View Single Post
Old 09-12-2006, 09:57 AM   #114
Char Ell
Force Enlightened

Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Folder extraordinaire Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrotoy7
2. People who do not like the NJO at all... Then you have detractors who actually havent read any of the books (emphasis added)
I guess I would fall into this classification although I don't really consider myself a "detractor" since I've never posted any disparaging comments about the Yuuzhan Vong. What little knowledge I have of the YV I've obtained from SW:TNEC and after giving it some thought I've realized it isn't that the YV come from a different galaxy, use bio-engineering, their overall ugly appearance, or the fact that a couple of main characters die that have kept me from reading any of the NJO books. I've come to realize that for me it boils down to one main YV characteristic.
Quote:
"Curiously, all Yuuzhan Vong seemed to be unable to use, or even register within, the universal energy field of the Force." - Star Wars: The New Essential Chronologies; pp. 203-204
Do any of the NJO books explain why this is the case? This reminds me of the ysalamiri creatures Timothy Zahn used in the Thrawn Trilogy and seems an even more extreme deviation from my understanding of how the Force operates than those Force-voiding creatures were.

Want to battle against cancer and other chronic diseases? Join Team LFN!

Char Ell is offline   you may: quote & reply,