View Single Post
Old 04-28-2008, 10:35 PM   #9
Achilles
Dapper Chimp

Helpful! Veteran Modder Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jae Onasi
I had received 3 or 4 IMs and PMs discussing not just the 'intelectually dishonest' comment but also the 'pretend to know' series of comments in another post.
Okay. If I'm being encouraged not to use those term, then I need to understand why. If it's nothing more than "we've decided that we don't like them", then that's fine but let's not prop it up as something it's not. That's where things get murky.

This is similar to the whole "formal debate" issue that no one has been able to adequately answer for me.

Quote:
I would like to know why the forum should conform to your need (or others--this isn't limited to you) to be blunt to the point where we receive complaints.
I don't recall arguing that anything should conform to me. Also, if you think I've been blunt, then I think we should probably have a discussion about what "blunt" really looks like. I'm guessing that what you really want is for me to be non-controversial, which is something else entirely.

Quote:
If the consensus of the group here is that they want the standard of courtesy to be high, should you not be adjusting you style to the group rather than the other way around?
Up this point, I have not received any warnings indicating that I have not. Do you and I have something we need to discuss via PM?

Do any of the rest of us get to have a say in what "high standards of courtesy" look like or will you continue to define that as we go along?

Quote:
If you can't, the Senate has and certainly will continue to welcome your many contributions. If you can adjust and maintain your intellectual integrity (and I would be stunned if you said you couldn't), then is there some compelling reason why you've chosen that your needs outweigh that of the group's?
I wonder how your peers feel about how dismissive you are with their areas of responsibility.

On-topic: Since I haven't been furnished with a warning, Jae, I'm only left to guess at what you're referring to. The entire purpose of this thread has been to discover what the problem was. The nudge has been retracted and mediation has been offered, yet here you are continuing to insinuate there's an issue. So is there a problem or not?

Quote:
Thanks.
You're quite welcome. Thank you.
Achilles is offline   you may: