View Single Post
Old 02-16-2007, 09:47 PM   #2
Fish.Stapler

Very interesting, I love your posts SilentScope. I had thought about this myself, and I definitely have to say it would not be Darth Revan. His entire adult life has been spent battling the True Sith and (attempting) to strengthen the Republic from the onslaught that is to come. If indeed Darth Revan managed to sieze the reins of the Sith Empire and betray the Republic, it would indeed be one AMAZING plot twist, but unjustified by nearly all dialogue and events in the prior games. I would feel somewhat cheated if it was indeed Darth Revan.

My vote is going to go to someone on the New Council (if indeed the story of K3 takes place with a revitalized Jedi Order). I was thinking someone like Bastila. Maybe not Bastila herself, but someone who's walked her path.

Why do I say Bastila or someone similar?

"one who holds the knowledge of betrayal, who has been betrayed in heart, and will betray in turn."

Bastila probably feels like she was betrayed by Revan, in both the light and dark sides of K1. Dark side? She was poised to be VERY powerful, the new Sith apprentice to what was going to be a very unstoppable armada. Revan leaves, suddenly there's nobody to hold the reforged Sith armies in check...and they are consumed by rival warlords. If light side, she is probably resentful to a certain degree since Revan left her abruptly.

This "betrayal" would definitely gnaw at her. Not to mention, she may feel like she was betrayed by the light side of the force when Malak tortured her since she wasn't able to fully resist. Guilt, so to speak. Taking the cannonical Revan into perspective, I'm 99% sure people followed the love path. Bastila may have loved Revan, but betrayal, especially by someone you love, is EXCEEDINGLY hard to swallow. She may still love Revan, but either be resentful towards him or his ideals (ideals since they overrode his love for her). She may not try to kill him, but to crush everything he worked for. Think of psycho girlfriends ( or even boyfriends ) in movies who constrict their spouses life so that they can spend more time together...sounds like an angry Bastila to me.

The betrayal by the light side of the force could also gnaw at her. She could see the true sith coming back, and with a combination of her dislike for Revans ideas, untrustful feelings towards the light side, and memory of what the dark side was like may cause her to betray the Republic and ally with the True Sith.

Who knows, she could belive she was acting in Revans best interests so once he had nothing left to work with (The Republic) they would be able to spend the rest of their lives together.

Is my interpretation full of holes? Most likely. My two cents, and I'd love to see what other people have to say about this.

Edit: Typo.

Last edited by Fish.Stapler; 02-16-2007 at 09:49 PM. Reason: typo
Fish.Stapler is offline   you may: quote & reply,