View Single Post
Old 05-27-2007, 09:11 PM   #21
Grace
Forumite

"A strain in the family," Aislin murmured faintly, her eyes wide as she stared at Tepe. "Unfinished business, my father used to say."

Slowly, she nodded. "It explains why my father..." She smiled faintly, "he looks very much like you." She frowned, puzzled. "But he does not speak of you. The last time I saw him, I sensed hate rolling off him. He really hates you, though his grandfather you are."

"And as to your accusation of trying to kill you..." Aislin hesitated. "I confess it is what I was hired to do. You and your queen and your children and their children... even down to your great-grandchildren." She smiled faintly. "But I can't do that now, can I? To end the lives of your great-grandchildren would also mean ending my own. No self respecting bounty hunter would agree to that."

"Bounty hunters would consider killing other family members, though," the ship said. "Which is what you now come to realize you have done."

"But I do not approve of that," Aislin said. "It's idiocy. Though I never got along with my parents, I see no reason I could not learn to coexist with my great-grandfather... if he is perhaps more interested in relationships than with an attempted - and failed I might add - assassination."

It was the wise thing to do, Aislin told herself. It was clear now that she could not escape, especially not with a Sith Hunter in the audience. Besides that, anyone who had so angered her parents as to make them steal a ship and vanish might actually be someone of great interest to Aislin.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Charna smirked. "Who said we ever married?" she asked. Then, with a little laugh, she shook her head. "It was a private wedding in the lake country of Naboo. Just my husband, a priest, the Sith Hunters, and my first child, just a baby then."

My story in progress: United We Stand - Divided We Fall

Please read and review
Grace is offline   you may: quote & reply,