View Single Post
Old 01-02-2006, 05:27 PM   #17
JasraLantill
No One Liners

Current Game: SWOTR
The Walking Carpets Guild Member Alderaan News Holopics contributor LFN Staff Member Roleplayer 
Chapter 5--part 3

“I can’t believe that Rade agreed to let that Sith go with us,” Mission said to Zalbaar and Jolee as the three of them headed to board the Ebon Hawk. “I mean…eeuw! He gives me the creeps!”

Zalbaar grunted his agreement.

Jolee laughed. “He gives me the ‘creeps,’ too. But, Rade didn’t have much of a choice in the matter. And I don’t imagine old Berland will feel too comfortable himself being outnumbered by Jedi on a small ship.”

“I guess,” Mission agreed. “That Ithra seems okay, though.”

Zalbaar growled and shook his head.

“Okay, so she’s a bit stuck up, Big Z, but no more than Bastila is,” said Mission. “But apart from that, she seems nice enough.”

Zalbaar growled more urgently.

“Yeah, okay. That mind probe thing she did on Rade wasn’t very nice. And, did you notice her eyes? They like went completely black!”

“I noticed,” said Jolee.

Zalbarr growled and snarled a few times.

“Well, now that you mention it, Z,” Mission reconsidered, “I suppose that was kind of creepy, too. But, she did apologise for it afterwards, so she can’t be all that bad.”

“We’ll see,” said Jolee.

“Anyways, I think it might be nice to have someone my age on board for a change,” Mission continued. “We’re bound to have ‘something’ in common. Although I hope she doesn’t do that ‘eye thing’ if someone makes a crack about her age. Rade said it kind of hurt when she did it to him. I mean, I know people aren’t being mean when they tell me I’m too young, or too impatient, or too naïve, or too…”

“Talkative?” Jolee offered.

Zalbaar roared his own suggestion.

“See? That’s what I’m talking about. I know you guys are only joking, or that you say things like that because you care about me, but she might not be as mature as I am when it comes to that kind of stuff, you know?”

Jolee grinned. “Indeed. Well, her people want her educated in the ways of the Repulic. Perhaps you can give her some pointers.”

Mission beamed as they climbed the ramp of the Ebon Hawk. “Yeah,” she said thoughtfully. “Yeah, I mean, there’s bound to be a lot of stuff that she wants to know but might be embarrassed to ask an adult about.” She considered for a moment, then grinned. “Yeah, I think I might be able to teach her a thing or two.”

Zalbaar grunted in a low, cautionary rumble.

“I agree,” Jolee said to the Wookiee. “Just don’t overdo it, Mission.”

Veni, Vidi, Velcro. (I came, I saw, I stuck around)