View Single Post
Old 03-03-2008, 11:51 PM   #31
Rogue Nine
*static*

Current Game: Bravely Default
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Yes, they do all the building and OS installation. They also burn-in (test for functionality) the system before shipping it.

As for the specs themselves, here's what I was able to come up with. I've only listed the major parts, you can decide the other things like cases, peripherals, etc. for yourself.

IBuyPower
Intel System - Rough Total: $950
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor E6750 2.66Ghz - Best processor for your money offered
Mobo: Asus P5N-E SLI or MSI P6N SLI-F
Processor Cooling: INTEL CPU Cooling Fan System Kit - If you're not overclocking, then you really won't need more than this.
RAM: 2GB Corsair
PSU: 600W Power Supply - I think the manufacturer is either Xion or NZXT, they don't say. :/
Video Card: EVGA Nvidia 9600GT
HDD: 320GB Hard drive - They use Western Digital Caviar drives, which are some of the best out there.

AMD System - Rough Total: $850
CPU: AMD Athlon™64 X2 5000+ Black Edition 2.6Ghz
Mobo: Asus M2N-SLI NVIDIA nForce 560 SLI Chipset
Processor Cooling: AMD CPU Cooling Fan System Kit - Again, if not overclocking, you won't need more than this.
RAM: 2GB Corsair
PSU: 600W Power Supply - Same as above.
HDD: 320GB Hard drive

CyberPowerPC
Intel System - Rough Total: $925
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor E6750 2.66Ghz
Mobo: Asus P5N-E SLI or MSI P6N SLI-F
Processor Cooling: Raidmax Maxcool Intel CPU Cooling Fan - Pretty much the same as the IBuyPower part above.
RAM: 2GB Mushkin
PSU: Cooler Master 600W Power Supply - A good, reputable PSU maker.
HDD: 320GB Hard drive - Not sure if they use Seagate or WD...

AMD System = Rough Total: $825
CPU: AMD Athlon™64 X2 5000+ Black Edition 2.6Ghz
Mobo: Asus M2N-SLI NVIDIA nForce 560 SLI Chipset
Processor Cooling: Raidmax Maxcool AMD CPU Cooling Fan
RAM: 2GB Mushkin
PSU: Cooler Master 600W Power Supply
HDD: 320GB Hard drive

You can tweak these builds as you like, they're just meant as a basic framework. You can cut more corners by lowering the HDD capacity or by going with the cheaper mobo. I wouldn't skimp on the PSU as getting enough power to your system is important and I definitely wouldn't skimp on the RAM because you need at the very minimum 2GB for Vista to run properly. I can vouch for the quality of the ASUS P5N-E mobo and the Intel E6750 CPU as I own both of them and they're pretty darn awesome should you decide to go the Intel route. If you find you can spend a little bit more money, then go with the Nvidia 8800GT, it will give you better gaming performance than the 9600GT.

Hope this all helped.

have a suggestion for the lf poll? pm me
Rogue Nine is offline   you may: quote & reply,