Thread: Suggestion ; )
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2007, 10:10 AM   #9
Jae Onasi
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem

Current Game: Guild Wars 2, VtMB, TOR
Alderaan News Holopics contributor Helpful! LucasCast staff Veteran Fan Fic Author 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLONECOMMANDER501
But those kinda threads should not be in each section. It spreads the activity and makes this look barren. They should be in the Community Discussion Section.
I understand what you're trying to say.

Each forum has its own personality, driven by its particular history and the posters within that forum. Some of these may superficially look similar but actually at the poster level are very different and merging some of these would cause a lot of problems. The Senate and Kavar's Corner are for serious discussion, indeed, but the Senate is a pure debate forum and Kavar's Corner is geared less towards debate and more towards general discussion of serious discussions. The personalities in the two forums are very different and some just do not mesh well at all. Merging those two forums would make members of both pretty unhappy. Some who post in Kavar's don't like the aggressive debate style of the Senate, and some of the Senate members would likely chafe at what they would feel were debate restrictions in Kavar's. Having posted in both forums and being quite familiar with the people in both, I can tell you that merging those two together would be a grave mistake.

The Razputin's Domain off-topic discussion section has a very different personality and discuss a lot different topics than Ahto. There's nothing wrong with that, it's just a different group of people having different interests. That's normal, and even desirable because it means we appeal to a broader base of people.

While I understand the desire to keep things organized and all in one spot, we don't want to merge forums that are serving different needs for different members. We might end up putting together two forums that really aren't compatible, and both of the forums would suffer as a result. While all of us keep an eye out for improvements, I'm a firm believer in the adage 'if it's not broke, don't fix it.' People are happy with those sections being where they're at, so I don't believe the sections will be moved or merged unless there's a clear need to do so.

From MST3K's spoof of "Hercules Unchained"--heard as Roman medic soldiers carry off an unconscious Greek Hercules on a 1950's Army green canvas stretcher: "Hi, we're IX-I-I. Did somebody dial IX-I-I?"

Read The Adventures of Jolee Bindo and see the amazing Peep Surgery
Story WIP: The Dragonfighters
My blog: Confessions of a Geeky Mom--Latest post: Security Alerts!
Love Star Trek AND gaming? Check out Lotus Fleet.

Jae Onasi is offline   you may: quote & reply,