View Single Post
Old 11-10-2006, 07:40 AM   #31
TearsOfIsha
Rookie

Personally, I'm disappointed. I'm not sure whether it's by bugs or by design, but the new expansion basically means the Rebels (my favourite side) are unplayable.

Removing corruption on some worlds means that my entire base on the world, orbital and ground, is destroyed - I don't know what that was all about. The new units are... alright, but they're pathetic when compared to the new Imperial (air assault units, cloaking fighters, and entire new line of Dark Troopers, fighter bombers, SSDs, need I go on?) and Corrupt units. The imperials have also managed to learn how to bring in single fleets of 10 ISDs at the same time as well - I can't remember that being possible. The Corrupt side also seems to just magic rebel units out of nowhere - like Marauders and Nebulon Bs.

I don't get why the rebels have had most of their advantages removed. In EaW the rebels had better fighters and worse cruisers (which is what it should be). The cruisers haven't changed, and the fighters are..... well, to put it bluntly, crap, compared to imperial counterparts. So basically everything is dump. Wow, what a good idea. The B-wings were really, just meh. They don't really do anything more than Y wings do and they're just as fragile. The new MC30 cruisers pack a punch but appear to be little more than corvettes with torpedoes - they're too weak to be used on anything beyond lil' Corrupt units. Yoda and Luke are all very well but, as before, they do nowt against any enemy unit with punch. The new rogue squadron are pretty pointless aswell - the 'strike' ability makes pretty lights appear, and that's about it.

Practically the only good news is that the rebels get Garm Bel Iblis, but instead of being in the Peregrine he's in a weird hovering juggernaut thingy.

Don't get me wrong, it's a good game if you like the imperial or the new corrupt side. But if you like Rebels, you'd do well to steer clear of it. What a waste of money....... I've never came across an expansion that ruins the original game before. I'm just hoping Petro bother to patch this mess soon or they release that cheat mod for the exp pack like they did with the original game.
TearsOfIsha is offline   you may: quote & reply,