View Single Post
Old 05-28-2007, 04:37 PM   #26
Grace
Forumite

Aislin had just been preparing to launch herself into a further rant about her parents, but the slap brought her up short, knocking her head around and brought tears to her eyes. Slowly, she turned her head to watch Tepe leave the room.

"I'm sorry," she whispered, though she was sure no one heard her. Truth be told, it frustrated her that her parents would not live up to their potential. But despite that, they were still her parents and she loved them, no matter what. But their actions had hurt her and insults were her way of dealing with hurt. Apparently, she'd have to be careful about that around her great-grandfather, she decided as she touched her cheek gingerly.

"Least he didn't kill me," she muttered.

"So that's it then?" Ceru questioned. "You're not going to kill him?"

"No, I'm not," Aislin answered. "Even if I could, I wouldn't."

"Good," the ship said, "because if you decided you were still going to go through with it, I'd have to become your enemy. After all, I am one of his ships."

"Hope he gives you to me," Aislin muttered. "I do so love our conversations."

"Me too, Lin, dear," the ship replied. "Now off you go, like a good little great-granddaughter."

Nodding, Aislin entered the cabin she'd been using and began to meditate on what had just happened.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"It's always good to go back to Naboo," Charna agreed. Then she smiled. "And even better to have my husband join us. And I think I know who his 'company' is... and I look forward to meeting her as well."

My story in progress: United We Stand - Divided We Fall

Please read and review
Grace is offline   you may: quote & reply,