Allright, this is it!
I have finished two tools that:
- Converts between the official Lua format and Petroglyph's Lua format.
- Disassembles a Lua 5.0 object file.
I used these tools (among others) to decompile
most Lua files (91%, lacking some story scripts for now).
Yes, that's right. Lua sources are available.
Along with instructions on how to create custom Lua files for Empire at War.
Get it all here: http://alpha1.dyns.net/eaw/
Lacking a good decompiler, I've manually decompile everything luadec crashed on, and I still have to do the remaining story scripts, but I decided to release the Luas I've decompiled so far so you guys have something to work on
Of course, keep in mind the source is uncommented and uses a bit vague function arguments, which is inherent to any decompilation. Perhaps I will one day rename them to something meaningful, based on what they do, once I have time.
Anyway, as usual, if you have questions or remarks (both the good and the bad kind), post here.