Thread: [Fic] Dream or Reality?
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2008, 08:05 AM   #20
Rabish Bini
Sydney Roosters Genius

Current Game: KotOR III
Welcome one and all to the third chapter of my long running series, enjoy and comment.

------------------------------
Chapter 3 - The Hurt he Feels

“Everything’s so blurry, and everyone’s so fake. Everybody’s empty and everything is so messed up. I am lost without you, I cannot live at all, my whole world surrounds you, I stumble then I crawl.” Revan’s thoughts were interrupted by Carth Onasi, Admiral of the Republic Fleet.
“I’m so sorry for your loss Revan. She was a wonderful woman, so full of hope and always smiling, tragically cut short.” A calm breeze swept around the Dantooine plains, as they stood atop a cliff, facing away from the recently rebuilt Jedi Enclave.
“I wonder what you’re doing, imagine where you are, there’s Heavens in between us, but that’s not very far.” Revan didn’t say a word, just thinking the thoughts, yet nothing came out.
“You have my sympathy Revan, and I know you need time to yourself, I mourn for those who never knew her. Their lives would’ve been better had they.” Carth walked back to the Enclave, leaving Revan to his thoughts, he wept silently as he went through the events that had occurred.

“Get a doctor, she’s having spasms!!” The nurse screamed, as a doctor came as quickly as he could have, with Revan close behind.
“Doctor, her spasms, they stopped.” The life support system was just a dim buzz; everyone was frozen solid, afraid of what could’ve possibly just transpired. The doctor checked her pulse.
“Revan, I’m, so sorry. Her hallucinations got too strong to contain, and erupted, giving her spasms, there’s nothing you could’ve done, I’m sorry.” Revan stood there, without saying a word, as tears streamed down his face, he knelt beside her, holding her cold hands tightly, and asked for everyone to leave them alone together.
“There was something I could’ve done...”

“It’s just another turning point, a fork stuck in the road.” Revan kept thinking to himself, trying to get himself to move forward in his life. But he couldn’t do it.
“Make the best of this test, don’t ask why, it’s not a question but a lesson learned in time.” Revan turned to see Kavar, still recovering from his near fatal experience with Kreia over 7 years ago.
“What’s that supposed to mean?” Revan asked in a voie which almost sounded like he was mocking the Jedi Council Member.
“Don’t worry about moving forward yet, you will see in time that the only way to go in life is forward, don’t try to deny your feelings and say that you’re moving on with your life, let time do that for you.”
“Since when were you an expert on love, you were one of those who wanted to have me and Bastila removed as Jedi Knights.”
“I once knew love,” Kavar started, in a soft manner of speaking, which Revan has never heard before. “Her name was,” Kavar paused, “Something you need not know now, the point I’m trying to make is that I, too, have experienced something like you are experiencing now, and to not turn your back on my advice, but to embrace it. Good luck, my friend, remember what I told you, don’t deny your true feelings for her.” Kavar walked off, as Revan collapsed to his knees and started crying heavily, something which Revan had never done before. “I’m tired of living like a blind man, I’m sick of sight without a sense of feeling, you may be gone, but I said I loved you and I swear I still do.”

“I never dreamed that you’d be mine, but here we are tonight. Imagine what the world could be, if they learned to love like you and me. But they stay entrapped in their enclaves, not knowing what they’re missing out on. I love you Bastila...”
“We need to rush her to the emergency ward, stat!!”
“Revan, I’m sorry.”

Revan woke up from his dream, to find his bed wet, and him sweating like it was a 70 degree day on Tatooine. The dream had changed, from good to bad, and from bad to worse.
Revan took out a hologram projector and started recording a message.

I love you, and have loved you all along, I miss you, we’ve been far away for far too long. I keep dreaming you’ll be with me and you’d never go.

His tears softened his words, and showed his true feelings. He always felt more at peace after recording a personal message, and he slowly drifted back to sleep.

“Revan, I hate to ask this of you, but, could you possibly reschedule the funeral?” Kavar asked. Revan’s face grew pale, and he gave Kavar a menacing glare, one which cut through Kavar like he was a piece of tall grass caught in the way of a Kath Hound.
‘It’s just that, we have a lot of knights and padawans going on an exhibition to Coruscant, and it’s impossible to reschedule it.”
“Revan nodded slowly, “Five days from now, is that enough time for you to indulge yourself while I suffer?”
“Revan, I didn’t mean it that way, five days is enough, but, please, I said for you to show your true feelings, but don’t take your anger out on people who respect you, you won’t win many friend that way.” Kavar went to notify everyone of the funeral change.
“Kreia must’ve done some immense damage to his brain; the funeral was anyway going to be five days from now.” Revan smirked, and walked to the pond where he and Bastila used to spend their leisure time together.
He picked up a pebble and skipped it across the pond. 1, 2, 3 bounces. And old pastime or Revan’s whenever he was feeling alone, down or isolated.
“If only I hadn’t sent her into the ship alone, or even had I checked the ship properly, she would be with me, and I would be with her” He reached into his pocket and pulled out a beautiful ring, topped with the largest Quixoni crystal he could find that would fit on it. “We would’ve been one.” He clenched the ring tightly, kissed it as a sign of respect and dropped it back into his pocket. It was growing dark, without a single cloud in the sky. The stars shone brightly, just like the sparkle in Bastila’s eyes every time he smiled. He lied down under small palm tree, staring at the bright moons of Dantooine.
“Every little thing reminds me of Bastila.” He spent a couple hours there, just laying down, thinking to himself, and eventually he fell asleep. Until Juhani found him.
“Revan, I just got back from the rebuilding Cathar, and have only recently heard of your loss, I am so sorry.” But before he could reply, Kavar yelled out urgently that they join him in the meeting room. They sprinted as quickly as they could, where Kavar and Zez-Kai Ell were standing.
“Revan,” Zez-Kai Ell spoke, “We need to ask a favour of you, I know it is at such short notice, but we need you to stop a civil war on Tatooine, we would go but as you can plainly see we are still recovering, and all our knights and padawans are out on the exhibition Kavar told you about before.”
“Very well, only because I have such respect for your opinions that it was the council’s fault the whole Mandalorian, Malak and True Sith Wars happened, it was that honesty which kept you alive, what is this skirmish about?”
“I’ll fill in that one,” Kavar said, “It appears that Czerka corp. Has finally driven the Tuskens into pure insanity, and they’ve waged civil war, the catch is, that a Dark Jedi was the instigator of all this, and we need you to stop him. He is bald and has a small goatee, similar to Bandon you encountered on your previous journeys.”
“I will do this for you, but only if Juhani can come with me. Kavar and Zez-Kai Ell both nodded, and Revan and Juhani wlaked to their already prepared ship.

------------------------------
As you may have noticed, my chapters include a LOT of references to some of my favourite songs, especially this one, see if you can pick out all of 'em.

Yes
Rabish Bini is offline   you may: quote & reply,