View Single Post
Old 04-29-2008, 12:45 AM   #10
Achilles
Dapper Chimp

Helpful! Veteran Modder Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jae Onasi
How about 'because it's not polite'?
Again, we come back to opinion and my earlier question: are all opinions going to be given equal weight or will some be considered more "equal" than others?

Quote:
Making negative implications about someone's level of honesty or intelligence is rude.
Right, except that never happened. So I'm struggling to understand the relevance of your point. I really do get that you're having difficulty distinguishing between a comment about *someone* and a comment about *behavior*, but I promise you there really is a difference.

Quote:
You don't need to make those kinds of comments to prove your point.
Comments that include specific terminology? Again, Jae, I'm trying to understand the specific point of contention here. I believe that tk102 has already tried to point out that perhaps you're thinking the term means something other than what it does. How much further out of proportion are we going to blow a misunderstanding about terms?

I have absolutely no problem trying to meet you half way on this, but I think you'll need to not be on-the-attack first.

Quote:
If you're just wanting to, then be up front about it instead of trying to couch it as 'I'm not understanding what rude is'.
I don't recall making that statement

Quote:
I can certainly forgive, but I'm not a complete idiot.
No warning then? Then I'm not sure what you're trying to tell me.
Achilles is offline   you may: