LucasForums

LucasForums (http://www.lucasforums.com/index.php)
-   LucasForums Poll (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=607)
-   -   Worse Thing About the Galaxy Far, Far Away? (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=211941)

mimartin 02-26-2013 03:50 PM

Worse Thing About the Galaxy Far, Far Away?
 
So what is the worse thing about the Star Wars (movie cannon)?

Worse Thing About the Galaxy Far, Far Away?
1. Jar Jar Binks
2. Kid Anakin
3. Hayden Christensen
4. The Dialogue
5. The Love Story
6. The Edits
7. Holiday Special
8. Other
9. Yoda

View page
YouTube Video

Alexrd 02-26-2013 05:02 PM

No Ewoks? This is very biased... ;)

P.S: I voted Other for the Ewoks and the EU in general.

mimartin 02-26-2013 05:04 PM

Yeah...I had thought of Ewoks and then somehow left the off the list. :) My bad.

Bob Saget 02-26-2013 08:20 PM

Of all the bad things on this list - Jar Jar, Kid Anakin, the Love Story, Hayden Christensen takes the cake solely for his miserable acting...

Sam Spain 02-26-2013 09:32 PM

The worst parts of the prequels are pretty bad. The holiday special is much worse though. It should be considered a form of torture.

Darth Avlectus 02-27-2013 01:32 AM

Other: Can't make up their minds and keep retconning stuff.

Yea the ewoks might have been a money grab but I'll never vote against them. I know someone who played a few ewoks. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0734690/

Red Hessian 02-27-2013 04:01 AM

Pity we can only pick one. Jar Jar I guess then.

Pho3nix 02-27-2013 04:27 AM

I would have to say the script and dialogue the actors had to work with in the prequel trilogy.

Jar Jar in the movies is actually pretty tame compared to the Clone Wars show...

duster 02-27-2013 07:52 AM

For sure the script.Kid Anakin isn't that anoyng and Haiden played a good part as him but the cheesy script is out of place.For example when Anakin tells Padme that he murdered the sand people,she acts as if nothing didn't happen.As if mass murder is something normal.The love story is nice but again the script ruins it.In the original trilogy there wasn't that "Romeo and Juliet" talk.Leia straight forwardly sait to Han that she loves him and instead if him repeating it,they even changed his line(by his suggestion).

Miltiades 02-27-2013 08:45 AM

I'm going to have to go with the script as well. Hayden Christensen and Jar Jar Binks, to name a few bad things, are in my opinion only symptoms of a badly written and badly directed couple of movies.

Darth_Calo 02-27-2013 11:22 AM

I must profess my ignorance to what this "Holiday Special" is. I guess I can count myself lucky.

Also, this seems a poll where the including of a "Yoda" option is misplaced, although I already realize by saying this I'd be better off speaking to a wall.

Mandalore5 02-27-2013 11:49 AM

While the script in some parts is truly dreadful, I voted for other because I simply hate the Clone Wars (not the event, the TV show) - seriously, the New Mandalorians make me want to kill things.

mimartin 02-27-2013 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth_Calo (Post 2828705)
Also, this seems a poll where the including of a "Yoda" option is misplaced, although I already realize by saying this I'd be better off speaking to a wall.

It is called having a sense of humor. :D This isn't a serious business thread, sorry I just don't take a internet forum discussion about trival things very serious.

Lynk Former 02-27-2013 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth_Calo (Post 2828705)
Also, this seems a poll where the including of a "Yoda" option is misplaced, although I already realize by saying this I'd be better off speaking to a wall.

I'll make sure to call for a permaban of mim at the next administrator's meeting over this Yoda option fiasco.

Totenkopf 02-27-2013 01:46 PM

View page
YouTube Video

Better than Xmas special, though not quite as funny as I'd remembered....

As to poll, don't know as some of those options were equally rank.

Jamps 02-27-2013 02:32 PM

I believe I'm in the minority and liked the idea of "Kid Anakin." But hey, I was a kid when it came out..

The edits have to stop though. I'm sure when I'm old and grey, they will remaster EPIII to the way it was in Lucas' "original vision."

acdcfanbill 02-27-2013 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mimartin (Post 2828711)
It is called having a sense of humor. :D This isn't a serious business thread, sorry I just don't take a internet forum discussion about trival things very serious.

Mim, your sense of humor needs to be taken out back and shot. I'll vote for your expulsion at then next bimillennial meeting.

mimartin 02-27-2013 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acdcfanbill (Post 2828721)
Mim, your sense of humor needs to be taken out back and shot. I'll vote for your expulsion at then next bimillennial meeting.

I will be the wall. :xp:

Darth_Calo 02-27-2013 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mimartin (Post 2828711)
It is called having a sense of humor. :D This isn't a serious business thread, sorry I just don't take a internet forum discussion about trival things very serious.

I have a sense of humor. I was merely saying, In a poll listing things that are horrible, "yoda" sticks out like a sore thumb as "not belonging".

A suggested alternative: Podracing; The Trade Federation; Jango Fett; Kid Boba

Because Yoda is awesome.

And I looked up the Holiday Special. I have no words.

mimartin 02-27-2013 05:43 PM

Yoda opinion is a LF tradition and I am a traditional kind of guy.

The plan was to ban anyone that voted Yoda, so that is why the poll is public. :xp:

As to the holiday special, I posted a link to the best/worse part. :)

Col_Zechs 02-28-2013 12:37 AM

Hayden Christensen: You shall not take her from me!
Horrible lol

duster 02-28-2013 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mimartin (Post 2828725)
Yoda opinion is a LF tradition and I am a traditional kind of guy.

The plan was to ban anyone that voted Yoda, so that is why the poll is public. :xp:

As to the holiday special, I posted a link to the best/worse part. :)

Actualy it can be taken serious because in the Prequel Trilogy Yoda wasn't liked for
1)Being an uglyer puppet in EP I than the one in V and VI
2)For having a lightsaber in EP II & III

mimartin 02-28-2013 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duster (Post 2828763)
Actualy it can be taken serious

Anything can be taken seriously, it does not mean I take everything seriously. ;) Or anything on a game forum for that matter.

Jeff 03-01-2013 11:17 PM

For me it's the edits. The prequels had a lot more wrong with them that couldn't be fixed by just taking out Jar Jar or young Anakin. But the edits make the movies that I love less enjoyable to watch. Maybe now that George is out of the way, Disney will finally give us an official means to watch the pre-specialized editions of the movies.

Alexrd 03-02-2013 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff (Post 2828833)
Disney will finally give us an official means to watch the pre-specialized editions of the movies.

Fox owns the rights of A New Hope in perpetuity. And Disney won't own the rights of the rest until 2020.

Hallucination 03-03-2013 12:46 AM

The fact this is a real, in-universe thing:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jizz

You have to admit, you didn't see that one coming.

urluckyday 03-03-2013 02:22 AM

If you think that there's anything WORSE than the Holiday Special...you probably haven't seen the Holiday Special.

purifier 03-03-2013 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mimartin (Post 2828725)
Yoda opinion is a LF tradition and I am a traditional kind of guy.

The plan was to ban anyone that voted Yoda, so that is why the poll is public. :xp:

As to the holiday special, I posted a link to the best/worse part. :)


*slowly unchecks "Yoda", checks "Holiday Special" instead*:dev8:

I haven't really seen the Holiday Special, but I'm one of those guys that jumps off bridge because everybody else is doing it. :D

Q 03-03-2013 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by urluckyday (Post 2828888)
If you think that there's anything WORSE than the Holiday Special...you probably haven't seen the Holiday Special.

This.

As bad as some of the other things are, they just can't touch the Holiday Special.

GeneralPloKoon 03-04-2013 02:23 PM

I picked Jar Jar, I don't mind Hayden Christensen and have never seen the Holiday Special...

mimartin 03-04-2013 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Q (Post 2828943)
As bad as some of the other things are, they just can't touch the Holiday Special.

Funny when I put dialogue on the list, I was thinking that would be the one you would chose. :xp: Guess I'm not as smart as I think I am. :D

Jeff 03-04-2013 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexrd (Post 2828845)
Fox owns the rights of A New Hope in perpetuity. And Disney won't own the rights of the rest until 2020.

But I'm sure Fox has no problem putting out more releases. George was the barrier before of not wanting LucasFilm to put in the effort of restoring them because they weren't "his vision".

Alexrd 03-05-2013 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff (Post 2829007)
But I'm sure Fox has no problem putting out more releases. George was the barrier before of not wanting LucasFilm to put in the effort of restoring them because they weren't "his vision".

The film reels were restored (in 1995 and 2003), therefore the original cuts are aswell. He doesn't want to release them because they aren't "his vision", and I'm sure he made that explicit when he sold the company.

JasraLantill 03-08-2013 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff (Post 2828833)
For me it's the edits. The prequels had a lot more wrong with them that couldn't be fixed by just taking out Jar Jar or young Anakin. But the edits make the movies that I love less enjoyable to watch. Maybe now that George is out of the way, Disney will finally give us an official means to watch the pre-specialized editions of the movies.

^^ This exactly. Couldn't have said it better.

Tommycat 03-08-2013 05:09 PM

Anyone who voted for anything BUT the Holiday Special must not have SEEN the holiday special, and they should all be forced to sit through a full showing of it strapped in a chair "A Clockwork Orange" style until they have a grasp of the unholiness that was unleashed upon Star Wars when they did it.

Darth Avlectus 03-11-2013 02:47 AM

*casts vote in "other" anyway*

DAWUSS 03-12-2013 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tommycat (Post 2829196)
Anyone who voted for anything BUT the Holiday Special must not have SEEN the holiday special, and they should all be forced to sit through a full showing of it strapped in a chair "A Clockwork Orange" style until they have a grasp of the unholiness that was unleashed upon Star Wars when they did it.

Has anything else in SW come close?

(And no, I never saw it)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff (Post 2828833)
For me it's the edits. The prequels had a lot more wrong with them that couldn't be fixed by just taking out Jar Jar or young Anakin. But the edits make the movies that I love less enjoyable to watch. Maybe now that George is out of the way, Disney will finally give us an official means to watch the pre-specialized editions of the movies.

The only edits I don't mind are those that provided consistency with stuff that was introduced later in the EU.

Rinku 03-31-2013 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tommycat (Post 2829196)
Anyone who voted for anything BUT the Holiday Special must not have SEEN the holiday special, and they should all be forced to sit through a full showing of it strapped in a chair "A Clockwork Orange" style until they have a grasp of the unholiness that was unleashed upon Star Wars when they did it.

This.

Show spoiler


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:13 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.