View Single Post
Old 08-03-2005, 02:57 PM   #17
Katarn07
Joxer the Mighty

And the story continues....

Quote:
CUT TO:

INT. VALUNENíS BARN Ė DAWN

Elymir and Ariana are asleep in a mound of hay. Elymir stirs in his sleep and suddenly his eyes snap open and he sits up. He drags his hands down across his face and squints to allow his eyes to adjust to the dim light. He looks down to Ariana and moves a lock of her hair from her face. Just as he does this, the door creaks open and Elymir holds up a hand to block the bright light that comes in. Ian pokes his head in.

IAN
Elymir? Ariana?

ELYMIR
(whispering)
Iím here. Hold up for a sec, wouldya?

Elymir gets up, careful not to wake Ariana. He exits the barn and stands outside with Ian.

ELYMIR
What is it, Ian? You look distant. Whatís troubling you?

IAN
Those armored riders are whatís troubling me, Elymir. Youíre not safe here!

ELYMIR
(growing anxious)
You know more than you let on to yesterday, donít you?

Ian doesnít respond. He opens his mouth to do so but nothing comes out.

ELYMIR
Well what is it? Surly if anyone has the right to know it is me and Ariana!

IAN
(nodding)
Of course, of course. Iím sorry, Elymir. Itís just thatÖ. Well, you saw for yourself already! Valunenís place has been turned upside down. Those armored brutes were looking for something. Or perhaps somebodyÖ.

ELYMIR
(defensive)
Somebody? Youíre referring to me and Ariana? But why wouldó

IAN
No, no, my boy. Iím merely thinking out loud. Still, your arrival into this village is still a mystery to everyone, even myself. No one is sure if theyíre safe as long as you two remain here.

ELYMIR
(puzzled)
What do you mean my arrival was a mystery? I thought I was an orphan Valunen took in as his own. Same with Ariana.

IAN
No, no. Thatís not how it was. The story you know of your past is most likely nothing more than fabrication Valunen made to keep you protected.

ELYMIR
Protected? From whaó From the ridersÖ.

Elymir cannot seem to remain standing and collapses. Ian is quick to catch him and eases him down to sit. Elymir shakes his head and his eyes water.

ELYMIR
Why did they have to kill him? Why? Who are they and why would they be looking for me?

IAN
(sitting next to Elymir)
Itís not your fault, Elymir. Itís not your fault they killed Valunen. Itís not your fault they may be after you. None of this was your doing. Valunen is the only person that could be certain of anything. Iím merely speculating from what I know. I may be wrong. They may not even be looking for you. But Valunenís stories of your past are not as anyone else remembers them. His having altered the truth makes me think youíre special. That you may be linked to the riders somehow. Like I said, Iím just speculating from what I know.

ELYMIR
(whispering to himself)
From what you know?

IAN
(not hearing Elymir)
What?

ELYMIR
(through clenched teeth)
Tell me everything you know.

CUT TO:

INT. VALUNENíS HOUSE Ė MORNING

Elymir is going through the mess of stuff littering Valunenís house. Heís behind a desk with all the drawers pulled out and their contents on the floor. Ariana is facing away from him. She is kneeling on a sofa, looking over the back of it with her chin rested on folded arms. She is deep in thought. Finally, she shakes her head and turns around to face Elymir.

ARIANA
So let me get this straight. Valunen first arrived at this village with you as a baby?

Elymir doesnít look up. Heís holding a journal in his hands and thumbing through the pages of it.

ELYMIR
Uhuh.

ARIANA
That means he hasnít lived here as long as everyone says. Hardly even twenty years. And he brought me here no more than a month later. Right?

ELYMIR
Uhuh.

ARIANA
(to herself)
Everything Valunenís told us about our past is a lie?

ELYMIR
Uhuh.

ARIANA
(shouting)
Would you stop that and look at me! For Godís sake, the man we grew up with, the man we loved as a father, has been lying to us all of our lives! And all you can do is say Ďuhuh?í

Elymir drops the journal to the floor and turns to Ariana.

ELYMIR
Iím sorry. Itís just that from what Ianís told me, he lied to us because he cares for us. He thinks the riders may have been searching for us. Iím just looking for any clues to support his theory.

ARIANA
Well, if they were looking for us and were looking for anything about us here, wouldnít they have taken the evidence already? And weíd be dead by now had they gotten it.

Elymir doesnít respond. Itís obvious he agrees with Ariana. He throws himself onto the sofa next to her and buries his face into his hands.

ELYMIR
Youíre rightÖ.

ARIANA
(putting an arm around him)
Of course Iím right.

Ariana rests her head on Elymirís shoulder and looks out at another part of the room. There is a bookcase turned over with all its contents on the floor. Beneath the books is a faint glimmer.

ARIANA
Whatís that?

ELYMIR
(looking up)
Huh?

ARIANA
(lifting her head and pointing)
That. What is it?

The two get up and walk over to the mound of books. Elymir moves a few books aside and Ariana grabs a hold of a handle sticking out from beneath. She pulls out a sword.

ARIANA
Thatís funny. One of the riders left their sword here. Itís not like anyone was here when they searched the place. So why would they even have to take it from their scabbard?

Elymir stares at the weapon Ariana holds in her hands and squints his eyes as he stares at the markings on the blade and hilt.

ELYMIR
They didnít. Thatís not one of their swordsÖ.

ARIANA
What? It sure as hell isnít Valunenís! Heís been a farmer all his lifeówaitÖ.

ELYMIR
Or has he? He lied to us about our pasts; he could have just as easily lied about his.

Elymir points to a mark on the pommel of the sword.

ELYMIR
Do you know what that is?

ARIANA
(shaking her head)
I've seen it before. I don't remember where but I definately recognize it.

ELYMIR
Iíve seen this marking before as well. Valunen has some old books around here marked with itÖ.

Elymir starts going through the pile of books at their feet. He pulls one out and opens the cover. He smacks a finger onto the page.

ELYMIR
There!

Ariana lowers the sword and looks over Elymirís shoulder.

ARIANA
You know I hate reading. That's not where I've seen it. What do you suppose it means?

Elymir is just about to respond when a distant commotion can be heard outside. Elymir runs towards the door and pokes his head out. Smoke can be seen coming from the village and screaming is heard. Ariana joins him outside.

ARIANA
Oh my, God, noÖ.

Still holding the sword and the book, the two run off toward the village.
Next scene, as warned, would up the rating of this and show the true nature of Canderous.

Like to read? Like fantasy stories? Like doing people you've never met in person favors? Then read and review my original movie screenplay! You will, you must. It is your destiny....

Check out the best shots of all of my collections along with some of my better attempts at artwork here.

Last edited by Katarn07; 08-03-2005 at 10:04 PM.
Katarn07 is offline   you may: quote & reply,