View Single Post
Old 03-17-2005, 02:29 PM   #111
CTOAN
Rookie

@ Luke-

If you're OK with the game, it's all good. I pointed out some stuff that bothered me. The topic says 'post your impressions' so I gave them. What I said was based off of personal convictions and deeply held religious beliefs, and also on facts that no one else on this forum had brought up. I was wondering if any other parents or adults had noticed it as well. I know several parents that would be *extremely* upset if their kids were playing TSL and they knew what was in it.

Anyway, I would disagree with you that the boarding ramp line is the only part that is sexual, and I noted *specific* instances in my spoiler above. Maybe I should have said 'indecent' instead of 'sexual'...if so, I apologize.

As for Bastila, no, I never played with her clothing off, nor did I download any of the nude 'patches' that are available online. I watched ROTJ when I was a young kid, and even then was very uncomfortable with the 90% naked Carrie Fisher. That may be one of my reasons why I prefer SW and ESB much more than ROTJ...I don't know, I've never really thought hard about it.

Finally, most of the game players *may* be 31, but a significant majority of them are not. How many people have you seen at EBGames, GameStop, or Wal-Mart buying computer games that are over 31? Not many - I know I haven't seen a lot. I don't know if I've ever seen more than 5 total people over 31 buy computer games in my entire life, and I've been a gamer for more than 12 years now. Usually, I see teens and young adults buying them. Of course, I don't run down to Best Buy everytime a Halo or Half-Life hits the shelf.

Anyway, I've gotten off-subject, and I'd like to get back to the point of this thread. My moral beliefs are not up for debate - at least not on this thread .

[on topic]
Is it just me, or is playing as Consular much harder in TSL than it is in KOTOR? I'm having a difficult time with my LS consular, and I've stacked her Wisdom [16], Strength [14], Constitution [16], but she keeps getting killed on me. I've buffed her constitution with the earned attribute points and invested in Force lightning to see if I can counteract it, but I'm still having difficulties - I was soundly whipped by the 5 handmaidens in Telos and was killed twice by Visas before I finally defeated her [although I did have a difficult time with her on my first playthrough]. It seems like a lot of enemies are making their saves, which I don't remember being a problem in KOTOR, and which may explain some of the problems.

I've been playing KOTOR and TSL for about 8 months now, so it's not like I don't know how to build my characters, so I don't know what's going on.

CTOAN is offline   you may: quote & reply,