Originally posted by DarthMoeller
Well, I tried it out, basically just making the blaster the way that the tutorial said to, and it didn't work for me. The blaster had the new name and properties and stuff, but the blaster fire was still red, and I made it green. Hmm. I'm sure I did something wrong along the way, I'll have to go back and see what it is.
That's the one problem, this process is very detailed.. the slightest mistake like mis-naming a line while hex editing or in the .2da file and it wont work. The other thing is that I didn't do it the way I wrote the tutorial, what I mean is that I had my own model that I made, but I don't think that really matters. Well good luck, I'll try and re-run through the tutorial myself and make sure it is spot on.