hey whats up guys? I was just thinking that since i have fixed this dualcore problem for myself why not make it a easy sticky for people so they dont have to do alot of searching and posts for help. Well here it is first you need to
1 - Install the amd drivers, download it from here... http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/...30_118,00.html
2 - read this website and download the hotfix....READ here http://support.microsoft.com/?id=896256
........Download here http://www.amdzone.com/files/WinXPdualcorehotfix.exe
3 - Edit your registry to enable the HOTFIX, follow these steps.
1. Click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Open box, and then click OK.
2. Right-click HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Session Manager, point to New, and then click Key.
3. Type Throttle for the new key name.
4. Right-click Throttle, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
5. Type PerfEnablePackageIdle for the value name.
6. Right-click PerfEnablePackageIdle, and then click Modify.
7. In the Edit DWORD Value box, type 1. In the Value data box, make sure that Hexadecimal is selected, and then click OK.
8. Quit Registry Editor.
4 - Make sure your BOOT.ini has this command in it, /usepmtimer to check, right click on My Computer go to properties, click on the ADVANCE tab, then under startup and recovery click on settings, then click on EDIT....
5 - Install the NEW AMD Dual Core Optimizer.......from here.....http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/...1_9706,00.html
Your Boot.ini should look something like this now..............
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Micro soft Windows XP Professional" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect /usepmtimer
After that you should be all set trust me this works and i even got a 5 to 10 percent increase in FPS in my games now. Good luck