View Single Post
Old 08-30-2008, 11:11 PM   #6
Alpheon
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by clone2727 View Post
I believe the older ones are MIDI and then gradually become digital audio. Though, the older ones also have some digital sound (like for voices).
Yes indeed; or at least, that's my idea. Like I said, I'm not even sure where to start--I can't find anything that even looks like music files (MONSTER.SOU, etc.) within the game disc directories. And this is exactly what I was talking about: I don't even know where to start.

I'll check out ScummEX (hadn't heard of it before now) and let you know my findings.

UPDATE: Ok. So--what I'm currently looking at is the "Humongous Entertainment Classics" disc. It contains on it the games Putt-Putt Joins the Parade, Fatty Bear's Birthday Surprise, and Putt-Putt Goes to the Moon. In the immediate drive directory, there are what appear to be resource archives, titled "PUTTMOON", "FBEAR", and "PUTTPUTT", all using the file extensions "HE0" - "HE4". There are also maybe-archives with the extensions "SNG" (song?), "W32" and "BRS".

Truth be told, I haven't the slightest as to how to export files with ScummRev or ScummEX. I'm rather a novice, but I'm willing to learn!

The questions now are:
How do I export files from any (mainstream included) SCUMM game using either of the utilities mentioned above?
Where should I begin looking for the Humongous Entertainment music files? :P

Thanks for reading. Really appreciate it.

UPDATE 2: Ugh. The "SNG" (what else could it stand for?) files are unreadable by both EX and Revisited.

Last edited by Alpheon; 08-30-2008 at 11:44 PM.
Alpheon is offline   you may: quote & reply,