Thread: Phoenix Rising
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2008, 03:53 PM   #82
Chandler

Thanks, YertyL. Hopefully I can explain some of it:

Quote:
Originally Posted by YertyL
I'd say that upgrades are generally too expensive;
It's not all about how many X-wing squadrons you can build. You only get 48 population units in space, so upgrades are about maximizing those. They also improve the survivability of the craft, so you don't have to incur the expense of always rebuilding.

Quote:
I also do not understand why cap ship upgrades for heroes cost that much.
They come fully upgraded. It's a way to get something good without spending the money on the upgrades for it.

Quote:
-A relatively minor issue, but my Empire AI seems to be very fond of Praetors, Skyprays and Carracks.
Yeah. There's probably some price adjusting that needs to be done. I've already increased the price of Skiprays to 1200.

Quote:
-Perhaps this is only because of the AI, but bombers seem kinda overpowered. Again, this would maybe change if the IMP AI would mass TIE Avengers or something...
I've since stopped the AI from scouting all their fighters, so they actually engage you now.

Quote:
-somehow missiles/torpedos seem far too strong compared to the regular laser/ion canons.
I think it's actually the case of turbolasers being a bit weak...

Quote:
-heroes also seem a little too expensive, considering that most of them are not much more than a slightly improved field/fleet commander
Well, I haven't touched the commanders, but perhaps they could use some changes...
Chandler is offline   you may: quote & reply,