View Single Post
Old 10-04-2006, 05:07 PM   #19
Jediphile
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChAiNz.2da
^^^^
Also considering Kreia has a corrupted look in the "exiled" cutscene.. and it wasn't her age. Pasty skin, black eyes and a wicked robe.. same wrinkly face though

Sorry, but Kreia (imo) just looks as if she's already ancient without the DS helping her along.. hehehe
We've never seen Kreia before she fell to the dark side. The "exiled cutscene" is when she is cast from power by the other Sith Lords, who then assumed her power. You'd think she had already fallen before then...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaelastraz
And may I ask how Wookieepedia can know how old exactly Brianna is?
I'll accept it for lack of a better source. But fine - prove Wookieepedia wrong...

Quote:
To me Kreia is very old. 70-80. And she is not corrupted (in her appearance) the way other people are. By the way, not everyone who falls to the darkside turns ugly. Just look at Bandon. Dooku.

In the movies, only Palpatine is "deformed" and "scarred". Dooku, Maul are not. And Vader's uglyness is due to his injuries I'd say.
And of those characters, who does Kreia remind us the most of?

Besides, ages are pretty odd in Star Wars at times. I mean, did Anakin seem to be about 46 years old in Episode VI, when he took off the mask? Well, he was (actually, he wasn't even quite 46 yet)... Did Obi-Wan seem to be 57 at the time of his death? He was... Palpatine, however, is presumed to have been around 86 at his time of death, yet doesn't seem to have aged much physically during the last 20 or so years of his life.

And we know that Kreia is scarred just from listening to Atton: "It takes some hard living to make creases like that." Even "the fool" Atton knows that Kreia marked by her life - her atrophied eyes might have been a clue - so it seems more than reasonable to assume for me.

Kreia might be as old as you think, or she may not even be 60 yet. We simply don't know. If I think she's only 57 - like Obi-Wan in Episode VI, which doesn't seem unreasonable to me - then who's going to decide whether I'm right or wrong? I'd rather we just stuck to discussing what we actually know...

Quote:
Also, I doubt that when developers worked on Kotor I, they already got Kreia in their mind.
Sure, but so what? Adding characters and events to blank parts of established characters' pasts is quite common in fiction, so I don't see your point.

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built" - Kreia

Visit my KotOR blog at Deadly Forums.
Jediphile is offline   you may: quote & reply,