Thread: Rough Riders
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2007, 02:51 AM   #26
Grace
Forumite

Beth's expression grew very stern. "Stranger, my ship will be ready in 60 hours or less. Now if you'll excuse me, I've got other business to attend to."

She turned to Vince, who stood behind Jonathan. "Vince, get Ed and Leila to help Martha with the parts we need. Tell them I've authorized the price of bikes. Have them get the parts back to the ship as soon as possible."

To Jonathan, she said, "We'll get him back. You can help with ship repairs when we've got him."

In a moment, Vince returned, followed by Ed and Leila. Beth handed over the map the stranger had drawn for her to Martha. "Martha, take Ed and Leila to the spot on the map. Get the parts, get back to the ship. Work 'till the job's done. We'll be along to help if we can."

Without a word, the dark-skinned woman nodded and gestured for Ed and Leila to follow. In less than a minute, they were out the door. Once more, Beth turned to face Jonathan.

"Anything you can tell me as to leads on where they might have taken him would be greatly appreciated," she suggested.

My story in progress: United We Stand - Divided We Fall

Please read and review
Grace is offline   you may: quote & reply,