View Single Post
Old 04-19-2005, 07:09 AM   #2
lilstarfish
Lurker

Bug in the Battlefront 1.2 update!

Ok, after spending 20 hours yesterday on trying to get Battlefront to work ok, including a full system reinstall with all windows updates, updating all Creative and Catalyst drivers and Battlefront STILL having the same bug I went to bed quite frustrated.

It didn't get better having recieved a couple of "support" mails from "lucasarts@aqinc.com" with each telling me that I either needed to update the graphics drivers or sound(!) drivers =(

Well, this morning an interesting thought appeared.

I decided to try one last thing.

I reinstalled Battlefront for what felt like the thousandth time, but this time *without* patching the game with the 1.2 update.

I found a couple of online servers accessible and lo and behold the bug was gone!

I played 6 maps to make sure that the light and contrast stayed as I had set it in the Video Options.

Everything worked as it should.

To test if it indeed is the 1.2 update that is causing this bug I updated the game with the 1.2 patch.

Yes, the bug was now there again! =(((

Conclusion:

After all this frustration and wasting all this time trying to find a problem in a working system, it finally turns out to be the dang 1.2 Update causing the problems =(((

Well, now at least I know.

Uninstalling the game untill a fix for this crap is released.
lilstarfish is offline   you may: quote & reply,