View Single Post
Old 04-19-2006, 07:17 AM   #7
Mike.nl
Rookie
 
Mike.nl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 52
I've written a small (command-line) tool that will convert Lup files to Lua files and back: lup2lua (and its source).

Second, here are my (small) modifications to luadec: luadec-0.6-mod.
I only changed two things in the original file, and those changes are marked by my name, so you should find them easily. Running the resulting luadec over BuildTurboLasers.lua results in:

C:\>move BUILDTURBOLASERS.LUA buildturbolasers.lup
C:\>lup2lua buildturbolasers.lup buildturbolasers.lua
C:\>luadec buildturbolasers.lua

require("pgevents")
Definitions = function()
Category = "Build_Turbolasers"
IgnoreTarget = true
TaskForce = {{"StructureForce", "E_Galactic_Turbolaser_Tower_Defenses | R_Galactic_Turbolaser_Tower_Defenses = 1"}}
end

StructureForce_Thread = function()
Sleep(1)
StructureForce.Set_As_Goal_System_Removable(false)
AssembleForce(StructureForce)
StructureForce.Set_Plan_Result(true)
ScriptExit()
end

StructureForce_Production_Failed = function(L0, L1)
DebugMessage("%s -- Abandonning plan owing to production failure.", tostring(Script))
ScriptExit()
end

Yet, running it on larger, more complex lua files will crash the decompiler as usual. I've tried to find out why, but I don't understand the laudec code that well and it seems like more than just a superficial problem.

Anyway, I'll create a lua disassembler over the next days, if that'll help you guys.
Mike.nl is offline   you may: quote & reply,