View Single Post
Old 09-05-2005, 09:03 AM   #24
Antistia
Lurker

This strategy is for me versus the computer on Medium difficulty - dont know how well it would work on other settings/against humans....

Well, for Imps I use either Stormtropper or Dark Trooper, pile into a AT-ST at the beginning, and head straight for the Rebel Echo Base...if you just go straight for it, you should get there virtually unscathed and you can take down a few Taun Tauns/Rebels on the way...
Once you get to the entrance, debark, send the driver on his way, and you should be able to capture the CP without too much trouble....this is also prevents the Snowspeeders from re-spawning I believe which will help your AT-ATs...
Once you have that, proceed down the tunnel (grenades will help clear any opposition here) to get the Control CP and then on to the Outpost - what youre doing is effectively going behind the enemy lines - meanwhile your teammates should be keeping the Rebels occupied, leaving you unopposed to singlehandedly capute 3 CPs!! Depending on how well the computer is doing, it sometimes captures the Bunker CP by this point - mop up any Rebels in the trenches by the Outpost, then you can head over to the Bunker CP if necessary to help out there. If you get whacked, and you have captured say 2-3 CPs, I would suggest re-spawning as a pilot and jumping in a AT-ST to finish the Rebels off - by this time their reinforcement meter should be taking a beating...
Works every time for me...be mindful of a lone Rebel re-capturing the Echo Base CP however....

Hope that helps!!!
Antistia is offline   you may: quote & reply,