Old 12-02-2005, 11:21 AM   #44
machievelli
Local curmudgeon

Current Game: Dungeonseige series
Hot Topic Starter Veteran Fan Fic Author Helpful! Forum Veteran 
The Corrupted Republic
Steven
Ten Years after Kotor II, Possibly intro to Kotor III

A man with no memory has visions aboard the Yavin Spire.

The writer tends to use the wrong words, or to misspell them Like another person who had seen the work, I assume English is a second language. The idea is good, but the flow of the narrative causes the reader to drag with it. Just an editing and spelling problem. No biggie.

Unnamed
Darth Terros
500 years before the battle of Yavin.
Two Jedi go on a mission that quickly goes wrong. The survivor hides on a planet.

DT is obviously young, the style is jumpy and punctuation is poorly done. However, I want to see more of this kidís work.

Secrets of the Force
Renegade Angel
Set 4 years after Malchior V
RA tends to jump around a lot, and it gets confusing. But his story is intriguing.
My only real problem with it is this; The force is something created by living beings, and I donít believe that a simulator of any kind would allow you to actually test what it could do without serious drawbacks.
Picture say Obi Wan from SW1 turning, and throwing the force push as he did to knock down the droids in the first section .
Now picture it inside a simulator with REAL walls beyond the holographic target.
You would need something twice the size of the holodecks from Star Trek, and even then it would be a problem.
But that is a minor point, and only bothers the Ďpuristí as my wife would say.

From The Galactic Senate Coruscant Theater

Back Stage, Spice and Peace Brigade Dealings
Darthsolo

Set at the start of the Yuuzhan Vong war. A comedian/shipís captain finds himself knee deep in the Peace Brigade.

The story was intriguing because this is a side of Republic life you rarely see. The inner workings of trason in action, yet told from the point of view of someone who gets into it without knowing. Worth a look.

Revelations, a clone wars story
sidious618

A Clone Wars Story
Starting the day after the battle of Geonosis, the inner workings of the senate and military in the first months of the war.

Well written, and thought out. Sidious obviously know the subject matter.

Dark Tidings: An Imperial Agent's Story
James T. Skywalker

Set during the Empire after the Rebel Alliance was formed. The travails of an Imperial Agent.
The story is well written and fast paced. The use of nomenclature in the first two chapters was perfect.

From Kotorfanmedia

Chasing Redemption, Prologue: A Hard Truth
Prisoner 24601

Direct sequel to the authorís From the Ashes .
The style is still excellent, and the segue from sad memorial for a fallen enemy to arrest by special operations troops is well done. The readers on Kotorfanmedia gave it ten thumbs up. Add mine to it.

Layers of Deception, Chapter 1
Seraterranova

Starting with the destruction of the Endar Spire

The writing is steady and crisp, the characters well defined.

Searching For What Was Lost
Allroav

Set after KOTOR: The scattered crew of Ebon Hawk begins the search for Revan.

Very well done, the reactions of Dustil and Mission to the loss of someone they cared about only accentuates the reaction of Carth.

'To argue with those who have renounced the use and authority of reason is as futile as to administer medicine to the dead.' Now who said that?

From the one who brought you;
What we die for...
Acceptance
KOTOR excerpts
Star Wars: The Beginning
Star Wars: Republic Dawn
Return From Exile
machievelli is offline   you may: quote & reply,