View Single Post
Old 04-12-2006, 01:45 PM   #14
Demonic Spoon
Rookie

Quote:
1) The guided missiles are extremely hard to use and cause little damage for their massive skill.
2) The engineer is way over powered. It is immune to mines, kills armored units in one shot, and can heal itself. One of those three things needs to go.
3) Mines shouldn't glow, and should be destroyed by any weapon. Many times I have seen a flag goal surrounded in mines. With no gernades to blow them up, I am forced to die inches from the goal without scoring. You can't wait around the goal for the mines to dispear, the enemy spawns nearby.
4) Snipers are too weak in close combat. Give them a crosshair or a stronger pistol (they have a weaker pistol than other units). If you are thinking snipers should not be engaged in close combat, remember rocket troops are supposed to destroy vehicles not units.
5) The sniper beam rifle doesn't work right. It needs fixed.
6) Many people talk about changing the rocket troopers, I never use them, so I can't comment on that.
1) What do you mean ''guided missles''?

2) I think the solution is to decrease the shotgun's range and power. Make it a class for people who want to support their team or sabotage enemy vehicles, not one for killwhores... Also, a point system should be introduced for engineers, so repairing, etc. is rewarded.

3) Don't waste your thermals. Without the glow, people would place them around corners, making them IMPOSSIBLE to spot until it's too late. I agree they should be destroyable by any weapon, though.

4) HELL NO! They are already strong enough in close combat-too strong. I can take on an engineer with my sniper. You draw a comparison to rocket troops, but unless you're on a server where people can run up and drop a mine (teamkill off servers, and even then mines can be dodged) then they're fine. Killing an assault trooper is pathetically easy.

5) DEFINATELY agreed. It never hits most of the time (for that matter, the regular sniper rifle misses occasionally too), making it worthless. I'd rather have the regular rifle

6) Rocket troopers are fine, really...they can kill AI well, but any exprienced player can utterly destroy them. Rockets are so hard to aim and os easy to dodge. This is unless you play on a teamkilling-off server, in which these classes are gods due to the ability to run up and drop mines.
Demonic Spoon is offline   you may: quote & reply,