View Single Post
Old 04-14-2007, 07:45 PM   #5
Grace
Forumite

Raquel approached, her steps faltering slightly as she drew nearer. Slowly, she drew out her knife, her mind screaming at her to take revenge. The knife drew nearer and nearer to the man's chest, but then, Raquel murmured to herself, "No. It's not who I am."

With a quick thrust, her long knife split open his shirt and it fell away. "Looked a bit tight, there," she said, adopting the drawling accent of a Corellian. They stared at one another for a moment. Then, Raquel shifted uncomfortably and looked away. "Well what of it? Haven't you got something else to cover up with?"

The man stared up at her, his pain forgotten as he gazed into her eyes. He recognized her from somewhere, but he couldn't recall where...

He grimaced as pain shot through his chest yet again, but this time he forced it down. He didn't like the look she was giving him. He pulled back slightly, stumbling to his feet.He grimaced as pain shot through his chest yet again, but this time he forced it down. He didn't like the look she was giving him. He pulled back slightly, stumbling to his feet, moving towards the box.

"I have a... a wardrobe... back in the TAR-" He pitched forward slightly, clutching his chest. He straightened suddenly, a smile across his face.

"This could be fun!" he said, beaming. "Always loved this part of it - new pair of clothes, and all."

A faint smile crossed Raquel's lips. "I imagine..." she began. Then, she scowled. "In, then. You're just..." She eyed him with distaste. "... indecent."

His smile widened, but became a grimace of pain as he hunched over for a moment. Then, with lightning fast speed, he turned to the box and dashed inside, already stripping off what was left of the shirt, and undoing the belt to his pants. Raquel followed, but as he undid the belt, she stopped short.

"Not very modest are you?" she demanded critically.

"Can't be," he said. "Don't have the time." He suddenly burst out laughing. "Oh, I crack myself up sometimes!"

She stepped into the box after him, and looked around. She seemed completely unperturbed by what she saw.

The inside was massive. The circular room she had stepped into was a good twenty to thirty metres in diameter, with a large console in the center, covered in switches, bells, exposed circuits, and even what looked like a small sledge hammer attached to it with a bit of rope. The man ran across this room through a door on the other side, still laughing hysterically.

"I am not following you in there," Raquel called after him. But he seemed not to hear, and the door clicked shut behind him. "Oh, hell..." Raquel muttered. "What am I doing?"

Shaking her head, she crossed the room and leaned against the wall, waiting.

My story in progress: United We Stand - Divided We Fall

Please read and review
Grace is offline   you may: quote & reply,