View Single Post
Old 10-28-2003, 02:35 PM   #16
Laserschwert

Notable contributor 
Well, the ideas in here are GREAT.

I too would love to have some hi-res scans of several covers (Especially Monkey Island 1-3, since I only have them as the German "Monkey Island Collection", which doesn't have the original covers).

Making DVD-Covers for them is a good idea, since the revised versions of some games (as available in the US and UK... not Germany ) do come in amaray-cases, which would make them nice to look at AND - as said - less fragile. Scans of those amaray-covers would be great too.

And last but not least, I (as the founder of the Soundtrack CD Covers of Monkey Island site, am planning to make more soundtracks as well as covers for all of them. There are a few problems though:

- I don't have all the games (or I don't have them with their original covers, since some of them came in some sort of collection)

- most of my German covers look slightly different (at least the German titles), and I would prefer the original English covers

- several sites on the web contain scans of covers (some on fan sites, some on site ESPECIALLY MADE for downloading covers), but they all have scans in terrible quality (or they are too low-res)

That's why I need perfect scans of english covers (meaning 300dpi and not too highly compressed)... especially from these games:

Day of the Tentacle
Sam & Max Hit the Road
Outlaws
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine
Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb
Dark Forces
X-Wing and (not "vs."!!!) Tie Fighter (if possible the original covers, since I already have the "CD-ROM Editions")

I would be really happy if you would participate in this and help me out.

Oh yeah, since I would love to make some posters, I would really like scans of Monkey Island 1-4 as well...

Laserschwert is offline   you may: quote & reply,