View Single Post
Old 04-20-2008, 07:20 AM   #9
rweinert
Lurker

I have the start problem too

I have the same problem, when I insert the EAW Gold Pack DVD (German version), the autorun comes up, but regardless what option I choose, I am always asked to insert the Gold Pack DVD. I can access all files and folders from DVD and run the install for EAW or FOC manually, but when I try to start the game I am asked to insert the DVD again if I start it via the Icon. If I just double click swfoc.exe it works, but it still seems to be not right.

I run the normal EAW fine on my LT, but canít install the Gold Pack DVD. So far I tested the install on 2 PC, an IBM and a DELL Laptop, all with the same result. At first I thought this might be a disk error, so I already got it replaced by my vendor, but same result with the second DVD.

While trying to get the install going I disabled all Services related to security like AV Software, Defender, Anti Spyware Ö, but no luck. I am using Windows XP SP2.

I think it is either caused by the DVD protection or it is a general problem with this German Gold Pack DVD.

Does anybody have an idea how to fix that?
rweinert is offline   you may: quote & reply,