View Single Post
Old 03-21-2003, 03:25 AM   #4
Nemios

Quote:
Originally posted by DarkLord60
I just dont think that all bots and players should be able to dodge other wize I would keep the mod. Maybe if you could make that a force power that jedi and sith use. Insted of stormies and other none jedi and sith.
Well, if I'm right you can dodge only if you have force mana left. So the real problem is: how can we set the force pool level for each bot? (stormies should not use force powers either) That's a feature I really desire. (Maybe something like trueview.cfg)

Now some improvements (cool MOD!):
1. A new position for the dodge meter or a HUD for it (not so important for now, only for a better visual effect). Different solution: don't use a different "pool" to dodge, take directly from force pool like when you jump, that drains force even if you are playing without force powers. This could fix another problem: when you are low in dodge points AND in mana points you are forced to wait the refill of the dodge pool to use any force power because the recharge capability of the force is absorbed by the drain pool. With a sole "pool" you can "decide" if you want to save points fore possible dodges or if you want to spend them for a force power without the possibility to dodge.
2. Secondary mode for blaster rifle: it's ok it is slower but should have a different function like other weapons. Maybe a charged shot like the pistol? Or a stun shot that doesn't hurt but makes you fall like when someone push you (seen in the movies, when they shoot leia - actually that was a different weapon but, hey...)
3. Make a sound when you dodge (like when you hop to jump): this is useful when you are in first person 'cause while you fight you can't really see if you dodged (=better be careful for the next strike) unless you look the dodge meter, which could be distracting in the heat of the combat
4. Roll in 1st person using weapons other than the saber
5. When you fall after a saber clash or a force push you should not be able to dodge. Every time I win a saber clash I can't hit my opponent on the ground!

That's all for now. I like this MOD very much and TrueView is exactly what I mean for a real FPS (Maybe only Virtual Reality is better). The dodge system is a plus: now players use the force with much more attention 'cause if they finish their mana pool they can't dodge anymore.

[edit=many comments added]

"I find your lack of first person lightsaber disturbing" - Darth Vader
"May the first person lightsaber be with you" - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Last edited by Nemios; 03-21-2003 at 10:14 AM.
Nemios is offline   you may: quote & reply,