality. Perhaps wisdom from experiencing both sides? Ionno.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fallen Guardian (Post 2817226)
Well in KotOR II if you do actually manage to stay neutral well into the game your companions actually take note of it, which is pretty interesting.

Really? O.O How exactly do your party members react?

90SK 08-26-2012 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sithspecter (Post 2817200)
I think that it would be unnecessary, and really wouldn't make sense. You don't get points for staying on the fence, and you also have to have somewhere to start. Do you get extra stuff from starting out neutral?

I disagree. I think a neutral or third path would be an interesting feature, and would certainly make for more ways to play the game (or replay it).

Hallucination 08-26-2012 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CptPriceless (Post 2817234)
I always thought you would get extra stuff from maintaining neutrality. Perhaps wisdom from experiencing both sides? Ionno.

Really? O.O How exactly do your party members react?

For one thing Kreia won't let you get a prestige class until you pick a side.

TKA-001 08-26-2012 10:54 PM

The vision cave on Korriban also won't let you in until you have a strong Force alignment.

JCarter426 08-26-2012 11:08 PM

And triggering Nihilus' introduction takes longer. Obsidian really didn't want you to remain neutral. I can see why considering the game design, I guess.

But two recurring themes were that everyone sees Jedi and Sith as the same, and the True Sith are so bad that both sides will want to destroy them, and may need to join forces to do so. So I'd say neutral could bring an interesting perspective. Kreia was neutral and she got to be a powerful Force user. :carms:

Darth Avlectus 08-26-2012 11:42 PM

In K2 you can keep your alignment gray/neutral, but so far as content you are still forced to choose one way or another at the end of each planet. Or else the game does not go an further.

Show spoiler