Thread: -Capital Ships-
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2006, 12:50 PM   #62
TearsOfIsha
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedge2211
Mon Calamari cruisers should be weaker than Imperial Star Destroyers, but should be faster and more maneuverable. The fact that ISDs were built as dedicated warships does mean they will be superior to a starliner at approximately the same technology level. The ISD will have all the necessary support structure for military hardware: weapons, power systems for weapons, armor, a hull designed to take a pounding, etc. The thing about military ships versus cruise ships is that one is designed with battle in mind first, and people in mind second (ever see how cramped the crew quarters are on a submarine?). Cruise liners are the other way around. The Mon Calamari may have been able to adapt their venerable starfleet, but those ships will not be able to go toe to toe with Star Destroyers.
I'm afraid I misunderstood your argument. When you said 'weaker' I assumed you meant inferior, not physically less resilient. I wouldn't mind at all if the Mon Cals got better speed and maneuverability while the ISD got bigger firepower and armour, that makes sense. Just so long as those changes were balanced (i.e. lets not have Vengence-style upgrades like several million hitpoints or uber cloaking etc etc etc.... )
TearsOfIsha is offline   you may: quote & reply,