View Single Post
Old 09-08-2003, 06:47 PM   #40
Joshi
Registered Amuser

Location: Wherever the wind takes me... or failing that the nearest cinema.
LFN Staff Member 
For your information, the whole Natty thing is where i did speak up. Not in public though, I wanted to keep it sweet and simple, but I did express to them how I felt about the whole matter almost immediately after it happened, and for your information, no I was not happy about it which is why I spoke up. And I also spoke to Natty about it over IM so she knows my veiws as well, so don't say I didn't speak up.

So I'll admit it, we're not doing the best of jobs around here, I will say on our behalf that we are doing a half decent job though, it was a hell of a lot worse before we started heavily moderating like this, even if you didn't see it, it was only a matter of time.

So now, we do come to you, or at least I will and see what the rest do althugh I will relay these back to them. My idea is this, most of you have been around the boards and seen how other mods do it and don't seem to complain so much (although there is much worse on our own LF, but I won't mention names). So instead of complaining, tell us what you want. What would you have us do as good moderators, although don't be stupid and say stuff like 'Allow spam and flame', or other such, but stuff that you think would make the forum fun whilst not being completely boring, or lifeless, or too crappy. I'm not garunteeing that we'll do it all, but myidea is we come up with a list of rules for all (including mods) to abide by. Of course you as well as us will see all of the rules so if you feel we're not abiding by them, then you can tell us, as well as the other way around. These will of course be more of guidlines than rules (i had to throw a little POTC in there) but they will help, I know that. what do you guys thing. Moderation Feedback, that's what we want.

Joshi is offline   you may: quote & reply,