View Single Post
Old 04-25-2006, 12:53 PM   #23
CylonRedux
Lurker

Back in December I finished Half-Life 2 (PC) and was very happy; the gameplay and scope of that last chapter just smooth blew me away. Then I immediately started Psychonauts (Xbox), which I'm still progressing through (17+ gameplay hours so far--I'm taking my time). I just got to the Milkman Conspiracy. And I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir here, but Psychonauts has so much charm that I can easily forgive the occasional platformer quibble; the music, art direction, and humor are incredible. I can't wait for Schafer's next game, whatever that may be.

In between on the PC, I've played several hours of the full version of Darwinia (the demo sold me!) and have enjoyed it; I've noodled around with the demo of Rag Doll Kung Fu quite a bit and found it really fun; and just the other day I made a serious dive into Half-Life: Blue Shift for the first time, and it's not great but it's not terrible, either. (By the way, if you've got a Steam account and register your hard copy of Half-Life, you get Opposing Force, Blue Shift, and Ricochet moved into your account gratis...at least I did, and that's not a bad deal in my book!)

I don't know whether to officially count Syberia II (PC) on the list, since I installed it and played it for maybe an hour but haven't gone back to it. I got stumped at the train station (can't talk the Russian guy out of his key) and refuse to rely on cheats so quickly, so if anybody has any non-cheat clues, I'd be grateful. :-)

Happy gaming; Laters...

Manny Calavera: "I'm not going to keep carrying this sign around; it's demoralizing."

Last edited by CylonRedux; 04-25-2006 at 01:09 PM.
CylonRedux is offline   you may: quote & reply,