View Single Post
Old 01-05-2008, 08:04 AM   #3
BoneLord
Lurker

Hi, please excuse Phlex if I'm attaching to your post, but I have the same problem.

With my old machine the game ran fine in compatibility mode (Athlon xp 2400+, radeon 9800pro, mb asus a7v a333), but when I bought ne new pc I got the same error.

Could it be an hardware incompatibility ?
My new pc is a Pk5 with intel core 2 duo 2,66 ghz (64 bit), video card ati hd2600 (xt, I not remember), Operating system XP pro sp2 32 bit. The monitor is an Eizo lcd S1931.

I've tried to install the game with all the options the installer gives, but the result is the same. Using all the options of xp 'compatibility mode' tab didn't make any effect.

the only thing reported is that under the monitor color panel I can choose only among the 16 bit mode and 32. There is no more the '256 color' option. But it shouldn't be a problem, seeing the JK's faq, the game should be runable either with 16 bits enabled.

Anyone there has got this same error ?

Thanks a lot

PS. I tried to use a win98 installation under vmware, but neither the mb and the video card drivers support this o.s. anymore.
Iím trying to install the game under cedega too (open suse10.3), but there are some problems too in mounting the CD gameÖ. Arrgg !!! ;-)
BoneLord is offline   you may: quote & reply,